Beautiful turn-of-the-century 3 bedroom, 2 bath half-double home. Centrally located, on the border of the Irish Channel & Uptown neighborhoods. Everything is at your fingertips! Caddy-corner from the house is Atchafalaya restaurant, serving delicious traditional New Orleans cuisine, cocktails and a Jazz Brunch on weekends with a full bloody mary bar. Walk two blocks to Magazine Street, and you'll find a grocery store, a drug store and miles of restaurants, bars, galleries, antique and clothing stores, snowball stands, bakeries, cigar shops, music venues, chocolatiers and much more! A few blocks farther is St. Charles Avenue, where you can enjoy Mardi Gras parades, or take a leisurely ride on the streetcar past ancient live oaks and mansions on your way downtown, to Audubon park, or the Riverbend neighborhood. Bourbon Street, Frenchman Street, JazzFest and the Superdome are all a 10 minute Uber away. The location really can't be beat.
We lived in this house for years before moving 3 blocks away; we couldn't leave the neighborhood (we can walk everywhere).
Renovated in January 2017! Each bedroom is independent (not shotgun style).
- 3 bedrooms: A master downstairs and two bedrooms upstairs; each with a king bed. Two also have a daybed or futon. Upstairs bedrooms on either side of a staircase (camelback style) and may be difficult to access for the mobility impaired.
- Each bedroom has high quality sheets and down comforters
- 2 bathrooms, each has a tub with shower, both downstairs
- Dining room seats 8 comfortably
- Family room with flat screen Roku TV with local channels, Netflix
- Backyard was just landscaped with deck and patio added. Small, but plenty of room to have a meal al fresco.
- Hi speed wifi
- Ample off-street parking
- Owners live three blocks away, and are happy to offer recommendations on how to enjoy New Orleans! We love eating out and listening to live music and have some very strong opinions on the best places to go. Although we are built-in travel guides a few blocks away, you likely won't need us ... walk to Magazine Street and you're all set! Come visit New Orleans. We know you'll fall in love with our house, our neighborhood, and our city!