We have been awarded membership to the "VRBO Premier Partner Program". VRBO's Premier Partner Program recognizes owners that consistently deliver great traveler experiences.
- Long Range mountain views
- Huge deck for sitting out and enjoying the mountains
- Pets are welcome
- Stone Fireplace with gas log set and instant on remote
- Deer and wild turkey roam on the property
- All paved road access (snow plowed in the winter) - no need for all-wheel drive
- Secure Garage parking
- Great place for a couples retreat or a family get away
This can be YOUR place for rest and relaxation. Our cabin is a family friendly place where you will be able to wind down and let the cares of the world vanish. Sit out on the rockers of our large covered deck, enjoy your morning coffee and watch the sunrise kiss the mountains or sit inside in one of our leather recliners and enjoy the view from the bay window. Long range mountain views. Just replaced and installed a new central air-conditioning unit for comfort during the warm summer days.
The cabin can accommodate an "honest" 8 guests (real beds, not air mattresses or couch surfing) with 3 bedrooms (All King Beds in the bedrooms - plus bonus queen bed just off of the family room that serves as a lounging/reading area). ~Queen Bed is a bonus bed and is not in a bedroom~ The front two bedrooms each have double French doors that open out to the spacious deck. Enjoy privacy in the master ensuite bedroom. There is a Porta-A-Crib if you have a little one. Your 4 legged family members are welcome as we are dog friendly. As mentioned earlier, we have a large deck that is about 1/3 covered with oversized teak rocking chairs and features a secure gate to keep the little ones safe. Paved road access so no worry about inclement weather. The cabin is single story and the living areas, bathrooms and deck are on the same level.
We offer a large flat screen “Smart” television with DVD/Blu-Ray player, DirecTV and Wi-Fi. The Smart TV provides access to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO Now and other on-line streaming services with your subscription. Wi-Fi is Frontier Com DSL, so no limit on use like most satellite Wi-Fi offerings.
Fully equipped kitchen has a full sized fridge, microwave, range/oven, crock-pot, electric skillet among the amenities plus a Gas Grill on the deck. All pots, pans, dishes and a large drop leaf table that can seat 8. There's even a high chair and booster seat for the baby or toddler.
Looking for a more active get-away, then don’t forget your hiking boots or golf clubs, there are two public golf courses that are less than 15 minutes away and Franklin/Macon County has 16 local water falls, world renown gem mining, with numerous biking and hiking trails including the Appalachian Trail and Bartram Trail along with many other trails. I have provided a list of water fall trails and hiking trails in my guest book.
Grocery shopping and restaurants are less than 5 miles down the road. A quick 15 minutes to downtown Franklin where you can find shopping, restaurants, entertainment and now two new locally owned Craft Brew Beer Pubs.
I have a couple of additional rules for potential renters:
• Owner intends to rent to family groups only. A family group is defined as parents, children, grandparents and extended family members vacationing together. All non-family groups, including unmarried couples, high school or college students and other unrelated individuals traveling in groups, are prohibited.
• Firearms are not permitted in the house or on the deck and should be kept locked in your vehicle. This includes air guns (pellet and BB-guns).
• No Fireworks are permitted on the property.
We truly believe that you will enjoy our cabin as it is family friendly, ultra-comfortable, clean and cozy with views to die for. Please be our guest.