This exquisite 11 room home is situated near Popponesset Beach and on Dean’s pond. Private beach access is less than a 4 minute walk away. Home is also within walking distance to Popponesset Inn and Popponesset Marketplace. It is ideally suited for older teens and adults. Activities include kayaking and fishing on Dean’s Pond. This unique home has 5 oversized bedrooms (2 master ensuites), 4.5 marble & granite bath rooms, central air-conditioning, three gas fireplaces, bluestone patio, large outdoor gas grill and outdoor shower. There are king sized beds in 4 oversized bedrooms and 2 sets of twin beds in the 5’th bedroom. There is plenty of room to spread out for all guests: a first and second floor family room, along with another family room with a pool table in the completed basement. For exercise enthusiasts, there is also a well-equipped exercise room with a tread-mill, elliptical trainer and universal equipment.
What makes this House unique
This home is quiet, private and spacious but close to everything: beach, golf, restaurants and the marketplace. It’s very peaceful watching the sun rise over the pond on the deck off our first floor gathering room. We love that we can get a good work out in the exercise room or curl up with a book in the private study. There’s plenty of sun lit rooms for our large family to spread out.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Superb and Beautiful Experience in Mashpee
This was as close to a perfect vacation property as one could imagine. First of all, it was situated on Dean's pond with two kayaks ready to use (and we used them!). Very comfortable bedrooms, nice kitchen, outdoor shower, multiple bathrooms, grill, pool table, and weight room all adorned this property. It was less than a five minute walk to a very pretty beach with beach chairs provided. The location was an easy walk to Pomponnessett Market with the Raw Bar which has the best lobster rolls on the Cape. When we arrived, the air conditioning on the second floor didn't work. We called Anne who was very responsive and on Saturday night at 7 pm a repairman emerged. What happened was the former tenant shut a switch off! Nonetheless, Anne's responsiveness then and checking in during the trip was impressive. Scott and I would love to give a bad review so we could keep this property all to ourselves, but that would be unethical. This is an amazing house, fantastic location, well run, clean, and comes with our highest recommendation
Beautiful inside and out. A treasure for anyone. Three levels allows privacy for all. Within walking distance to beautiful Poppy Beach and Poppy Market place. The owner goes beyond the typical, creating wonderful touches throughout the home. Fresh flowers and fruit awaited us, a booklet of helpful notes to further our enjoyment, comfortable furniture and beds, plenty of towels, I could go on but you get it, way beyond what we expected. Plus, Anne is just a text away if you have any questions. Stay here, you will LOVE it.
Very nice and convenient private beach access
This house is beautiful and a great place to spend a summer vacation! The walk to the beach is easy down a packed sand/clay path. There is a nice eating area and a GREAT out door shower, but really not a yard if you want to run around. The kitchen is awkward for more that 2 people to prep in and the WiFi/cell service is poor to non existent.... but then again you are on vacation!!
So glad you enjoyed your stay here and hope you come again! Cell service can be patchy in Popponesset and New Seabury so we do offer our land line for use if needed.
Great rental home for families in New Seabury!
Our family recently rented this beautiful home and had a fantastic time. Some features to highlight:
- Home is large. We had two families and fit comfortably. Plenty of beds, bathrooms, and space for everybody.
- It is a beautiful, well-maintained home. The gardens are beautiful!
- The amenities in the home are great -- small porch for a game of cards or reading a book, outdoor grill, in home gym which had nice equipment, 2 kayaks for quiet morning row on the pond, pool table, master BR had a BIG jetted tub and the kitchen is massive with a great farm table
- It's about a 7-8 minute easy walk to the beach. The home comes with a beach cart, chairs and umbrella. The beach itself is great -- not overcrowded and the sand and water were nice. We walked home every day for a lunch break.
- There is also fishing on the pond either from the kayaks or from the small bridge. Bring your poles.
- We rented a SUP for the week that was delivered and picked up from the home. We would paddle over to the other side of the pond near the bridge in the morning and then it is just steps across the street to the beach.
- We brought our bikes and so glad we did -- lots of places to ride in New Seabury.
- The Popponesset shops, market place, ice cream, raw bar are about a 12-15 minute walk. We walked up after dinner a few times for ice cream, and back up in the morning for coffee.
A few recommendations of other things to do:
- If you are there on a rainy day, consider heading over to Martha's Vineyard for a day. We took the ferry from Falmouth and then rented a jeep on the island for the day. The kids loved the original carousel in Oak Bluffs, we had lunch in Meneshma right by the water, drove out to Gay Head cliffs, and visited the lighthouse (the steps up/down are a bit nerve wracking but the view is worth it).
- We did an escape room at Riddle in Mashpee Commons -- it was very well done and the kids loved it!
- Shops at Mashpee Commons are great -- lots of unique finds.
Lastly, the process was easy. Home owner was terrific.
We are so happy that you enjoyed your time here in our home and for being such wonderful guests:) Thank you for the great review as well as your excellent recommendations for other things to do! You certainly made the most of your stay here and we hope you consider renting from us again in the future.
Fabulous home in ideal location!
We had a great two weeks staying at this home. It was beautifully decorated and came with a fully equipped kitchen. The photographs don't do the property justice. It was so nice to wake up and walk to the Marketplace for coffee. We took long walks on the beach and enjoyed exploring the Cape from this ideal location. When our time was up we didn't want to leave! We would definitely come back. The property owner was very attentive and responded quickly to any and all questions. Thank you for a wonderful, family vacation.
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time here as much as we do. Thank you for being such wonderful guests and we hope you consider our home again in the future.
We recently rented this property for three days May 27,28 &29, 2017. The owner has accused us of stealing towels, smoking, having 12 quests, and varies other lies.
Our 8 quests where between the ages of 69-78 yrs of age ( other then my 31 yr old son) they traveled from Italy, Ct, NYC and Maine to attend our wedding. All well respected, accomplished & retired people that don't smoke and certainly have no interest in stealing towels.
Our personal cleaning service cleaned the house on Sunday at our expense to assure that the house was cleaned before our departure.
We have requested the name of the owners cleaning service that is making these accusations and false claims against our family members. The owner has refused to provide their name/number. She is not willing to return our full security deposit.
We were so disappointed by the state in which the renter’s guests left our house. Our cleaning company, with over 15 years experience, contacted us immediately to inform us that due to the condition that these guests left our house in, extra cleaning would be required. Not only were towels soiled and missing, but alcohol was spilled on walls and carpets, the yard was left a mess (where cigarettes were found) and the sink was filled with dirty dishes, pots and pans. On top of all that, the majority of the windows were left open which resulted in soaked rugs that needed to be cleaned and dried. We simply passed that additional charge onto the renter.
We have not had any issues with previous renters, so we're quite surprised by all of this. In the future we will require that the renters stay on the property with their guests.