VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"This was the nicest rental. The house was very well equipped. I felt right at home there. My kids loved it. They played games, did puzzles and had a good time without their electronics for once! We all had a great time and didn't want to leave. The owner was very pleasant to deal with, I would highly reccomend this to everyone. We will definitely look to future bookings of this property :)"
Guest: brandy r.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 24, 2015
"Here are some pros and cons about Snug Harbor.
- Heat - At first the heat was awful! The first night we got there, the cabin was boiling hot. There's AC in the bedroom that we cranked up, but it took hours for it to cool the room and about 24 hours for it to start cooling the rest of the cabin (we had to keep the door to the bedroom open at all times). I had to sleep on the couch the first night because it was unbearable to sleep in single bed in the front room.
- No internet - there is a router in the office but my phone couldn't find it. When my one friend's computer picked it up, it wouldn't connect. Then the bars were so low it didn't really matter. Unless you go to the office, you won't be getting internet.
- Limited cleaning - We were there 5 nights and the cabin wasn't cleaned w/o our request. We had to ask for fresh towels, toilet paper and trash bags.
- No microwave - there was a fridge and stove but no microwave. Unfortunately, we had bought a lot of microwaveable foods in anticipation of eating in a few nights we didn't get to use.
- Bugs - Not the responsibility of Snug Harbor but worth mentioning. There are 3 kinds of pests on the island - black flies, horse flies and mosquitoes. The black flies are annoying but don't bite (we had a few of these in the cabin). The horse flies only seemed to be in the beach area and did bite. The mosquitoes are EVERYWHERE! We only had a couple in the cabin but they are rampant on the rest of the island, esp. near wooded/stagnant water areas. So be sure to pack lots of bug spray and long shirts/pants.
- Staff was wonderful - They were very friendly and answered all our questions.
- Kayaks/Boating on premises - They were readily available for rental. We took a guided kayak tour to see the wild ponies and got really close! The guide was knowledgeable and we had a great time!
- Beautiful view! - We were right on the water and had a spectacular view of the ponies, the lighthouse, and the water. It wasn't noisy at all and the sound of the water was very relaxing.
- Near all the sights - Getting to the beach, trails, and shops was very easy. They provide maps in the office and we were able to get from Snug Harbor to all the sights without trouble.
- Pricing - The rates were affordable considering everything that's included. The four of us paid about $360 each for 5 nights. Considering we had the kitchen, beds for four people, and were overlooking the water, we thought it was very reasonably priced."
Guest: Caitlin M.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 15, 2015
"the worse part of a large family stay is that you tend to forget things. the Cheriton kitchen is so well equipped that you don't have to worry about bringing coffee filters or a wine opener - they have a great selection of coffee mugs, pots and all the things you might need for your stay! The place is neat and well-kept and the mattresses are very comfortable and of the newer generation."
Guest: z p.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 10, 2015
"This house was one of the nicest I have ever rented on Chincoteague, and we have been summer visitors for almost 20 years. The location is quiet, very suitable to unwind and enjoy the natural beauty of the island. The screened in deck/porch overlooks the canal behind the house, where we kayaked and crabbed and watched the birds and just relaxed. It is large enough to accommodate us all during the day for many activities. The home itself was clean, with a very well stocked kitchen (pots, pans, utensils, and on and on). It was adorably furnished and decorated. It was the perfect size for my family, and everything is close enough by car, yet far enough to enjoy the peacefulness. We were missing this home before we got across the causeway! We cannot wait to stay here again."
Guest: Maureen BDate of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 25, 2015