Ski in/Ski Out; Pool/Hottub at Calhoun's Whistler Getaway(49 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-5 nights
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Condo, 2 Bedrooms+Loft area, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 7-8)
Calhoun's is a great place to come home to after a day enjoying everything Whistler has to offer. Open the door and you're greeted by a comfortable, friendly and luxurious environment. Gather round the large dining room table and share your adventures from the day - many tales have been exchanged here. Curl up by the fire with a good book or movie, or just gaze out the window and enjoy the mountain view. People tell us they enjoy staying 'home' at Calhoun's just as much as going out.
Our guests often ask 'what's the difference between Whistler Village and Whistler Creekside?' Whistler Creekside is the original Whistler base and has the 'local feel'. It's on the south end of the valley, closest to Vancouver and 5 minutes from Whistler village. The Creekside base area is family friendly and quiet at night, yet Dusty's Pub is the best apres ski spot in Whistler. The entire family can enjoy great food and live music after a day on the slopes. I enjoy visiting the action of Whistler Village to people watch and shop and I love to come home to Creekside and enjoy a meal at one of the great local restaurants or even better, dinner at Calhoun's!
Our home is made better by the people we share it with. Come and enjoy everything Calhoun's has to offer:
* Perfect family get away!
* Ski in/SKi out - at the foot of Whistler's Creekside Gondola - 100 yards away
* Room for everyone - 950 sq. ft.;bright & airy' 2 story lofted 18 ft cathedral ceilings
* Sleeps 7-8 comfortably; 2 queen beds; a double/single bunk unit; a single bed
* Outdoor heated swimming pool, hot tub and sauna - one of the most inviting in Whistler
* 2 barbecues in the courtyard for year round bbqing.
* In-suite washer & dryer
* High end Fisher&Paykal refrigerator
* Quiet dishwasher
* Cook at home in our fully stocked & equipped kitchen
* Free movies available through netflicks
* Apple TV available in livingroom
* 3 TV's
* Main floor layout: open kitchen, dining, living area with gas fireplace, balcony overlooking courtyard & mountains, master queen bedroom & bathroom with shower
* 2nd floor layout: enclosed bedroom with a bunkbed (double on bottom and single on top), and a single bed, plus a loft area with a queen bed; 4 piece bathroom, washer & dryer
* Special offer for our guests: FREE underground parking in our secured and heated lot
* Locked ski & bicycle storage. Ski locks provided.
* 100 yards to the Franz Trail Shopping plaza with food store, liquor & beer store, restaurants, ski rentals, ski tickets, WhistlerBlackcomb Guest Relations, Starbucks
*Whistler Village restaurants and shops a quick bus ride away. Bus stop right outside our door.
* Direct bus from Vancouver airport right to our front door.
We will do our very best to make Calhoun's your home and ensure that you have a great holiday!
Keywords: 3 bedroom Condominium; 2 enclosed bedrooms, 1 lofted bedroom; Open kitchen, dining, living area; 2 baths; washer/dryer; internet; 2 TV's; free parking
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2001
- 3 story
- On floor 3
- 950 sq. ft.
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Free high speed internet including wifi, 2 HDTVs (with AppleTV and Netflix), hot tub (shared), large outdoor heated pool (shared), secured heated garage, ski/bike lockers, bus stop across street. Franz's Trail Shopping Plaza across the street including grocery & liquor store, ski shops, restaurants, bank, post office, Starbucks, great restaurants within walking distance. Fantastic shopping at Function Junction - best kept secret in Whistler becoming a 'must visit' shopping district. ...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Covered Parking:
- Gas Fireplace
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 10 - May 22, 2017
3 night min stay
Shoulder Season 2017
May 23 - Nov 17, 2017
3 night min stay
Early Skiing 2017
Nov 18 - Dec 15, 2017
3 night min stay
Dec 16 - Jan 7, 2018
5 night min stay
Powder Season 2018
Jan 8 - Apr 15, 2018
4 night min stay
Rates are based on 6 guests; add $18 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Tax Rate 5%
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We are a family of 4 who live near Vancouver. Our family loves the outdoors and takes every opportunity to ski, hike and bike. Owning a property in Whistler has been a dream of ours for many years and we are happy to share our Whistler home with others. We also love to travel and have had experiences staying in vacation homes around the world. We know what we like when we're vacationing and we have worked hard to bring those amenities to our Whistler home.
Why the Owner Chose Whistler, BC, Canada:
We searched the Whistler area thoroughly for our vacation property and were absolutely thrilled with what Lake Placid offers. In our opinion, this is hands down one of the best properties in the area. Our list of 'must- haves' was quite high - easy access to the ski hill ( we have two small children); a pool and hottub to enjoy apres ski and year round; an updated and secure building in a convenient location. Lake Placid has it all!
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
We love the location! I smile everytime I make the 90 second walk to the gondola. I also love the view we have from our livingroom window. I can look down and see the pool and hottub or look up and see the moon rising over a forested mountain. Lake Placid also has easy access to groceries, Starbucks, liquor store and we are always running out for 'one more thing'. One of my favourite things to do is walk or bike into Whistler village with my family for dinner. The walk is gorgeous - paved trails through the forest and by the lakes. When we're done we hop on the bus and return to our quiet and relaxing condo in Creekside.
- Secondary: +1 604-839-3911
Welcome to Calhoun's Come.. Stay... Relax...
The Adventurers Room - T.V. with Netflix
Dining area seats 8 very comfortably
Downstairs 3 piece Bathroom
Stairway LED lighting, easy on the eyes
3 piece washroom upstairs
The Zen Loft - comfortable queen size bed; overlooks living room
Common area in lobby
Outdoor Hot Tub / Pool
8 included ski locks to help protect your investments during your stay
View from the loft area. Large dining table for the whole gang!
New stainless appliances including full size convection oven for family meals.
The Snow Room - main floor bedroom, queen bed, T.V.
Downstairs 3 piece bathroom
The Adventurers Room - single daybed, bunked with double on bottom,single on top
Same upper washroom with curtain drawn
Our view from our balcony... you can see pool/hottub and barbeques
Ski lockup in winter, bike lockup in summer. Securely locked away..
Summer at the Pool
New in-suite HE Washer and Dryer
This listing was first published here in 2001.
Date last modified - Monday, April 24, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.