About the property
- Chateau / Country House2690 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay7 - 14 nights
Luxurious, large property near Les Eyzies/Sarlat, close to all local amenties
Chestnut Cottage is a beautifully renovated 300 year old stone farmhouse near Les Eyzies:-
• set in the middle of 50 acres of totally unspoilt meadows, woods, lake and stream
• luxurious, comfortable and spacious accommodation
• a magnificent 14 x 7 metre, chlorine-free, heated pool and an activities complex
• wonderful peace and tranquillity, yet in the heart of the Dordogne very close to all the main tourist sites, Chateaux, rivers and market towns
• easily accessible from the region’s three airports, train stations and auto-routes
• shops, restaurants, supermarkets and daily street markets 5-15 minutes away
• available all year round, with full central heating and log fires
• sleeping up to 8 people in four double and twin bedrooms
(+2 more, by prior arrangement)
Chestnut Cottage has:-
• A very large, elegant living room (sejour) with exposed stone walls, terracotta tiled floors and a wood-burning fireplace
•A luxury, very-spacious, fully equipped farmhouse kitchen with large dining area, including fridge/freezer; double oven; ceramic hob; microwave; dishwasher and use of washing machine. The hand-painted ceramic tiled floor has under-floor central heating
• Four lovely chestnut-beamed double and twin bedrooms (one with a stunning roof terrace overlooking the pool), all with chestnut parquet flooring and views either to the pool, lake, or gardens.
• Two luxury bathrooms and two toilets
• Satellite TV/ DVD/VIDEO/CD Stereo
. A 1000+ eclectic book library
. Terraces with electric shade awnings, garden and outdorr dining furniture and barbecue, all looking out towards the pool
• Secluded gardens by the stream
• Ample parking
At the Pool and Summer House there are a host of sports facilities including,Table-tennis, Badminton, Boules,Darts and more.
Additional Facilities and Services are available on Request
For your Arrival
• A pre-arrival shop
We do a shop for your first evening / following day essential foods and cleaning materials as requested so that they are already in Chestnut Cottage when you arrive.
• Cot and high chair for hire
• Swimming and Diving lessons - Harris is a fully qualified BSAC registered instructor
• Catered Meal preparation based on a per person basis
and depending on Menu Activities
• Cleaning services: mid and end of stay House cleaing services
Services are charged on an hourly and/or per-person basis.
We invite to you enquire if any of the additional services are of interest to you.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- english, french
- Calendar last updated:
- Mar 13, 2018
About Harris Raphael
Owned by an English Family now living and working in the Dordogne, we fell in love with the unique charm of Domaine Le Ruisseau when looking for our little bit of heaven in Southern France.
Harris Raphael purchased this Chateau / Country House in 2002
Why Harris Raphael chose Fleurac
Domaine Le Ruisseau, set in a magnificent 50 acre private estate, is one of the most beautiful and tranquil locations you could imagine, yet very close to local amenities and all the area's main attractions. It is a perfect place to relax, a real 'swallows and Amazons' paradise for children....and a haven for their parents and grandparents! The wonderful 14x7M heated, chlorine Free swimming pool and activities complex is a focal point of summer activities, and in the autumn winter period Chestnut Cottage is a cosy property with wood burning fires and central heating
What makes this Chateau / Country House unique
Some three years after we had undertaken major restoration and renovation work fully sympathetic with the local style, using traditional materials and techniques, Domaine Le Ruisseau was recognised as one of the most beautiful properties in the Dordogne in a visitor survey. Chesntut Cottage has the special charm of being set in the heart of such a magnificent private estate surrounded by woods, stream, boating lake, and gardens, and yet being close to all local amenities and activities. The 300yr old spacious and warm property is made entirely from stone, wood and materials from the estate itself and other local sources.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Chestnut cottage is fantastic! The house and grounds are stunning. Harris and Victoria are very welcoming which enables you to feel relaxed from the moment you arrive. We travelled as 2 families of 4 (4 adults , 4 children) and the house has more than enough space and is superbly equipped. The pool is exceptional and if you can tear yourself away there are countless day trips to enjoy - we would certainly recommend kayaking on the Vezere and a trip to the caves! We all had a brilliant time and would be delighted to go back as there is so much to see and do.
Hello James - We are so pleased that your family and friends had such a great two weeks at Chestnut Cottage and we hope that you choose to return at some poiont in the future. Your lovely comments are very much appreciated - Harris and Victoria
Great house in quiet rural setting
The property is very comfortable - exceptionally well maintained. Everything worked! The pool is superb and there is loads of outdoor space. The setting is off the beaten track and nice and quiet. The owners' accommodation is adjoining but not overlooking and we had exclusive use of the pool and surrounding grassy areas.
The owners were very helpful during our stay providing local information.
Dear Richard and family,
Thank you very much for your lovely review. Victoria and I are so pleased that you had such an enjoyable time at Le Ruisseau and we would be delighted to welcome you back to this little corner of paradise!
Harris and Victoria
This estate went beyond our expectations. It was absolutely beautiful and a perfect spot to see all the region has to offer (the prehistoric caves, charming, historic small towns nearby and Bordeaux and St Emilion a mere two hours away) or just stay around the property and take in the beauty of the grounds with a rejuvenating swim in the pool. We loved making meals in the spacious kitchen and sitting inside or out watching and listening to nature. The accommodations were clean and comfortable and we wanted for nothing. And most of all we loved our hosts who helped guide us through our week in the Dorgdogne region and were helpful, charming and a lot of fun. We will return.
Many thanks Sue for your lovely comments. We were delighted that your two families were able to relax and enjoy the delights of Chestnut Cottage and the region. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Harris and Victoria
Beautiful stone cottage in the Dordogne region
The property is even more wonderful than in the photo's and video, the surrounding grounds are well maintained with beautiful flowers and an herb garden. Because of the thick stone walls, the cottage was cool inside even though the temperatures soared outside. Victoria and Harris were very welcoming, they answered all our questions and gave us great ideas for restaurants and sightseeing. We enjoyed every minute of our stay at Chestnut Cottage.
Thank you for a such a lovely review. We are delighted that your stay at Chestnut Cottage was so pleasurable and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Harris and Victoria
Beautiful farmhouse in heavenly surroundings
Chestnut Cottage is a five star holiday home set in the most beautiful, tranquil gardens with the bonus of a fabulous pool to relax in.
The house has everything needed to make your stay stress free, including really comfortable beds!
Genuinely lovely, charming owners on hand should any questions arise and with sound knowledge of the area.
We left Chestnut Cottage feeling happier, healthier and more relaxed than we had for a very long time...,wish we'd booked for longer, we'll be back!
Thank you for your glowing review. We are so pleased your family had such a lovely holiday and we hope to welcome you back to Chestnut Cottage soon.
Harris and Victoria
Lovely hidden Gem
I would definitely recommend this place and its owners. We arrived as a family of 12 and were greeted well with some treats to see us by for our first night/morning.
The place is well sized and the grounds are perfect for kids to venture. The real selling point is the Pool and summer house facilities. These were great for both adults and kids to use. The place would benefit from some updating in places but all in all it was a fantastic stay. Ashley/Alexandra/Penelope.
Thanks for your great 5* review and for booking for next year !
Chestnut Cottage is set in the “Périgord Noir”, the heart of the Dordogne, with easy access to the region’s chateaux, rivers and market towns.
The house is five minutes from the town of Les Eyzies, a major site of prehistory, two minutes to the nearest restaurant, and five minutes to a bakery, pharmacy, shops and a small supermarket.
Within 15 minutes are the towns of Le Bugue and St-Cyprien, with large supermarkets and a range of other facilities.
This is an ideal spot for anyone who enjoys exploring. From the house, one can enjoy miles of walks through forests and countryside, by rivers, lakes and medieval villages.
Among the sports available locally are golf, canoeing, tennis, mountain biking, horse riding, fishing, hot air ballooning, and climbing.
• Eating – The Périgord is one of France’s true gastronomic delights……Foie Gras; Walnut salad; Magret de Canard (duck); Truffles; Smoked Salamis. Cêpes……
• Wines – with numerous Chateaux and Caves, the local Bergerac, Pecharmant, Saussignac and Monbazillac wine estates are quite wonderful.
• Walking – From Domaine Le Ruisseau, you can explore countless miles of stunning walks through unspoilt forests and countryside, by rivers, lakes and medieval bastide and hillside villages.
• Sports - golf, canoeing, tennis, mountain biking, horse riding, fishing, hot air ballooning, micro-lighting, paragliding, climbing – it’s all here.
• Culture - Chateaux, Bastide towns, antiques fairs, music festivals and much more. Beynac, Castelnaud, Les Milandes, Puymartin, Losse… ; picture-book stone villages including La Roque-Gageac, Domme, Brantôme, St Leon sur Vézère, Cadouin, Monpazier …
• Sarlat is a must see – an ancient and magnificently restored medieval town.
• Visit the Department of the Lot Lot with its famous villages of St Cirq Lapopie, Rocamadour and Puy l'Evêque.
• Pre-History - the cro-magnon man region is the cradle of pre-historic sites in Europe with its incredible caves and cave paintings. Lascaux (a world heritage site), Font du Gaume, Rocamadour, Gouffre de Proumessac are all only 10-60 mins away.
• Exploring -the Bordeaux region, St Emelion, Limoges, Toulouse, and many other attractions are only 1-2hrs away. Spain and the Pyrenees are less than 4hrs away.
• Shopping –beautiful, vibrant street market s and specialist fairs happening every day of the week.
• Chilling-out !!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
The booked week runs from 4:30 pm on the first Saturday of your stay (no prior arrivals) to 09.30 am on the last Saturday of your stay (no later departure). One full set of LINENS is provided per bed, plus one set of TOWELS per person (not to be used as pool towels). Pools towels are available for hire on request. Discounted longer terms rentals outside of high season are available. Do enquire.