3 Bedroom, 2 1/2 Bathrooms (Sleeps up to 8)
Get away from all the hustle and bustle and enjoy a piece of paradise on Pickering Passage at our beautiful Beach House Retreat with 85 feet of low-bank waterfront.
The perfect place for beachcombing, clamming, or wildlife viewing (You’ll see Bald Eagles, Blue Heron, Osprey, Otter playing off the beach, and deer wandering through the yard). Enjoy an evening around the fire pit roasting marshmallows, Relax in the Hot Tub (with a glass of wine?) and take in the beautiful view, or explore the many small coves on Pickering Passage in the provided watercraft that include 2 single kayaks, a double kayak with additional child seat, and a row boat. Or bring your own boat and launch it at Latimer’s Landing less than a mile down the road to explore further into Case Inlet or Puget Sound.
The house is 2 story with 1880 sqft living space and water views from almost every room. The upper deck also provides a waterproof cover over the patio so you can enjoy the outside even in the rain !
Walk out the French doors to the covered patio with large Propane Grill, patio table with chairs, a separate group seating area, and a 6 person Hot tub.
Descend the steps from the patio towards the beach and there is a lower patio area; Here you’ll find the kayaks and another sitting area with a fire pit and a supply of firewood.
The house itself has a beachy feel with plenty of space for everybody.
The open area Main floor of the house includes:
• the Living room with a large comfortable sectional for plenty of indoor seating, a cozy propane fireplace for cool winter evenings, 45” TV with Amazon Fire provided, and a DVD player
• a Dining area that has a large table with seating for 6 to 8 people plus additional counter seating with 3 bar chairs
• Gourmet kitchen that has everything the home chef would need to prepare delicious meals including a full-size refrigerator/freezer, a Jenn-Aire gas stove, tiled countertops, a center island for extra work space, many small appliances, and a dishwasher to make cleanup easier. There is an abundance of Dishes and glassware for both inside and outside dining, including wine and cocktail glasses. We even provide some basic staples to get you started in the kitchen: Coffee, tea, sugar, 1/2&1/2, flour, catsup, mustard, mayo, spices, cooking oil, cube of butter, and other misc items.
• a Laundry with full size washer and dryer, includes laundry detergent
• a large ½ Bath
The living room, dining area and kitchen are all open to the Water View.
On the second floor, you’ll find:
• the Master Bedroom (14x16) with a King size bed, walk in closet, a full private Bath and French doors leading to the upper deck
• a Guest Bedroom (14x11) that includes a Queen bed, Queen size sleeper sofa, TV with DVD and VHS Video player, books, games, and videos (Kids can claim this room while the adults are downstairs), and French doors leading to the upper deck
• the 2nd Guest Bedroom (12x11) with Queen bed and walk in closet
• a second full Bath.
Wi-fi is available throughout the house and the televisions are equipped with HDMI input to accommodate Roku, Amazon Fire, or other streaming products you may wish to bring.
We also have central Air Conditioning for those rare, wonderful Hot Summer days!
Want to get out and explore the area ?
Seattle is only a 90 minutes drive via Tacoma, or take the 30-mile drive to Bremerton and enjoy the spectacular 1 hour ride on the Washington State Ferry that puts you in downtown Seattle, with or without your car.
Like Hiking? The area is known for its many lakes, and access to the Olympic Peninsula, Olympic National Park, and Hood Canal areas. Check out our books ‘Pacific Northwest Hiking' or 'Hidden Washington' for many options available locally or take the 1 hour drive to Olympic National Park to find hiking trails for all experience levels.
The cities of Belfair, Shelton, Olympia, Gig Harbor and Bremerton are nearby for additional shopping and dining opportunities. Belfair has a large waterfront nature preserve with walking trails, Gig Harbor is a quaint little boating community with lots of little shops and good cafes and restaurants