East End Historic District Victorian Charmer(25 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Beautifully restored and family friendly 3 Bedrooms, 2 Full Bathrooms, Sleeps 6
We are only 8 very short blocks from the beach and moments from downtown. You can walk practically anywhere from the the house because it is so conveniently located. Come in, create some happy memories, and step back in time.....
A Little More Information: The East End Historic Neighborhood is filled with delightful turn of the century homes. Ball Street is one of the more significant streets, and on our street, this lovely block is one of the more spectacular blocks.
Going for a walk will make you smile every time you step into your neighborhood. A walk can be purposeful, like going out to dine, or just to stroll the side-walked streets under the shade of magnificent, towering trees for a bit of fresh air.
Our Amenities: *Historic 143 year old home tastefully restored & decorated
* Located on historic Ball Street - the homes are spectacular yet comfortable
* Finely appointed furnishings throughout
* Beautifully landscaped
* 14' Ceilings throughout the house
* Enormous living and dining area designed for easy entertaining
* Hardwood floors throughout the home
* 32' HD XFinity Cable TV with Blue Ray DVD/CD player
* Beautiful fine art and artifacts through the house
* All necessary items to host seated dinners and parties, including:
* A well stocked pantry with spices and condiments to make any meal extraordinary
* Excellent cooking utensils and an ice cream maker, electric knife, toaster, & hand mixer
* Full table linens, candles, and silver plate silverware service for 12, and
* Two (2) separate 8 piece place settings of fine china and many serving pieces.
* Utility room with washer and dryer
* Located close to tourist attractions
And A Few More Amenities: * One of the few houses in the East End to offer its own driveway which accepts 2 vehicles
* Lovely deck with white trellised trim on the back of house
* All sheets are 200 thread count or more
* Large Victorian style electric fireplace built in a great mahogany mantel w/marble finish
* Sofa in den converts to a queen size bed with a 2' memory foam pad
* Kitchen appliances include refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, ice maker, disposal & oven
* A list of caterers in the immediate area will be provided upon request
* Pets Are Not Allowed
* Minimum Age Requirement: All renters be at least 25 years of age or older.
* Smoking Not Allowed
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2006
- 1800 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 6
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 3-6
- Upstairs, two great bedrooms await you, each with queen-sized beds. The downstairs TV/sitting room is a convertible bedroom (with a queen size sleeper sofa) to comfortably house 2 additional guests for a total of 6 guests. Each of these rooms is so comfortable that it will be hard to leave. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- The home is tastefully landscaped with colorful flowers and bordered on one side by sheltering trees with a white trellised back porch that is ideal for those who wish backyard privacy and a view that hasn't changed since 1888. You can see the steeples of the Bishop's Palace from the porch and rear kitchen window. The kitchen has been completely furnished with two sets of china dishes, each with 8 place settings. The silverware is a silver plated service for 12. The kitchen is also stocked with quality pots and pans, and all other items necessary to cook and serve any meal. NEARBY ATTRACTIONS & ACTIVITIES WITHIN EASY WALKING DISTANCE: Mosquito Cafe, Bishop's Palace, Sunflower Bakery & Cafe, Original Mexican Restaurant, UT Medical Branch, Galveston Co. Courthouse, Beach & Gulf of Mexico, Opera House, Ashton Villa, The Strand, Moody Mansion, Pier 21, Cruise Ship dock, and the Historic Sailing Ship Elissa....moreless
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library:
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Coin Laundry
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Rain Forests
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking On Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
A chef's dream in regard to items available for cooking. Also includes an electric knife, Cuisinart food processor, toaster and blender! Full linens, candles, and silver plate cutlery service to dine in style. Two (2) place settings for 8 of fine china and many fine serving pieces as well....moreless
- Ice Maker
The kitchen also includes a well stocked pantry with spices and condiments to make almost any meal go from the mundane to extraordinary. Granite countertops, new custom Thomasville cabinets...moreless
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $312
- Tax Rate 15%
Our rates are always the same: $285.00 per night with a 2 night minimum stay. STAY 3 NIGHTS AND GET THE FOURTH NIGHT FREE!!! There is a separate deposit ($312.00, of which $300.00 is refundable - the other $12 goes for toward credit card fees).
Three (3) night minimum stay on Holiday weekends.
If you stay 30 or more days, you will not be charged the 15% Hotel Tax mandated by the City of Galveston or the State of Texas.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
We are situated in the middle of the charming East End National Historic District and placed on one of the most architecturally significant and visually pleasing streets in Galveston. Ball Street is often visited by horse-drawn carriages whose tours are conducted by local guides. The house is tastefully landscaped with a back deck that is surrounded by a fountain and gardens. The house has over 1,800 sq. ft. and includes 2 full bedrooms, a TV/sitting room (in which the sofa converts to a queen size bed), 2 full baths, a living room, dining room and kitchen.
The house was made for entertaining and comes with a fully stocked kitchen and everything any chef would require for preparing and serving a beautiful meal.
The back porch is a treasure, inviting you to spend many peaceful moments sipping libations and listening to the sound of the water in the fountain. If you love the beach, island magic, beautiful historical homes, long walks and sultry evenings, you will love staying here.
Other Activities: Viewing the Broadway Beauties - Bishop’s Palace, Ashton Villa and Moody Mansion, the BEACH, fabulous antique shopping, nature walks, museums to suit every interest, the Opera House and events, The Strand, Pier 21, world class dining, Captain Jack's Bar, Historic Sailing Ship Elissa, Moody Gardens, Schlitterbahn, bird watching, nature trails, dolphin ferry, Galveston HAS IT ALL!!! We have a book about the house and the neighborhood that includes a guide to favorite shops, restaurants, attractions, walking tours and beaches with directions and recommendations. The East End is absolutely charming and you will love to walk in the evenings and mornings to look at all the wonderful historic homes in our neighborhood. It's positively magical!
Golf: All of Galveston proudly announced a 7million dollar renovation to one of the most beautiful public courses in Texas, The Moody Municipal Golf Course. Open to all so make your reservations early!
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: We absolutely adore our Victorian home and we spend significant amounts of our time here. We vacationed in Galveston for many years prior to buying the home in 2006, and bought it because it represents our vision of historic Galveston. We never get tired of having our family reunions there and many other families and wedding parties seek us out for the same reason.
Why the Owner Chose East End Historic District, Galveston, TX, USA:
If you love the beach, island magic, beautiful historical homes, long walks, long walks, and sultry evenings, you will love visiting Galveston and love staying at the house. Galveston is the perfect sized town, easy to get around, so much to do, and yet so relaxing. Your eyes never get tired of taking in the historic sites and beautiful homes. Our home is right in the center of it all - 5 minutes to downtown, 3 minutes to the beach, restaurants and shops just around the corner. We can walk almost anywhere.
- Primary: Cell: (512) 217-1994 Call 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Secondary: +1 5124155525 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Fax: +1 4094974925 Anytime
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome to the Galveston Victorian House, your home away from home!
The Great Room is comfortable and large
The TV Room, Den and 3rd Bedroom with a comfortable queen size sleeper sofa
The heart of the house. Your bright and sunny kitchen.
The upstairs hallway
Ready for cocktails, reading, loving your life in the East End
Our backyard fountain will give you peace of mind
The Side path to the front
Summertime at the Galveston Victorian House
Directly across the street from us.
Your entrance is inviting
The fireplace mantel, decorated for Mardi Gras
An afternoon tea in the Springtime
Hall way to kitchen
Bedroom No. 1 is comfortable beyond thought
The Red Bedroom is a cozy delight
Our sanctuary ~ and the view hasn't changed for about 140 years!
Ready for Mardi Gras
You are only 8 short historical block away!
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Saturday, March 18, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.