Vibrant yet safe uptown neighborhood three blocks to Magazine Street, where six miles of local boutiques, restaurants, and antiques are awaiting your discovery. The Streetcar or a short Uber takes you to the French Quarter. Backyard space is coming along but ready for enjoyment!
New everything with 2 private independent bedrooms and 2 baths, central AC/Heat, luxe linens, comfy beds, toiletries, fully equipped kitchen, plentiful street parking.
Live like a local. Come enjoy our spot in the Southern Sun!
We are located three blocks from the best part of Magazine Street and legendary uptown destinations like Lafayette Cemetery No. 1 and Commander's Palace's infamous 25 cent martinis.
Every detail has been carefully selected with your ease and comfort, from the softest linens and plush towels to the toiletries. Our house does not have shotgun bedrooms, which means you DO NOT have to walk through one bedroom to get to the other.
We invite you to experience the allure of a bygone era in our historic neighborhood. Revel in the magic of old world charm with soaring 13 ft ceilings and original architecture while enjoying the modern amenities.
HISTORIC CHARACTER, MODERN CONVENIENCES
• Two totally independent private REAL bedrooms! This means no awkwardly walking through one bedroom to get to the other, no half walls, no bedrooms made with curtains, etc... This is pretty rare for Nola houses.
• New on-demand water heater means never running out of hot water no matter how long those showers go
• Two brand new bathrooms
• Fully renovated and equipped kitchen.. but who really wants to eat in after all?!
• Full size washer/dryer with detergent provided. Great for longer stays.
THE KITCHEN & LIVING ROOM
• Quartz counters
• Coffee maker, toaster, blender, pots, pans, dishes, silverware, etc
• Original condition 100 year old cast iron high-back kitchen sink
• Large open living room and kitchen
• Queen sized pull-out mattress
• HDTV with On Demand TV - Roku, Netflix and Hulu
• New memory foam mattresses
• Soft luxury linens
• Comfy pillows
• Closets with shelves & hangars
• Eco-friendly luxury hand soap
• Clean, white, fluffy towels
• Shampoo, Conditioner & Body Wash provided
During our renovation we wanted to be extremely careful in ‘modernizing’ the house not to strip aways its charm and character. Your private home comes with three exposed brick fireplaces and original 100 year old hardwood floors, bargeboard walls and cypress wainscot ceilings. These were caked with paint, tile, and sheetrock. We painstaking restored them and exposed their natural beauty. In the kitchen, we have an 100 year-old original condition high-back sink, rescued from a house in Mid-City that sat empty since Katrina.
Parking is free and plentiful on the street. Usually a spot is available right in front of our house.
SAFETY & SECURITY
The Irish Channel is a part of the Garden District and is one of the safest neighborhoods in all of Nola. I say that as a woman who loves to explore and revels in my independence. I have no qualms about walking my neighborhood at night. Even considering that, we have state of the art HD cameras installed outside for everyone's piece of of mind.
Please be careful about booking 'deals' in New Orleans in somewhat sketchy neighborhoods. Much of Nola is still in transition and recovery and while we love the city as a whole, we would not wander the streets at night alone in many of the neighborhoods. Research the area before booking.
We came to New Orleans two years ago and fell in love with the city, the people, and the gorgeous old homes. After a looong search, we found this 100 year old Victorian double and fell in love with it too. We now share our little spot in the southern sunshine with you. We hope you love it too.