WORLD CLASS TROUT FISHING IN THE MAJESTIC WHITE RIVER!
This Historic property started its life after the turn of the Century as a 2 room boarding house and stable around 1910. We have been told that over the last 100 years it was added on to by different owners about 4 times.
After our purchase in October 2016 we began by gutting and rebuilding from the inside out but kept floor plan, with no additions. The original floors were kept where ever possible and they were refinished by a local craftsman. We asked him to please leave all the bumps, scrapes, bruises and variety of colors intact. Just love all that history under our feet.
The home is about 1100 sq. ft. under roof. We removed the 3rd bedroom and transformed it into a master bath and extended the living room space. Yes that’s right we have 2 bathrooms!
We opened our doors May 2017, so please contact us to book your stay and enjoy all
that the Twin Lakes area can offer!
Besides the Majestic World Class Trout fishing White River...yes we love it a lot.... :) We also have
Lake Bull Shoals, Lake Norfork, the Buffalo River and the North Fork River. Our area is rich with fresh clean water. We have fast food restaurants, sit down dining, fine dining, antique stores galore, 5 grocery chains, 2 Super Walmart's, 2 movie theaters, entertainment for children and families activities, and a whole lot more.
We are located in the town of Cotter which is the North Central part of Arkansas in the Ozarks Mountains just about 15 miles south of the Missouri State line. Cotter has a rich history that I will be adding for you history buffs on our new web site for Our Cotter Cabin but unfortunately I cannot share that link with you on this site, but we are confident you will be able to find it on your own. :)
* Guest coded entry. No key needed you will pick your code and we will program it for you before
* Wireless high speed internet.
* Sudden link Cable TV.
* 46" flat screen in the living room.
* Alcove off living room features a queen sized sleeper sofa.
An original desk and chair to use for tying fly's or bring your lap top.
* 2 private bedrooms both with queen sized beds, flat screen TVs, linens are provided. There is
closet space and ceiling fans w/lights. Bed side electric outlets have 2 charging ports for your
phone/computer/pads to recharge. (bring a cord)
* The Master is totally En'suite' with completely new private bath and big walk in shower. Also a
wall safe for any valuables you don't wish to take with you while fishing. You set your own code
when you arrive.
* The main bath also is completely new and has a shower/tub combo, large vanity and sink.
* Each bath has a 3 day supply of towels @ for 2 adults from wash cloths to floor towels & big
bath towels, hair dryer (Master has a travel iron).
* Kitchen is fully equipped with new appliances and granite counter tops. Side by side
Refrigerator w/ice & water dispenser, gas range, microwave and dishwasher.
* You will find dishes, bowls, serving bowls, coffee cups, drink cups, silverware, pots and pans
and a whole drawer full of cooking utensils. Also paper plates etc. are there for your use along
with some odds and ends like cooking spices, sugar & dry creamer. We also supply a Keurig
coffee maker, nice selection of coffees, tea bags, that you may want to enjoy during your visit.
There is a 4 slice toaster and a regular Mr. Coffee maker if you want to bring your special grind
* Our home is handicap friendly. Designed with wide hallway and doorways, assist bars in
bathrooms, easy offloading of chairs and equipment to our drive up concrete patio in rear of
home. Master shower will accommodate your shower chair if you wish to bring one. We offer
these assists to our guests needing a little more help. We are not however not advertising that
our home is ADA compliant. Please notify us prior to your arrival if you will need any further
help to enjoy your stay.
* Spacious covered old fashioned front porch with lots of room to relax. 2 built in benches and 4
cushioned chairs, 2 outdoor electric outlets.
* In rear of home find a large L-shaped concrete patio with picnic table, some folding chairs, gas
grill, fire pit w/grate to cook over an open fire cowboy style.
* Traveling with your RV or Motor Home? We have a long off street gravel driveway for your use.
A place to park your fishing boats or RV off the street. We offer one full hook up, 50 amp
electric, sewer and water. Additional guests staying in your RV will be charged a day fee. Best
to contact us in advance and discuss it as it must be prearranged.
* This is a totally non smoking home. We do provide butt cans outside the home. Do not smoke
near open doors or windows as our future guests will want to enjoy a smoke free home.
* Pets. Gosh we love pets and have a crew of them ourselves. Please contact us if you wish to
bring a pet with you. Some pets are not allowed within the city limits. We will not be fined
If your pet is approved by us, there is a $50.00 non refundable deposit. Limit 2 approved pets.
Pets must be non shedding breed, kenneled/crated in the home in your absence.
(you provide the crate). No pets are allowed on the furniture or bedding. Dogs must be walked
outside on a leash. Never tie your animal up to a tree, piece of furniture or on the porch.
* Certified Service Animals are welcome in our home. Contact us for more information
if you have a valid registration for your service animal. ADA REGULATIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
* Beginning on March 15, 2011, only dogs are recognized as service animals under titles II and III of the ADA.
*A service animal is a dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability.
*Generally, title II and title III entities must permit service animals to accompany people with disabilities in all
areas where members of the public are allowed to go.
* Guests of Guests. If you have booked a stay for 6 adults no other persons, friends
or family may remain on the premises over night. The house capacity is 6 adults.
* Children 12 and over are considered an adult. 4 adults and 2 children are 6 adults
Contact me if you have questions.
This is a vacation property and cannot be booked for a party or gathering
place for friends or family. Sorry no wedding parties, graduations or family reunions.
There is a nice hotel nearby and we will be happy to refer you to them.
*If you have any questions the best policy is to ask us first. Thanks Bob and Linda