Fully renovated timber frame Lake Rosseau cottage on a wooded rocky point facing North West, offering privacy, sun, open lake vistas, large deep water dock for boat moorage/excellent clear deep water swimming and wonderful sunny dock plus boathouse with accommodations overlooking the lake. The glory of Muskoka sunsets from your Muskoka chair at main cottage or boathouse. Great location, minutes by car/boat to Port Carling or Windermere yet on a quiet bay. Main cottage plus boathouse upper level 1 bed/full bath/kitchen. Three bedrooms in main cottage, plus additional bunk beds for kids on the lower level, Master bedroom on private upper level. Very cottagey atmosphere with pine, maple, and hickory floors, brand new kitchen/bathrooms. Separate accommodation in boathouse is ideal for guests/parents/grown children. There is sun on the dock and boathouse deck pretty much all day.
The shoreline has solid granite shoulders perfect for jumping and the water off the dock is 10 ft deep so great for jumping/diving off the boathouse deck. There is also a raft for swimming and we are very close to Windermere which has an excellent beach with washrooms available AND ice cream cones plus the Windermere House pub patio!
Natural terrain lot provides sun at both main cottage deck and boathouse deck/dock plus shade for scorching summer days. Stairs plus natural path leads to the boathouse and water. Multi-slip dock has lots of exterior room for 1-2 boats, optional covered slip, deep water swimming. The Cottage sits close to the water on the SW side of Long Bay 2 miles South of Windermere. Dock faces NW towards Tobin's Island and sunsets. Shore is rocky Muskoka granite. Cottage has large deck partially covered. Open lake views through the trees, panoramic lake view from boathouse even while lounging in bed with burbling ripples from the lake below.
Muskoka chairs, outdoor dining, 2 BBQ's. Morning sunrise as well as sunset.
Timber frame construction, 3 level layout inc's multi main floor and lower walkouts; LR/DR - open concept, lots of windows, sliding door to deck, large dining table, airtight wood stove/granite hearth; Kitchen granite/maple countertops, more more.
Rental comes with a canoe, rowboat, & wind surfer board which is much like a SUP.
Sleeping configuration: Main cottage:
1. Master bedroom suite on 2nd level has a queen bed with premium mattress plus an ensuite good with 'air' tub and tiled walk-in shower.
2. Front bedroom on main level with walkout has Queen bed.
3. Back bedroom has a queen bed, the main floor bath with shower in tub is between these 2 bedrooms, and
4. Lower level open area (pine floor) includes laundry area, 1 bunk bed set, mini office/desk area and sunken(1 step) family room with 52" TV monitor, VCR/DVD, sat TV, games, 2 sliding glass door walkouts (6' and 9'). The maple bunk bed set is really suitable only for children although an adult could use the lower bed.
Note that there is no broadloom, only solid wood floors with area rugs, the 3 bedroom floors are maple.
5. Then the boat house is a complete 1 bedroom unit (walkout to deck) with bath tub/shower and queen bed looking directly out the Lake toward Tobin Island. plus full kitchen (except not allowed a full stove/oven), plus open living space with queen sofa bed. Walkouts from the bedroom and living area to large deck with covered area, eating table/chairs, BBQ , and multi loungers and Muskoka chairs.
No pets permitted.
Concierge services are available for all our properties to make your stay stress free! Catering, private chef services, water taxis, yoga on the dock, boat rentals, trampoline and water lily rentals, grocery, wine and beer stocking and we can even arrange to have cocktails waiting upon your arrival. We can help make your vacation as relaxing and fun filled as possible!