First-class accommodations for short-term or corporate rental. Great for vacation travel, temporary duty assignments, diplomats, professionals, visiting professors and consultants, couples, business travelers, and families, and for anyone who wants a comfortable and fully-equipped "home-away-from-home" place to stay when they are in DC.
Get a First-Class Luxury 1 BR private apartment with separate dining room/den, large living room, fireplace, hardwood floors throughout, gourmet kitchen and breakfast bar in the heart of historic Capitol Hill. 950 sq. ft. of newly completely renovated, impeccably designed, and well-appointed space. Gas fire place. Living room can be closed off for privacy with doors for privacy when using sleep sofa.
• Located truly in the heart of Capitol Hill and the Capitol Hill Historic District, a family neighborhood with friendly people and fantastic ambiance. Very walkable area, just blocks from the US Capitol, the Library of Congress, Eastern Market, Metro, and many, many restaurants.
• Everything you need is convenient and accessible from this outstanding property at 800 A Street, SE. Located just steps from an abundance of amenities, dining, entertainment, transportation, and destinations.
• See more detail below about this fantastic location--perfect for people new to the city.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPERTY:
Impeccable furnishings and use of space give you the ultimate experience of luxury, comfort, and style. We thought of everything you might need to make your stay with us effortless and memorable. Owner-occupied building (native Washingtonians). We offer responsive and friendly property management to provide you with a seamless and hassle free home-away-from-home.
• Large and newly completely renovated luxury apartment in an historic Capitol Hill townhouse. High-end upgrades.
• Professionally decorated
• Apartment has private entrance and direct access to the garden patio.
• This light-filled apartment has large windows in every room, with both Western and Southern light exposures (because it's a corner house).
• Brand new gourmet kitchen, breakfast bar, washer/dryer, large living room, fireplace, separate dining room/den, dedicated office nook, and hardwood floors throughout. Charming historic exposed brick by the breakfast bar.
• Large living room connects to large separate dining room through French doors. Dining table seats 6. Breakfast bar seats 4. Living room equipped with ample seating for guests (sofa, loveseat, and 2 oversized armchairs)
• Brand new central A/C and heating system (none of those irritating mini-splits!)
• Hardwood Floors throughout
• Exposed Brick Walls
• Bed #1 - Queen
• Bed #2 - Queen (Pull-out sofa bed).
• Airbed available upon request
• Brand new gourmet kitchen
• Stainless Steel appliances; natural quartz counter-tops
• Gas Oven and Range
• Microwave Oven
• Keurig coffee machine
• Fully stocked with tools for cooking and dishes/glasses/stemware/flatware for elegant entertaining
• Dishwasher (brand new)
• Washer/Dryer in unit (brand new)
• TV Provider: Comcast Xfinity (included with rental)--Premium channels (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, sports, etc.)
• High-Speed Internet (included with rental)--Xfinity Blast (business speed, 200 mbps)
• DVD player (large selection of DVDs)
• Assorted books
• 49" Samsung HDTV (living room)
• 40" Samsung HDTV (bedroom)
• 32" Samsung HDTV (breakfast bar)
• No pets or smoking.
MORE ABOUT THE LOCATION:
Located truly in the heart of historic Capitol Hill, everything you need is convenient and accessible from this outstanding property at 800 A Street, SE. Located just steps from an abundance of amenities, dining, entertainment, transportation, and destinations.
• Walk Score® 92 (Walker's Paradise-- Daily errands do not require a car)
• Transit Score® 84 (Excellent Transit--Transit is convenient for most trips)
• Bike Score™ 97 (Biker's Paradise-- Daily errands can be accomplished on a bike; excellent bike lanes)
Pharmacy and Dry cleaners are within one block. Six minute walk (0.3 mi) to Eastern Market Metro Station (Orange/Blue lines, Silver line); 0.9 mi to Union Station (Amtrak and Union Station Red Line Metrorail). Zipcar 0.2 mi. Bikeshare 0.1 mi.
Eastern Market's farmers' market, coffee shops, restaurants, cafés, pubs, boutiques and more are practically at your front door (2 blocks, 0.2 mi). Enjoy an additional array of restaurants and shops in Barrack's Row and on Pennsylvania Avenue (0.3+ mi), including Yes! Organic Market, Spring Mill Bread Co, and some of DC's best restaurants, including a Michelin 2* restaurant (Pineapple and Pearls).
Also, enjoy easy walks on Capitol Hill's tree-lined streets to a wide variety of historic buildings and sites: Folger Shakespeare Theater (0.5 mi); The Library of Congress ( 0.6 mi); U.S. Capitol Building (0.7 mi); U.S. Supreme Court (0.7 mi). The National Mall (with the Smithsonian Museums) is only 1.3 mi.
Easy transportation to downtown Washington, DC, Federal buildings, commercial corridor (K Street, etc.), and landmarks, national Memorials (Jefferson, Lincoln, FDR, Vietnam, MLK+), as well as other vibrant neighborhoods to visit (Georgetown, Adams Morgan, DuPont Circle, and more). Neighborhood well served by Metro, buses, taxis, Uber, Lyft.
Easy access to I-395 and I-66. Easy commute to Reagan National Airport
The Historic Eastern Market is only 2 blocks away!
Eastern Market is far more than a market. Since 1873, Eastern Market has served as a community hub for the Capitol Hill neighborhood and a cultural destination for visitors. Located in the heart of historic Capitol Hill, Eastern Market is a regional destination for fresh food, community events, and on weekends, local farm-fresh produce, handmade arts and crafts, and live music. The Eastern Market building is designated as a National Historic Landmark.
• Fresh Farmers' Market: On weekends and Tuesdays year-round, farmers sell their fresh regionally grown produce in the open-air farmers' market.
• South Hall Indoor Market: Merchants offer fine meats, poultry, seafood, produce, pasta, baked goods, flowers, and cheeses--plus a wide variety of freshly prepared foods, both hot and to take home (closed Mondays).
• Weekend Crafts Market: Each weekend, hundreds of DC's best local artists and crafters set up tents in the street and plazas surrounding the market. Eastern Market's arts and craft vendors are made up of painters, sculptors, independent designers, woodworkers, jewelers, potters, and photographers!