Come enjoy our home surrounded by the natural beauty of Alaska only 30 minutes from downtown Anchorage. This 3-bedroom / 2-bath house is full of windows to enjoy the spectacular views. The two upper bedrooms each have their own private deck. Wake up to the sun rising to the East over the Chugach Mountains, and watch the sun set over the Cook Inlet and the Alaska Range to the West. The property with its privacy, views, and trail access into the park, is second to none. Read a book in a cozy atmosphere, enjoy a soak in the outdoor hot tub, or relax by the fire pit while eating s'mores. Our home, situated on 1.8 private acres, is perfect for an Alaska family adventure, a small wedding ceremony, a family reunion, or those looking for a mountain getaway. We can help you find anything from a nice day hike, or a week-long trek into the wilderness, and we would be happy to recommend possible 2-3 day excursions when you are ready to explore other regions of Alaska.
Walk / Mountain Bike
300 yards to the Peters Creek State Park trailhead where you can walk or bike the wide, lower trail, head up the Bear Mountain Trail to catch a glimpse of Denali, or hike the Mt. Eklutna Loop Trail.
• 25 minutes to Lake Eklutna for flat hiking along the lake, more challenging hiking up the Twin Peaks trail, or rent Mountain Bikes or Kayaks from Lifetime Adventures.
• 25 minutes to the Alaska Native Heritage Center
• 40 minutes to Eagle River Nature Center and some nice easy hiking.
• 1 hour to Hatcher Pass for a scenic drive, visit Independence Historic Mine, or hike in the alpine tundra.
• 1.5 hours to Matanuska Glacier.
• 1.75 hours to Talkeetna where you can visit the small historic town, take a flightseeing trip to Denali and land on a glacier, go zip lining, float the Talkeetna River, or take a fishing charter.
• 1.5 hours to Alyeska Resort where you can take the tram up the ski mountain for an amazing view of seven glaciers and Turnagain Arm, or spend some time hiking the alpine ridges.
• Drive through a one-lane tunnel to Whittier on Prince Williams Sound and hike the 2-mile Portage Pass trail for a lakeside view of Portage Glacier. We have done it with family members with limited hiking ability. It's awesome.
The best part is returning to the house after a day trip and keeping the adventure alive while enjoying comfortable Alaskan surroundings.