Available November 17-24 2018, and April 20-30 and August 15-24 in 2019.
We have been hosting AirBnB guests in our Garage Apt. (separate from the main house) for the past year with 120+ positive reviews - happy to share the link. Our review rating is 5 stars (out of 5) for every category. We care about our guests and ensuring the best possible experience for their stay.
400 sq. ft. apt available at an extra cost of $100/night. Separate entrance, full kitchen, bathroom, AC/Heat, and double bed.
- We have decorated our 3400 sq. ft. home to be a luxurious, warm, and cozy home for your stay. Spacious open floorplan allows for comfortable lounging and dining. The main living space is all windows (to enjoy the view) and maximum privacy from neighbors. You'll feel like you are over the water all day long.
- Kayak, Canoe, and Paddle Board the sound and make friends with a seal, otter, or whale.
- Hike through Discovery park - the largest park in Seattle. Hike to Lighthouse.
- Walk across the Ballard locks for great shopping, dining, and drinks.
- Drive/Bus into downtown and watch fish thrown at Pike's Place Market.
House - 3400 sq. ft..
- Full House (3 bedrooms + 4 bathrooms).
- Garage Apt studio+bath can be included at extra charge if needed
- Master bedroom has a king bed and room for multiple air mattresses. Bedroom #2 has a twin bed with twin trundle below that pulls out. Bedroom #3 has a bunk bed with Double on bottom and twin on top. House has 4 air mattresses - 1 queen, 2 doubles, and 1 single. Plenty of room for sleeping.
- Parking for up to 7 vehicles on the property. Ample additional street parking.
- Washer and dryer.
- A/C and Heat throughout house.
- Back yard is fenced in for safety of kids (or drunken uncles).
- Deck off of kitchen to enjoy the view from above.
- Full WiFi
- Baby grand piano
- 6-month full house remodel in 2015 - updated house with Heat and AC. Open floor plan, very bright with 180-degree views of the water. House is uniquely situated close to the water for maximum views and privacy.
- Full yard remodel is 2018. Ramp to the beach for easy beach and water access. Large grass lawn.
- Upstairs - 2 bedrooms, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, living room, dining room, and deck. Dining room table can hold 10 people comfortably.
- Downstairs - Laundry room, TV room, Master bedroom with walk-in closet and master bath..
Guest access - Guests will have full access to the property. with exception to the garage.
The neighborhood - Lands End is a quiet small community in Seattle's Magnolia neighborhood and is a short walk to Discovery Park (the largest park in Seattle) and the Ballard Locks. The neighborhood is closely knit with families and retirees - a wonderful group of neighbors who are very friendly.
Other things to note
- Really interesting boat traffic - nonstop pleasure boat and yacht traffic in the summer, fishing boat and tug traffic in the winter.
- 2 Eagles live in the surrounding trees. Seals are visible daily. Summer crabbing season behind the house July and August (we have a crab trap).
- For beach access, you can check the tides related to "Meadow Point at Shilshole Bay" online. Over 7' tide means no beach, under 7' tide means beach to enjoy. Our girls build sandcastles and hunt for baby crabs under rocks.
- 10-minute walk to/from the #33 bus stop which picks up in Discovery Park and takes you directly into Downtown Seattle. Parking lot next to this stop.
- Easy walk to the Ballard Locks, across the locks, and into Ballard for exploring shops, great bars and restaurants, and exciting people watching
- 12-15 min drive from downtown (Pike's Place Market, etc ...), quiet neighborhood in the heart of Seattle. Ballard is 7 min. drive. Greenlake is 15 min. drive. University is 20 min. drive.