Plumer House is a stately mansion with characterful facade and was completely renovated in 2015 in country style. The holiday home offers you the necessary relaxation, while we secretly hope that it will stimulate your curiosity about Ypres and the Great War in a playful way.
The charming design and the interior radiate rustic warmth. The cozy, sun-oriented city courtyard (35 m2) is finished in Provencal style and provides atmospheric summer evenings with its rural lighting.
The living area (205 m2) is classified as follows:
a. Ground floor.
- Entrance hall and staircase with natural stone floor.
- Spacious dining room and lounge (35 m2) with parquet floor and antique lighting (the sliding window brings the outside feeling inside).
- Country kitchen (10 m2) with lots of light from the large sliding window: combination fridge / freezer, vitro-ceramic hob, combi oven with microwave and dishwasher.
- Separate space on the ground floor with shower, dryer, washing machine and separate toilet.
b. Mezzanine with country bathroom executed in parquet and natural stone.
- Double sink on natural stone top.
- Country shower and bath with authentic taps.
c. First floor with 2 tastefully decorated rooms with parquet floor.
- English-style room (21 m2) with a double bed and desk.
- Room in French style (18 m2) with a double bed.
d. Attractive second floor consisting of 2 rooms with authentic accents (roof beams, fireplaces and parquet floor).
- Room (21 m2) with 2 single beds and a view through the chapel window.
- Airy room with mezzanine (total area 47 m2) with bunk beds and 2 single beds - ideal place for the children.
We are Stefan & Lu and have been living in this pleasant city since 2000. We love living here and bought this beautiful mansion in 2019.
In addition to the war, the city of Ypres also has a rich medieval past. The house is the ideal base for exploring the historic places on foot.
Convenient location, close to eateries, shops, sights and station.
A high degree of privacy.
Spacious cozy rooms.
Late check-in is possible because you can open the door with a code.
Free parking near the house.