Long term rental for 6-9 months from late August 2017 to Spring 2018
Perfect for traveling families or academics on sabbatical.
Key points: 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, huge modern kitchen, fenced backyardincluded)
Cramped city apartments are not for larger families. Our large, furnished home is a single family dwelling that has everything you could need, including lots of space, 5 bedrooms, a gourmet kitchen, 3 bathrooms, a play room, parking for 2 cars+, all on 3 levels that total 2800 sq ft of living space.
We are looking for a trustworthy family to rent our home to while we take a sabbatical in Europe from end of August 2017 to (roughly) April 2018. Our return is somewhat flexible depending on your needs.
Our house is located in the quiet and very safe residential neighbourhood of Chateauguay, Quebec, only 25 minutes from Montreal by car (when traffic is favourable). The town itself has around 50,000 inhabitants and everything you could need in terms of necessities, multiple grocery stores & supermarkets, banks, services such as hairdressers, etc., lots of restaurants and activities (no need to go into the city unless you want to).
We live directly in front of a lovely park with a playground ideal for children. We are 3 minutes by car away from the countryside with agricultural lands and wonderful opportunities to enjoy nature and yet we are also very close to all the stores and services you would need during your stay.
Our house is on a corner lot with a large backyard that is completely fenced in. We have a very big deck which is wonderful for little kids to ride tricycles and bikes on. Our state-of-the-art propane BBQ is at your disposal to enjoy as long as the weather holds out (you can often BBQ well into October or even November if you're feeling more brave!). ;)
Our home itself has a beautiful gourmet kitchen with every high end appliance you could need or want. Perfect for those who love to cook!
- Large french door refrigerator with freezer on the bottom.
- Super automatic coffee machine that instantly makes you a fresh espresso or americano at the touch of a button.
- Walk-in pantry with lots of storage space
- Efficient and quiet Bosh dishwasher
- Large granite wrap-around counter top with stools on one side
- Premium cookware
- Top-of-the-line Vitamix blender, Ankersrum (made in Sweden) free standing mixer, food processor, mini countertop convection toaster oven (Breville), 2 sizes of electric pressure cookers (InstantPot), and many more.
- Newly replaced microwave over the stove
- Newly replaced stove / oven
- New dinning room set expands to seat up to 12 people at a time
A rough idea of the floor plan:
- Entrance / Mud Room to hang coats and leave shoes/boots and winter gear
- Short flight of stairs to the main level with an open concept L-shaped living room / dining room / kitchen
- Full bathroom
- Bonus school / play room on the main floor
- 4 bedrooms:
- Master bedroom with his/her closets and king size bed with extremely comfortable latex mattress)
- Large bedroom for a girl (or sisters who don't mind snuggling!) with a double bed and a desk
- Medium-sized bedroom for a girl with a single bed and a desk
- Large bedroom for up to 2 boys with a bunk bed that has a double bed on the bottom and a single on top
- Full bathroom with shower and separate double soaking tub
- Family room with large leather sectional couch (seats 10) and a big screen plasma TV
- Bonus fridge, full size freezer, and mini beverage-fridge
- Bonus office / extra bedroom with a couch hide-a-bed (queen sized)
- Full-bathroom with shower and attached laundry area with washer and dryer
All of this is only $2500/month INCLUDING utilities (heating / cooling, electricity), cable TV service with both Canadian and American news channels / HBO, and high speed fiberoptic Internet (Wi-Fi throughout the house).
Monthly payments can be arranged. No need to pay all upfront as this site suggests.