Jardin del Mar is the perfect location for several couples or friends traveling together, family get-togethers and group retreats. It's an ideal vacation destination for large groups, because each couple or small family has private space(s) but also ample shared outdoor spaces to socialize with the other members of the group. Best of both worlds! (Even if your party doesn't require the use of all 6 guest suites, there will be no other guests staying on the property - you will have the Estate to yourselves aside from the hosts' quarters which are in a separate house on the street side of the property.)
Jardin is on an totally enclosed half acre of beachfront property and can comfortably sleep 20 people... It has 8 bedrooms (5 king suites, 1 queen bungalow studio and 2 double queen bedrooms), 8 full bathrooms, 5 fully-equipped kitchens, a huge barbecue/entertaining area, a 3rd-story rooftop terrace overlooking the bay, a large saltwater pool, private beach access, sea kayaks, secure parking and much, much more.
WEDDINGS: If you'd like to host a small wedding at Jardin del Mar, please contact us for the required guidelines. Additional fees apply.
CONFIGURATION OF GUEST SUITES:
Each guest suite is unique and they have different configurations sleeping between 2-4 people (feel free to message us regarding your group's dynamics, kids' ages, number of couples, etc to see if the Estate would be a good fit for your group.)
- Maria: 2 king bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, 1 kitchen, living areas, large outdoor deck/patio (occupancy 4)
- Delfin - 1 king bedroom, 1 full bathroom, 1 kitchen, living and dining areas and balcony (occupancy 2 - but it also has a futon couch if needed)
- Serena - 2 king beds (one in a private bedroom and one in the main living area), 2 full bathrooms, 1 kitchen, living areas and dining area on patio (occupancy 4 - but also has a twin-size futon couch)
- Palapa - Queen bungalow studio (only unit without A/C but it has screened in windows and ceiling fans), 1 queen bed, 1 full bathroom, 1 kitchen, cozy living and dining areas (occupancy max 2, no room for travel crib, etc.)
- Isabella - 2 queen beds, 1 full bathroom, mini fridge in room, shares full outdoor kitchen with Santiago (occupancy 4)
- Santiago - 2 queen beds, 1 full bathroom, mini fridge in room, shares full outdoor kitchen with Isabella (occupancy 4)
Although we are directly on the beach, it's not a great beach for swimming because it starts to get rocky about 20 feet from our sea wall, but you can walk 10 minutes towards either La Cruz or Bucerias to find sandier beaches. (Our favorite swimming beach is called Destiladeras and it's about a 10-15 minute drive from Jardin.) The Banderas Bay is not known for snorkeling or diving either. You'll have to do a boating excursion out to the Marietas Islands or hire a water taxi out of Punta de Mita if you want to snorkel. Also, the nearest surfing beaches are in Punta de Mita or Sayulita - each about a 20 minute car ride from here.
CATERING/PRIVATE CHEF SERVICES:
If your group is interested in hiring a chef or catering company for some or all of your stay, we can refer you to a couple local companies for you to contact directly, but we don't handle the hiring/arranging on your behalf. Your group is also responsible for paying for any outside vendors directly.
We have no cribs, cots, rollaway beds or other equipment you may need for traveling with kids, but we can refer you to companies in the area that rent out and deliver baby equipment to local travelers. (Casa Palapa is the only unit not big enough for a travel crib.)
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
None of the guest suites have TVs
Palapa is the only unit without A/C (it has screened-in windows and ceiling fans)
Two large (senior) dogs live on this property