Our place is close to restaurants, family-friendly activities, Dover AFB and art and culture. Our place is good for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, and families (with kids). All decor and furnishings were recently updated and all in great condition. You can relax in the large fenced in backyard and enjoy the horseshoe pit to pass the time. Quiet neighborhood with large farm across the street. You can reach us by phone if you need anything. When facing our home, the neighbors to the left are very helpful, friendly and eager to help with any questions as well. We have been friends for over 30 years. We are 5-10 minutes from Bombay Hook Wildlife Refuge and Dover Downs International Speedway and Casino. 10-15 minutes from Dover Air Force Base. We are 50 miles from DE beaches. We have high speed internet through Verizon Fios with 140+ TV channels. No public transportation nearby but plenty of parking. We use Uber if heading to the casino or local night spots so we have a designated driver.
House Rules and Helpful Hints
1. First and Foremost, WELCOME AND ENJOY YOUR STAY!!!!!!
2. Check In: 4pm Check Out: 11am (we will do our best to offer late check out or early check in, just ask)
3. Small manual thermostats in each room are not operational. The digital thermostat in the hallway will control heat/ac for the entire house.
4. Please no shoes in the house, we think dirt prefers to be outside and some guests have allergies so we try to be sensitive
5. In the hallway closet you will find fresh towels, extra paper towels and toilet paper. Also some extra toiletries and Band-Aids.
6. Washer and dryer in Laundry room, help yourself to detergent and dryer sheets. Please clean dryer vent when finished.
7. Ice and water can be accessed through the refrigerator door.
8. Enjoy complimentary coffee and creamers.
9. Coffee maker in kitchen with coffee in the freezer. (creamers in fridge and sugars near the coffee maker)
10. Some cleaning supplies above the sink in kitchen….in case you need to clean something up… all spill things extra garbage bags are under the sink.
11. Most dishes and glasses are in kitchen cabinets above and cooking utensils are below.
12. Ceiling fan in dining room is controlled with switch on the wall by the sliding door (for light), fan itself is controlled by pulling on turtle hanging from the fan.
13. We recycle so please place any paper or glass in the small trashcan in the laundry room.
14. All bedroom light switches control overhead lights.
15. There are extra blankets and pillows in bedroom closets should you need them.
16. TV, Cable and DVD remotes are below the TV on top of DVD player. There is a TV in the master bedroom as well.
17. There is a gas grill in the back. Feel free to use it. Please turn propane tank off after use.
18. WIFI PASSWORD: ski7392toy9486down WIFI Network: Fios-ECZ9Y
19. Please don’t hesitate to call with ANY QUESTIONS. (267.229.8142)
When you leave please:
1. Please make sure all windows and doors are locked.
2. Turn off all lights and AC or heat.
3. Empty garbage (bag in kitchen and bathroom) into one of the black cans in the backyard.
4. Hang wet towels on the shower curtain rod so we can collect and wash them.
5. Strip all beds that were slept in and place linens in laundry room.
6. Place all dishes in dishwasher and we will take care of them from there.
7. Place keys in the lock box and scramble the combination and call us so we can set the alarm.
8. Thanks for visiting, WE HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR STAY!!!!!