This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Snowshoe reviews
"I stayed in this condo for a short 2 night stay in February. I had a wonderful time. Condo was cozy and very convenient to Snowshoe. I normally travel and ski alone, and this condo was perfect for me. I have stayed at the "top" of the hill before but enjoyed the peace and quiet of being at this location. The hot tub was a nice bonus. I am hoping to go again for a little longer trip next year. Owner was very easy to work with and I am hoping to stay there again in the near future."Guest: Kathy Date of Stay: February 2014 Review Submitted: July 14, 2014View listing
"Nice condo and very convenient for skiiing. Staff at condo were helpful. The slopes were not crowded and had good weather. Very good trip."Guest: George Date of Stay: March 2014 Review Submitted: April 7, 2014View listing
"This is a very nice condo in a great location (overlooking the Silver Creek ski school and next to the tubing hill). The sleeper sofa was comfortable thanks to an areobed-type of mattress. The kitchen is small, but has everything you need to make a meal. We had breakfast and dinner in the condo. There is a washer/dryer and space to store ski equipment. The condo was very quiet - we didn't hear anything from our neighbors. We would definitely stay here again!"Guest: Neene B. Date of Stay: February 2014 Review Submitted: February 22, 2014View listing
"We stayed there for three nights with a few couples and toddlers. The house was perfect for all of us! The shuttle service to the slopes was really convenient and there within 5 minutes after calling. The views were breathtaking and the owner went above and beyond to ensure our visit went smoothly."Guest: Elizabeth T. Date of Stay: February 2014 Review Submitted: February 20, 2014View listing
Snowshoe Travel Tips
Nestled into Pocahontas County in West Virginia is the village of Snowshoe. This town, located at the base of Allegheny Mountains, is full of welcoming charm and atmosphere.
The main travel focus of Snowshoe is centered around skiing at the Snowshoe Mountain Resort, but there's much more to see and do here away from the slopes. Though the town is most well-known for its winter activities with almost 500,000 skiers visiting every year, there's plenty to do year-round.
Aside from terrific options for snowy activities, Snowshoe also offers a variety of cultural attractions to enjoy during a romantic trip or fun family vacation. Try the various local dining establishments for delicious meals and explore all that Snowshoe has to offer, no matter the season, so you can learn more about the area's history, heritage and residents.
Warm Weather Things to Do
- Pocahontas County Opera: If you're hoping to see some live entertainment during your trip to Snowshoe, you'll find it at the Pocahontas County Opera House, the area's premier performing arts center. The space seats about 250 spectators and offers performances ranging from jazz, bluegrass and folk music to musical theater and everything in between. The building, which is a century old, is on the National Register of Historic Places and can often be found filled with people enjoying the performing arts. The Opera House is also host to a plethora of community events like open jam sessions and movies nights. All performances are family-friendly and children ages 17 and under are admitted for free! Keep in mind: Tickets can be purchased at the door, but are cash only.
- Raven Golf Club: Golf lovers will love playing at Raven Golf Club, which was voted the No. 3 course in West Virginia by GolfWeek Magazine in 2012. Beautiful natural scenery creates a peaceful backdrop and long fairways take advantage of the terrain. It will be a joy to move from hole to hole and you'll want to come back every day to practice your swing.
- Split Rock Pools: Take advantage of the warm weather and cool off at Split Rock Pools. With a geyser, water slides, indoor and outdoor swimming areas as well as a sauna and hot tub, there's a place for everyone, from kids to adults. Whether you want to splash around and play or sit back and relax, you can do it at Split Rock Pools.
- Cranberry Glades: One of the most interesting attractions near Snowshoe is Cranberry Glades, a unique ecosystem. Here you can see a variety of rare plants and animals throughout the 750 acres like the northern flying squirrel, American bald eagle, the pitcher plant, red spruce trees and yellow birches. This tract of land is protected in order to preserve the plant and animal life that live here.
Cold Weather Things to Do
- Snowshoe Mountain Resort: When visiting Snowshoe in the winter months, it's hard to miss out on the skiing at Snowshoe Mountain, the largest winter resort in the Mid-Atlantic. It features two black diamond trails that boasts a 1,500-foot vertical drop and 60 percent pitch. Skiers and snowboarders alike can take advantage of 15 acres of terrain. Snow bunnies and those new to the sports can try Yew Line, a half-mile novice slope. For snowboarders, there are two terrain parks with a half pipe and a variety of rails. There's also plenty of space for those who prefer cross country skiing to downhill. When you need a break from the winter chill, head into the Seneca Lodge. You can also try your hand at snowmobiling, snowshoeing and tubing down six different lanes. For a romantic moment, take your sweetheart on a horse-drawn sleigh ride.
- The Big Top Amusement Park: For some serious family fun, head to the 15,000-square-foot The Big Top Amusement Park and Playground. With a variety of exciting entertainment features like inflatables, a climbing wall, Eurobungy and a snack bar, it's the perfect place to spend some time off the slopes. It's open during the winter months from November through March. You'll find live entertainment, craft sessions and movie nights here as well as Santa during the holidays and even magic shows. Children under the age of 6 are admitted for free!
- The Tuscan Sun Spa & Salon: All of those winter sports are sure to take a toll on your body. Soothe aching muscles at The Tuscan Sun Spa & Salon. Treat yourself to a relaxing massage to work out any knots and tension, treat your wind-burned skin to a facial and spruce up your digits with a manicure and pedicure. Revel in an afternoon of pampering and you're sure to leave feeling rejuvenated and refreshed.