VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"The location is close to all ameneties. The place is clean and the price is excellent. The owner is professional and thorough right from the beginning of the inquiry. Also, there is a back up plan incase of mishaps, e.g. locking ourselves out. It was resolved right away, unlike the last place we rented, which was not our fault(electronic lock/faulty code). Their back up plan also did not work and we waited for over 12hrs and had nowhere to sleep. Thank You, Ellen!!!"
Guest: marinelle a.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 1, 2015
"We love this house on Chincoteague Island. We spent every morning on the porch, sipping coffee and looking out the canal at Oyster Bay. If you like to kayak, this is simply heaven. A short paddle across the bay, through a narrow, reed-bound channel in Morris Island and you're in a haven of blue and white heron, comorants and snowy egrets on the shore and inlets of Assateague Island. Even if you're not a kayaker, you'll love the quiet relaxation this location offers. It is truly a jewel in beautiful Chincoteague."
Guest: skibumDate of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: October 8, 2015
"We stayed in the Cleveland St. home during Pony Penning, 2015. It is an excellent location to downtown amenities (shops, restaurants, carnival grounds, etc.). The front porch was extremely relaxing. The home was very clean and roomy. Off-street parking was a definite plus!"
Guest: Kathleen W.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 5, 2015
"Here are some pros and cons about Snug Harbor.
- Heat - At first the heat was awful! The first night we got there, the cabin was boiling hot. There's AC in the bedroom that we cranked up, but it took hours for it to cool the room and about 24 hours for it to start cooling the rest of the cabin (we had to keep the door to the bedroom open at all times). I had to sleep on the couch the first night because it was unbearable to sleep in single bed in the front room.
- No internet - there is a router in the office but my phone couldn't find it. When my one friend's computer picked it up, it wouldn't connect. Then the bars were so low it didn't really matter. Unless you go to the office, you won't be getting internet.
- Limited cleaning - We were there 5 nights and the cabin wasn't cleaned w/o our request. We had to ask for fresh towels, toilet paper and trash bags.
- No microwave - there was a fridge and stove but no microwave. Unfortunately, we had bought a lot of microwaveable foods in anticipation of eating in a few nights we didn't get to use.
- Bugs - Not the responsibility of Snug Harbor but worth mentioning. There are 3 kinds of pests on the island - black flies, horse flies and mosquitoes. The black flies are annoying but don't bite (we had a few of these in the cabin). The horse flies only seemed to be in the beach area and did bite. The mosquitoes are EVERYWHERE! We only had a couple in the cabin but they are rampant on the rest of the island, esp. near wooded/stagnant water areas. So be sure to pack lots of bug spray and long shirts/pants.
- Staff was wonderful - They were very friendly and answered all our questions.
- Kayaks/Boating on premises - They were readily available for rental. We took a guided kayak tour to see the wild ponies and got really close! The guide was knowledgeable and we had a great time!
- Beautiful view! - We were right on the water and had a spectacular view of the ponies, the lighthouse, and the water. It wasn't noisy at all and the sound of the water was very relaxing.
- Near all the sights - Getting to the beach, trails, and shops was very easy. They provide maps in the office and we were able to get from Snug Harbor to all the sights without trouble.
- Pricing - The rates were affordable considering everything that's included. The four of us paid about $360 each for 5 nights. Considering we had the kitchen, beds for four people, and were overlooking the water, we thought it was very reasonably priced."
Guest: Caitlin M.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 15, 2015