Beautiful 18thc Farmhouse with Heated Pool in Private 50 Acre Estate
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:Chateau / Country House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Chestnut Cottage is a beautifully renovated 300 year old stone farmhouse near Les Eyzies:-
• set in the middle of 50 acres of totally unspoilt meadows, woods, lake and stream
• luxurious, comfortable and spacious accommodation
• a magnificent 14 x 7 metre, chlorine-free, heated pool and an activities complex
• wonderful peace and tranquillity, yet in the heart of the Dordogne very close to all the main tourist sites, Chateaux, rivers and market towns
• easily accessible from the region’s three airports, train stations and auto-routes
• shops, restaurants, supermarkets and daily street markets 5-15 minutes away
• available all year round, with full central heating and log fires
• sleeping up to 8 people in four double and twin bedrooms
(+2 more, by prior arrangement)
Chestnut Cottage has:-
• A very large, elegant living room (sejour) with exposed stone walls, terracotta tiled floors and a wood-burning fireplace
•A luxury, very-spacious, fully equipped farmhouse kitchen with large dining area, including fridge/freezer; double oven; ceramic hob; microwave; dishwasher and use of washing machine. The hand-painted ceramic tiled floor has under-floor central heating
• Four lovely chestnut-beamed double and twin bedrooms (one with a stunning roof terrace overlooking the pool), all with chestnut parquet flooring and views either to the pool, lake, or gardens.
• Two luxury bathrooms and two toilets
• Satellite TV/ DVD/VIDEO/CD Stereo
. A 1000+ eclectic book library
. Terraces with electric shade awnings, garden and outdorr dining furniture and barbecue, all looking out towards the pool
• Secluded gardens by the stream
• Ample parking
At the Pool and Summer House there are a host of sports facilities including,Table-tennis, Badminton, Boules,Darts and more.
Additional Facilities and Services are available on Request
For your Arrival
• A pre-arrival shop
We do a shop for your first evening / following day essential foods and cleaning materials as requested so that they are already in Chestnut Cottage when you arrive.
• Cot and high chair for hire
• Swimming and Diving lessons - Harris is a fully qualified BSAC registered instructor
• Catered Meal preparation based on a per person basis
and depending on Menu Activities
• Cleaning services: mid and end of stay House cleaing services
Services are charged on an hourly and/or per-person basis.
We invite to you enquire if any of the additional services are of interest to you.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- Chateau / Country House
- 250 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Catering Available
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Housekeeper Optional
- Private Chef
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- All bedrooms are of good size as are the beds themselves. A separate ensuite double bedroom suite is available for two extra guests if required (making a maximum of 10 guests) by arrangement on request. Pro-rata additional charge. Please enquire. The master suite has a very large terrace overlooking the swimming pool and lower meadows. All bedrooms look out over either the pool area, herb gardens or boating ponds. All bedrooms have chestnut flooring and exposed oak beamed ceilings....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Music Library
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 12 people
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 1 - Dec 23, 2016
7 night min stay
Dec 24 - Jan 6, 2017
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $453.33
- No additional mandatory fees
- Taxes Not included
The booked week runs from 4:30 pm on the first Saturday of your stay (no prior arrivals) to 09.30 am on the last Saturday of your stay (no later departure).
One full set of LINENS is provided per bed, plus one set of TOWELS per person (not to be used as pool towels). Pools towels are available for hire on request.
Discounted longer terms rentals outside of high season are available. Do enquire.
A non-refundable deposit of 25% is required on reservation. The balance is due 14 WEEKS BEFORE ARRIVAL. Bookings made within 16 weeks of the rental period must be paid IN FULL.
€425 security deposit payable with the rental balance. Any damages and additional services charges are due when incurred.
Reservations only taken by completion of our booking form. Cancellations only by registered post.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 2 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Chestnut Cottage is set in the “Périgord Noir”, the heart of the Dordogne, with easy access to the region’s chateaux, rivers and market towns.
The house is five minutes from the town of Les Eyzies, a major site of prehistory, two minutes to the nearest restaurant, and five minutes to a bakery, pharmacy, shops and a small supermarket.
Within 15 minutes are the towns of Le Bugue and St-Cyprien, with large supermarkets and a range of other facilities.
This is an ideal spot for anyone who enjoys exploring. From the house, one can enjoy miles of walks through forests and countryside, by rivers, lakes and medieval villages.
Among the sports available locally are golf, canoeing, tennis, mountain biking, horse riding, fishing, hot air ballooning, and climbing.
• Eating – The Périgord is one of France’s true gastronomic delights……Foie Gras; Walnut salad; Magret de Canard (duck); Truffles; Smoked Salamis. Cêpes……
• Wines – with numerous Chateaux and Caves, the local Bergerac, Pecharmant, Saussignac and Monbazillac wine estates are quite wonderful.
• Walking – From Domaine Le Ruisseau, you can explore countless miles of stunning walks through unspoilt forests and countryside, by rivers, lakes and medieval bastide and hillside villages.
• Sports - golf, canoeing, tennis, mountain biking, horse riding, fishing, hot air ballooning, micro-lighting, paragliding, climbing – it’s all here.
• Culture - Chateaux, Bastide towns, antiques fairs, music festivals and much more. Beynac, Castelnaud, Les Milandes, Puymartin, Losse… ; picture-book stone villages including La Roque-Gageac, Domme, Brantôme, St Leon sur Vézère, Cadouin, Monpazier …
• Sarlat is a must see – an ancient and magnificently restored medieval town.
• Visit the Department of the Lot Lot with its famous villages of St Cirq Lapopie, Rocamadour and Puy l'Evêque.
• Pre-History - the cro-magnon man region is the cradle of pre-historic sites in Europe with its incredible caves and cave paintings. Lascaux (a world heritage site), Font du Gaume, Rocamadour, Gouffre de Proumessac are all only 10-60 mins away.
• Exploring -the Bordeaux region, St Emelion, Limoges, Toulouse, and many other attractions are only 1-2hrs away. Spain and the Pyrenees are less than 4hrs away.
• Shopping –beautiful, vibrant street market s and specialist fairs happening every day of the week.
• Chilling-out !!
Year Purchased: 2002
About the owner: Owned by an English Family now living and working in the Dordogne, we fell in love with the unique charm of Domaine Le Ruisseau when looking for our little bit of heaven in Southern France.
Why the Owner Chose Fleurac, France:
Domaine Le Ruisseau, set in a magnificent 50 acre private estate, is one of the most beautiful and tranquil locations you could imagine, yet very close to local amenities and all the area's main attractions. It is a perfect place to relax, a real 'swallows and Amazons' paradise for children....and a haven for their parents and grandparents! The wonderful 14x7M heated, chlorine Free swimming pool and activities complex is a focal point of summer activities, and in the autumn winter period Chestnut Cottage is a cosy property with wood burning fires and central heating
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
Some three years after we had undertaken major restoration and renovation work fully sympathetic with the local style, using traditional materials and techniques, Domaine Le Ruisseau was recognised as one of the most beautiful properties in the Dordogne in a visitor survey. Chesntut Cottage has the special charm of being set in the heart of such a magnificent private estate surrounded by woods, stream, boating lake, and gardens, and yet being close to all local amenities and activities. The 300yr old spacious and warm property is made entirely from stone, wood and materials from the estate itself and other local sources.
- Primary: +33 553063670 Leave a message if not in - we'll call you back
- Secondary: +33 (0)676 737359 mobile - but please try the fixed line first
Links to more information:
Terrace by kitchen and master suite terrace above
The Kitchen - a cook's dream
Boating on the little lake
Hammock time in the shade by the stream
Summer flowers by the boating pond
Herb garden in bloom
trampoline in the meadow by the stream
Deer in the meadows - a frequent sight
Le Ruisseau entrance on our one day of snow a year
Heated, Chlorine-free pool and actvities complex
Pool complex in early April
very large Lounge with masses of books
One of the upper fields in spring
Across the lilly pond towards the vegatable garden
lower meadows in March
The sky at 21.30 one evening in Sptember
Sorbet in the stream
Towards the pool complex from the upper meadows
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees