Thank you for looking at this lovely 1 bedroom / 1.5 bath, fully-renovated English basement apartment in a 1890s era Victorian rowhouse which has everything you are searching for in a short-term Capitol Hill apartment for business or pleasure.
- Large Living Room / Dining Room - Relax in a very comfortable sofa, oversized loveseat and ottoman. The sofa pulls out into a Queen-sized sofabed with a 2 inch gel memory foam mattress topper. A brand-new 43 inch 1080p LED HDTV is connected to Comcast / Xfinity HD Preferred cable with 220 channels and Performance Internet WiFi. A high top dining room set seats four comfortably. Complete service for 12 is included in the kitchen (dishes, glasses, utensils) so you don't spend all your time doing dishes!
- Kitchen, Laundry Closet and Half Bathroom - A fully-stocked kitchen comes with a full-sized refrigerator, four burner electric range with oven, and dishwasher. Also included is a microwave oven, toaster, coffee maker and complete cookware, bakeware and food storage sets along with all of the other necessities for cooking complete meals for your family and friends. A half bathroom with new fixtures is located just off the kitchen and a full-size washer and dryer along with iron and ironing board are located in a closet in the bedroom.
- Bedroom and Full Bathroom - The bedroom features a Queen-sized platform bed with a nearly new "The W Bed" mattress by Beautyrest, the same mattress used in all W hotels purchased directly from the hotel chain. A Ralph Lauren comforter, lots of pillows, dresser and clothes closet complete the bedroom. The completely new bathroom has a large ceramic tile tub shower combination, new dark wood vanity with solid surface top and integrated sink and modern light and plumbing fixtures.
- Outdoor Space - Right outside the bedroom is another large closet and steps that lead up into a very deep, landscaped back yard with a brick walkway and a large dining table with 4 chairs. This outdoor space is shared with the home upstairs.
- Location, Location, Location - Don't be fooled by listings that say "Capitol Hill" but are located on the fringes; this historic home is right in the heart of this fabulous neighborhood! You'll be a short walk to the world-famous Eastern Market, Massachusetts Avenue restaurants, the Atlas District / H Street NE entertainment area, restaurant-packed Barracks Row along 8th Street SE, Union Station, the US Capitol and Senate office buildings. The nearest grocery store is a brand-new Whole Foods Market approximately 6 blocks away.
Metro's Orange / Blue / Silver and Red lines (via the Eastern Market station and Union Station) are within a 15 minute walk as well as some very convenient Metrobus lines that will take you downtown (D6) or to Adams Morgan / U Street (90/92) conveniently. There are also three or four new Capital Bikeshare locations within a few blocks. Just park your car and walk or metro all over the neighborhood as well as most the DC area including all of the museums and monuments along the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, etc.
Other features include:
- Original and reproduction artwork primarily featuring Capitol Hill and Washington DC
- Top-rated cleaning and linen service to ensure that sheets and towels are always of the highest quality including extra linens for the sofabed
Please see property 1043953 for the main portion of this home and the reviews (the main home was available for rent prior to this apartment).
I have owned this home since 1999 and currently live just a few blocks away. I have had the privilege to live in this wonderful gem of a neighborhood for nearly 20 years and have several years of experience managing other properties via VRBO / Homeaway. Thank you very much for your interest; I look forward to hearing from you and (hopefully) being your host for a wonderful Washington DC visit.