Superb Villa; Idyllic Location; Great Facilities (Pool, Wi-Fi, Aircon & More)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Casa Maurana sits on a quiet lane in amongst the olive & citrus groves just outside the charming Valencian village of Parcent. The lane is home to 8 other properties (with a mixture of Spanish, British, Dutch & German owners), so you can access all the benefits of having a small number of neighbours, but none of the inconveniences of either remoteness or overcrowding.
Importantly, the property benefits from both air conditioning and an oil-fired central heating system, meaning it is ideal for all-season occupancy. Wifi internet access is available throughout the house (with the exception of Bedroom 3).
Set on a plot of 2260 square metres, the single-storey house has a floor area of 162 square metres and comprises:
- fully equipped kitchen with 5-ring gas hob, fan-assisted oven, microwave oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, plentiful cupboard storage & work surfaces. You have spectacular mountain views, even from the kitchen sink!
- open-plan lounge & dining room, with two large sofas, a wide-screen TV, 'living flame' gas fire, large coffee table and 6-seater dining table. Three windows (including a 180-degree 'wraparound' picture window, offer wonderful views in several directions and flood the rooms with daylight. The lounge / dining-room has two radiators, an air-conditioning unit & overhead ceiling fan.
- Bedroom 1 is a well-proportioned double/twin room with views over the front garden & olive groves, a large built-in wardrobe, chest of drawers, two bedside tables, radiator, air-conditioning unit & overhead ceiling fan.
- Bedroom 2 is another comfortable double/twin room, also with built-in wardrobe, bedside table, radiator and air-conditioning. Views to the village of Parcent.
- these two bedrooms share a well-appointed family bathroom (bath, shower, WC, handbasin, extensive storage & heated towel-rail) and a second, separate WC.
- a small entry hallway leads off onto the large, delightful covered terrace ('naya' in Spanish). The terrace is part-enclosed (to offer protection from the breeze on windier days) and is spacious enough to accommodate two further sofas, a coffee table and another 6-seater dining table. In Summer, this really is the heart of the house. Two ceiling fans help keep things pleasantly cool in the hotter Summer months and a doorway at the far end of the terrace leads to Bedroom 3:
- Bedroom 3 offers guests a little extra privacy & independence, being 'semi-detached' from the main body of the house. This largest double/twin room features views in three directions and its own double patio-doors leading out into the rear garden. It benefits from a generously-proportioned en-suite shower room with large walk-in shower, WC and hand-basin. Storage comprises a standalone wardrobe and large chest of drawers. Radiator & overhead ceiling fan help regulate the room temperature.
At the front of the house there is off-street parking for 3-4 vehicles.
To the front and rear of the property are beautifully landscaped, mature gardens. Sympathetic planting & pruning affords privacy, colour and some delightful fragrances.
The 8m x 4m swimming pool (with 'Roman' steps for easy access) is the main feature of the rear garden and families with younger children will be pleased be easily able to keep an eye on 'junior swimmers' from a sunny spot on the surrounding terrace or from the comfort of the shade on the naya.
Also in the rear garden are a well-equipped, shady 'outdoor kitchen' (4-ring gas hob and barbecue) and a handily-sized 'utility' room which houses the swimming pool pumping mechanisms, two additional fridge-freezers, a washing machine & tumble drier.
The village of Parcent offers a good range of facilities including three cafes/bars, a pub, six restaurants, two small supermarkets and a bakery.
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- 162 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Sleeping arrangements are as 3 x double/twin bedrooms. A child's cot can be provided in addition if required and will fit comfortably into Bedroom 3. Please notify us at the time of booking if the cot is required....moreless
You need to climb 4 steps to reach the house from the parking area & then another 2 steps to get to the front door. Access into Bedroom 3 involves descending 3 steps from the level of the rest of the property....moreless
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 6-7
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- There is also an outdoor shower adjacent to the pool area.
- DVD Player
- Sports & Activities
- Autumn Foliage
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio:
Pool / Spa
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Late Summer 2016
Sep 10 - Oct 8, 2016
5 night min stay
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- OfflineRDD $389.30
- No additional mandatory fees
- Taxes Not included
A non-refundable booking deposit equivalent to 25% of the rental price is required in order to secure a booking.
The residual balance of the rental price is payable no later than 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. In the event that the balance is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to treat the booking as having been cancelled by the Renter & to re-advertise.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 4 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Located in the beautiful Jalon Valley (also known as the Vall de Pop), Parcent is perfectly situated for access to the sea, the mountains or for a wonderful taste of 'real Spain'.
The popular coastal resorts, beaches and marinas of Calpe, Moraira, Javea & Denia are all just 12-15 miles to the East. Inland to the West are the rugged and dramatic peaks & ridges of the Sierra del Carrascal, Sierra de Alfaro and Sierra de Aitana mountains.
To the South lie the magnificent remains of the Castell de Guadelest, the family-friendly theme park at Terra Mitica and the Safari Aitana 'big game reserve'.
Outdoor enthusiasts will love the mix of superb walking/hiking trails, water sports & paragliding opportunities.
Road cyclists will revel in the superb road surfaces, low traffic volumes and testing climbs much favoured by pro teams as their Winter Training Camp venues. And mountain bikers will be spoilt for choice with the hundreds of kilometres of way marked trails, challenging single track and spectacular descents.
Throughout the Jalon Valley and further inland you'll find dozens of small towns and villages littered with local interests and things to do. Whether it's wine-tasting at the village bodega (wine merchant), tasting the local delicacies (the paella is particularly good), exploring historical buildings or making use of the leisure facilities, you'll find plenty to keep you busy.
In Fiesta season (mostly August, but there are also events in January, June & October) you can join in the fabulous celebrations in which local towns & villages celebrate their heritage, military victories, religious dates, harvest time - or just about anything else worth celebrating!
On the days you prefer to just take things easy, then Casa Maurana offers an idyllic home-from-home. Situated on a private lane amidst olive & citrus groves in the fertile valley area (known as the 'campo') a little way away from the village centre, you can slow things down, relax and just soak up the peace & quiet.
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We're Brits who've lived outside of the UK now since 2006. After numerous years of 'corporate life' we 'made the break' and took over the running of an 'active' holidays business in 2008. Having bought Casa Maurana in 2012 it is now our Winter 'getaway' and in the Summer months we're 'at work', which finds us based primarily in France and Italy.
Why the Owner Chose Parcent, Alicante, Spain:
Location, location, location. As 'active folks' ourselves, we'd dreamt of having the chance to live somewhere with a warm-Summer / mild-Winter climate, but specifically in a spot where we'd have great access to both the mountains and to the sea. We didn't want to be too remote & nor did we want the congestion of a true coastal resort. So, the 'with-our-heads' part of the search led us to the Jalon Valley and then the 'with-our-hearts' element was captivated by Casa Maurana. It is only an 800-yard walk away from the village shops, bars, cafes & restaurants and yet it offers peaceful seclusion, beautiful views and easy access to all those 'outdoorsy' things we wanted to be able to enjoy. We love it!
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
The Location. Wonderful places to go, sights to see and things to do in every direction. Year-round 'liveability' - with air-conditioning to help during the Summer heat and central heating creating a super-cosy 'retreat' in the cooler Winter months. TV property programmes & estate agents chunter on about 'bringing the outdoors inside'. When we first saw the 'naya' (covered terrace) at Casa Maurana, we finally understood the real potential of what that means.
- Primary: +34 (0) 966 405 052 Landline
- Secondary: +33 (0) 671 124 752 Mobile phone
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Great mountain views from the pool area
The pool and back garden
The open, airy lounge
Bedroom 3 - the largest & with en-suite
Modern and bright family bathroom (Bath & shower)
Bedroom 2 - twin with good-sized wardrobe
Shaded gazebo - a lovely spot for a quiet drink
Plentiful storage & work surfaces in the kitchen
Indoor dining area for cooler days
Almond blossom season (Feb/Mch) around Parcent
Stunning beaches within a 30-minute drive
Bradley Wiggins, Chris Froome & other Team Sky riders pictured in Parcent.
Looking across the pool to the Naya
Approaching the front of Casa Maurana
Bedroom 3 (en-suite double)
En-suite to Bedroom 3
Bedroom 1 - double/twin with large wardrobe
Outdoor dining with a view
5-ring gas hob & good sized oven
Eat, drink & relax on the covered terrace
The garden has olive, lemon, lime & fig trees
Wonderful mountain scenery & activities
Fun for all the family at Terra Mitica theme park
Sunset over the nearby sierras
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
- Property typeVilla
Request to book
- Response time Within 24 hours
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 05/10/2016
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Travel with peace of mind.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.