“The Cabin at Cypress Inn” is a one-of-a-kind rustic, yet upscale, private escape secluded in the middle of a 177 acre timber and pine plantation. It's easy to relax at this NEW cabin perched above a 4 acre lake and miles of trails for family and pets. The property is perfect for a romantic retreat or just a relaxing getaway. Why rent a private room when you can vacation on a 177-acre private estate?
Note: Nightly rate includes local hospitality taxes.
The property was purchased in 2012 after generations of Dodd family ownership. A good 60 years ago Cecil Dodd envisioned and carried out the construction of an A-frame cabin, using virgin Tennessee beech, walnut, and poplar timbers cut from the property. He constructed a dam across the natural spring-fed valley creating a 4-acre lake. Since acquiring the farm in 2009 we’ve made numerous improvements, the chief among them being the cabin. The cabin being 60 years old was in need of repair/updating. We have recently completed additions and extensive renovation this summer (2016), the details of which are outlined below.
1400 Square Foot Cabin:
• Complete renovation and expansion completed in the summer of 2016.
We wanted to maintain the original charm and heritage, yet modernize and expand. We utilized surplus timbers and lumber Cecil had stored in the barn decades ago for the expansion. After 14 months of working with a timber frame expert from Oregon and a local finish carpenter we created “The Cabin at Cypress Inn.”
• Main floor has an open floor plan and now includes an all stainless steel kitchen and a new mudroom/laundry room with a new washer/dryer combo. A full bathroom with pebble stone floored shower was added also. The living area/den has two couches and two chairs with ottomans. One couch is an upscale Pottery Barn sofa sleeper which has a fully flat memory foam mattress with no springs or bars! The den has French doors opening onto a spacious new deck offering a beautiful view overlooking the valley and lake. The deck offers a stainless gas grill for grilling and a propane heater for cooler months. The kitchen/living area has oil-finished pine flooring throughout giving a rustic charm that blends with the exposed 60+ year old structural timbers. There is a new 50” flat screen TV for regular TV viewing along with a blue ray DVD player for watching movies.
• A new entry porch features “timber frame” craftsmanship also using the timbers found in the barn.
• A master suite (second level) features a metal framed king bed complete with Jamison Hilton Head mattress (a firm and supportive comfort that guests get every night from high quality top selling hotel mattresses from around the world!), antique secretary desk, wardrobe, and hanging from the vaulted ceiling is a beautiful deer antler chandelier. The upstairs master suite has its own separate heating and air conditioning ensuring your comfort. The master suite also features a new large flat screen TV so you can catch a ballgame and a blue ray DVD player for watching movies. The master suite bath features ceramic wood-look flooring and a beautifully restored extra-long claw-foot tub salvaged from the honeymoon suite of an old hotel in Corinth, MS. The stamp dates it at 1914. Large windows give sweeping views of the lake, open fields, and wooded areas – even while soaking in the tub!
• One unique touch is the countertops and stairs. We cut the countertops for both baths and the kitchen, as well as the stair treads and rises, from the aged timbers found in the barn. The slabs were cut from the center of the beams, then hand-oiled to give the rich satin finish and bring out the woods natural aged beauty. The Cabin at Cypress Inn is truly a one-of-a-kind rustic, yet upscale, private escape.