Our duplex is a smoke free, pet free, 2 bed/2 bath home away from home. We are centrally located so you can get to all the go-to places in Louisville in 3 to 15 minutes (see the Additional Location Info section for more details).
**PLEASE NOTE WE DO HAVE A TV NOW**
One bedroom has a queen size bed, the second has two twins and a third one could be added if you don't mind being a little crowded. The couch in the living room also pulls out into a full size bed (in case there are two couples and one of them would rather not split up into twin beds), prior notice is required if the sofa bed will be needed. We also have a Pack-n-Play if you need a crib.
We prefer that groups be a maximum of 5, but we leave 6 as an option in case of children or other special circumstances.
We own the duplex and have the bottom floor rented out to a lovely lady, she has two dogs who are let out to the back yard briefly in the morning and evening. If you see them they may bark but are not aggressive.
Our unit takes up the second and third floors, so if you can't climb stairs this would not be the place for you.
Washer & dryer are available.
We have a one car garage suitable for sedans (but not SUVs or large trucks), and there is street parking available. There is a city bus (TARC) stop on the corner.
As our guest you will have access to:
The fully equipped kitchen (dishes/silverware/glasses, toddler plates, cookware, baking pans, utensils, spices/condiments/oil, etc), which includes stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster oven, fridge with ice and water dispenser, freezer, George Foreman grill and panini press, blender, hand mixer & small food processor, French Press and cordless hot water kettle.
Fully equipped bedrooms and bathrooms (linens, alarm clocks, towels, soap, toothpaste, shampoo/conditioner, TP and baby wipes).
Flat screend HD TV.
Ironing board and iron.
Pack-n-Play (portable crib/playpen).
Tourist guides & Louisville magazines.
We also provide coffee, tea, creamer or milk, and some breakfast foods which may include PB, jelly, butter, and honey.
We reserve the right to enter the duplex in case of an emergency or if we need to pick up something. We will attempt to contact the guests first and, whenever possible, we will try to go in during a time that is convenient for the guests.
We believe everything is pretty self explanatory and we will give you privacy, but we will be available nearby and by phone if you need anything or have any questions.
There is a 4% tax added to each rental (not including cleaning fee).
Guests will be expected sign a rental agreement and to abide by the following House Rules:
1. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guests are not allowed to exceed the occupancy limit agreed to above.
2. Smoking/use of illegal drugs is not allowed.
3. Firearms, weapons, and explosives are not permitted anywhere in the property.
4. Guests must not engage in any sort of illegal activity while on the premises.
5. Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors; quiet hours are from 10:00p.m. – 7:00a.m.
6. Guests should be courteous to resident downstairs.
7. Guests must keep outside doors locked, and automatic garage door closed.
8. The unit is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
9. Guests must keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
10. Guests must call Homeowners first if they wish to use the sofa as a bed.
11. Guest will only use appliances for their intended uses.
12. Pets are NOT allowed.
13. There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
14. Any garbage/recycling must be stowed in the proper garbage or recycling receptacle, located behind the garage.
15. No refunds will be given in case of storms.
16. Forgotten items may be mailed back to the Guest at Guest’s expense. In addition to the shipping cost, charges may include a $20 handling fee.