Great Availability for Spring Breaks Book Now and Save £50 Per Break Feb-June(20 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
4 bed double upper villa in the heart of North Berwick,
You'll instantly feel at home in this comfortable well equipped house combined with spectacular views and proximity to the beach, town centre and local facilities.
Why not enjoy a relaxing break before the school holidays to take advantage of the best rates! Just give me a call or drop a line to get the best price for a short break or longer stay.
East Lothian is the sunniest and the driest area of Scotland, and the mild climate in this sheltered corner of the country makes it a popular year-round holiday destination.
The coastline is punctuated with places of interest, including castles at Tantallon and Dirleton dating back to the 13th century. The area's many other attractions include beaches, historic homes and ancient monuments, good walking and cycling routes, and the best collection of golf courses to be found anywhere.
The Bass Rock, 2 km offshore, is home to one of the world's largest gannet colonies and dominates the sea view from North Berwick, whilst Aberlady Bay (the UK's first local nature reserve) hosts thousands of migrating birds each autumn.
Edinburgh is just half an hour away by train. Scotland's capital city offers many attractions, but is at it's busiest for three weeks every August during the Edinburgh International Festival, North Berwick also joins in with a Fringe by the Sea festival just minutes from our front door.
The North Berwick area
North Berwick is a thriving coastal town with a long and colourful history. The growth of the 'Royal Burgh' is closely linked to the establishment of the railway line in the late 19th century, a time when North Berwick was a fashionable destination for the well to do in society, and became known as the 'Biarritz of the north'.
These days the town is home to a population of around 7,000 and is one of six main towns in East Lothian. Local infrastructure includes a high school, sports centre and swimming pool, health centre, shops, banks, pubs, restaurants, etc. There are golf, rugby, sailing and tennis clubs, and many other tourist attractions. Excellent transport links mean Edinburgh is easily accessible by road or rail.
Local attractions include Tantallon and Dirleton Castles, the Museum of Flight, Glenkinchie Disitillery, and the Scottish Seabird Centre. Boat trips to the Bass Rock and other islands are available from the old harbour in summer months.
At the heart of Edinburgh's golf coast, North Berwick is home to the West Links, the oldest piece of golfing land outside St Andrews and one of the finest courses to be found anywhere. Muirfield, Gullane, Dunbar, and the new courses at Archerfield and Renaissance are all just a short drive away.
For those who simply want to relax and unwind, there are miles of beautiful sandy beaches, good places to walk or cycle, and friendly pubs and restaurants.
Local annual events include:
- The Loony Dook (1st Jan, 2012) - watch 100's of crazy people get cold and wet in the sea !
- North Berwick Highland Games (2th Aug, 2014)
- The Fringe by the Sea (6th-12th Aug, 2014)
- Frequent Golf, Tennis and Sailing championships
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- On floor 1
- 20 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- The beds in the 3 larger rooms are all 'link and zip' this means that they can be either king/super king size beds or single beds depending on your requirements. The Single room also has the possibility of being pulled out to make a cosy double bed. If you have an extra guest or two you are also welcome to use the sofa bed in the sitting room....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- As the property is on the 1st and 2nd floors of a sea front villa, it does mean that the views are wonderful and uninterrupted, but it also means that there are quite a lot of stairs: so for those with very young children we have stair gates available. We would also like to point out that it may not be best suited to those with mobility issues. We like to welcome you with a taste of products from the local area. You will find enough of everything to get you well started on your vacation, from coffee and tea to soap and laundry products. Here are a few comments from guests that stayed at Craigard this year: May2012 'Great weekend visit. House location is first class as are the facilities in the house. Will most certainly recommend this house to our friends' The Mcleans, Ross's and Slaters July 2012 'We would have paid for the views alone! Lovely feel to the house, spotlesslesly clean and great attention to detail, we feel we had a long relaxing holiday even though its only been a few days. Good Luck with the venture!' J Hunter and family July 2012 'Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.Very well equipped flat. Girls enjoyed the DVDs-nice touch- as well welcome pack. Great Location. We will definately be back. Many thanks' The Johnstone family July 2012 We arrived in a rain storm and woke up in brilliant sunshine. The sea views are magnificient. Very relaxing!The flat was extreely comfortable and the beds extremely so Many thanks Alice Clegg July /August 'Thank You Really fantastic comfortable house. The views oo la la! The beds OMG The weather has been great, lots of beaches around north berwick, North Berwick beach the best.' The Buckley Connollys August 2012 'fantastic time just a shame we couldnt have stayed longer. Fantastic house and would love to come back, The Clarksons' ...moreless
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 10 people
- Activities Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Bottled Water
- Broadband Access
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking On Street
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 7 - Jun 30, 2017
2 night min stay
Jul 1 - Sep 9, 2017
7 night min stay
Festive Season 2017
Dec 20 - Dec 29, 2017
5 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 8 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- No additional mandatory fees
All costs are included. This includes, bedding, towels( though not beach towels) electricity, gas, broad band and sky tv.
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Sea Front Villa on the 'Rivera of the North' North Berwick's East Beach. Enjoy uninterrupted views of the Firth of Forth across to Fife, the Isles of Fidra, May and the Bass Rock. A stone's throw to some of the best golf courses in Scotland.
Year Purchased: 2002
About: Hi there, my husband and I lived here very happily for 8 years and still love the place very much and hope that you will now enjoy staying here as much as we do!
- Secondary: +44 7957806165 mobile
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from the dining room balcony
View of North Berwick Law from Bedroom
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.