"We stayed in this home for a family reunion for a week. Overall, we had a wonderful time.
Here are the pros:
* Good for a group with lots of adults, because none of the beds are rooms full of bunk beds.
* The home is lovely - well maintained, well decorated, comfortable.
* Three bathrooms, all with a tub or shower, so no fighting over the bathroom!
* The view - it is absolutely beautiful and amazing. My favorite spot was the deck overlooking the lake.
* The lake - Lake Wenatchee seems to be a hidden jewel in Washington state. It wasn't crowded or noisy.
* Lots of water toys and tools available - a canoe, a kayak, a paddle board were all on the beach waiting to be used. In a closet in the house, we found life preservers in many sizes, along with sand toys, blow up air mattresses and water toys.
* The description reads 4 bedrooms, but it's really 3. The room described as a 4th bedroom with a single bed is really a wide open space which the front door opens into, with a railing overlooking the main floor with a single size pull out sofa/chair. No privacy (or quiet) whatsoever.
* The stone steps down to the beach are treacherous! Thank goodness for the rope handrail, because you need it. The "steps" are really large rocks set into a stair step pattern; but some of them are over 12 inches tall, so if you're young or elderly, you'll have trouble with these stairs.
* The tv and surround sound system in the living room. You have to change the channel from the master bedroom, where you can't see the tv, so it really takes two people. And it took us until the last night to figure out how to turn the speakers on the deck off (but maybe that's because we're not familiar with surround sound systems).
One last comment - this isn't really a negative, but check out of the picture of the driveway in the listing. It is REALLY steep (seriously, maybe a 40 degree angle?) from the road down to the house. When you turn down the driveway, for a second there, you can't see what's in front of you - feels like you're driving off a cliff.
Overall - this is a wonderful home where the positives far outweigh the negatives. Go - you'll love it!"
Guest: Laura K.
Date of Stay: August 2014
Review Submitted: September 2, 2014