Gorgeous Lakefront Cabin W/ Pedal Boat in Private Cove+High-Speed Wi-Fi(11 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Cabin, 4 Bedrooms + Other (See Description), 3 Baths, (Sleeps 12+)
Awaken to a fantastic view of blue sky, magificent southern white pines, and the still waters of Norris Lake. Savor a cup of coffee on the upper deck in the morning while being entertained by the birds and squirrels in the tree canopy. Fish for striped bass off of your private floating dock. Pile the crew into your boat and explore some of Norris Lake's 34,000 acres. Carve it up on glass-like water conditions almost any weekday. Splash and play with the kids in the clean emerald green water right off your private dock in this secluded deep water bay.
Leave the truck in the driveway as you rustle up a home-cooked meal in the fully-equipped kitchen, on the full-size SS gas grill, or even over the fire at the firepit, then eat together as a family. Take the kids on an exciting adventure down the well-maintained trail to explore 'Bear Cave'. Enjoy an evening card game with friends on the beautiful, well-lit, screened-in porch. Recap the day's events in the evening on the paver style patio surrounding the brick-firepit.
You will find this is one of the most enjoyable, stress-free vacations you have ever had. We love our little slice of paradise. We are happy to share it with you, and we thank you for treating it with care.
If using credit card to reserve, full amount of rent including taxes and security deposit is collected at time of reservation. The deposit will be refunded after your stay.
If pay by check, reservation is held with $500 deposit for any length of stay. This deposit will become your security deposit and is refunded after your stay after property inspection. Balance of rent is due 30 days prior to check-in.
Lockbox code for key and directions will be e-mailed 1 month before rental (rent is paid in full and written acceptance of rental agreement has been received).
Cancellations must be received 30 days prior to check-in date for a full refund. Cancellation fee is $500 within 30 days of check-in date.
Description of Property Lay-out
* Large, open, loft-style bedroom with beautiful exposed beam cathedral ceiling and fantastic view through large picture window of lake and trees. Bedroom #1 is furnished with a king-size bed, dresser, night-stands, ceiling fan, alarm clock, and table lamp. There is a small, easily blocked-off kid's play-closet on this level which is perfect for young ones who still want to sleep close to mom and dad.
* The full kitchen has a dishwasher, electric oven with smooth-top range, large microwave, can opener, coffee maker, large side-by-side fridge with ice-maker, all utensils, dishware, cookware, many dry food staples, etc.
* There is a desk area in the kitchen with a phone and files of nearby attractions for your reference and use.
* The dining area has a large oval kitchen table and 6 chairs.
* The family room has a newer leather couch, futon, chair, 50' LCD TV with satellite, DVD, movie library, books and magazines.
* A private bedroom #2 with queen-sized bed, dresser and night stand.
* A full bathroom with corner shower and linen closet.
* This level opens to the screened-in porch with seating and tables for eight, as well as lakeside upper deck with a kid-size picnic table, more table and chairs, lounge chairs, and full-size stainless steel gas grill.
* Bedroom #3 is a private bedroom with a bunk bed (double on bottom, single on top) and dresser.
* Full-size laundry room with washer and dryer.
* One full bathroom for bedroom #3 with a tub shower.
* Open kid's bunkroom (bedroom #4) with two bunk beds (doubles on bottom and twins on top). 32"' TV with DVD player and VCR only (no cable or Direct TV on this TV).
* Another full bathroom for bedroom #4 with a shower.
* This level opens to lakeside lower deck, which connects to paver path to firepit, steps to dock, and driveway.
Keywords: Log Cabin
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2006
- 1360 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 16
- Children Welcome:
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, Beds for 13-16
- King size beds (1) King bed in upstairs loft, Queen size Beds (1) Queen bed in main level bedroom, Double Beds (3), Twin or Single Beds (3), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Futon in family room converts to double bed, Bunk Beds (3). The bunk room contains two bunk beds with doubles on bottom and twins on top. The lower BR has a bunk with a double on the bottom and a twin on the top....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- 2 bathrooms have shower, one bathroom has shower/tub
- 1 acre secluded wooded lot with large patio/firepit, tire swing and small cave tucked into the hillside. The nearest neighbors on either side are several hundred feet away, making it a very secluded, private area. Short wooden staircase (we think 86 steps) to your private floating dock. Dock has spots with padding for two 27' long boats, plus an 8' x 26' floating patio. A pedal boat that seats five with life jackets is available for your use. There is a water slide off the dock into the lake the kids will love. Cabin is located in a bay behind Sugar Hollow Marina with limited boat traffic creating a safe & fun place for families to relax & play....moreless
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Paddle Boating
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Outdoor Grill:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 5 - Jun 16, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 17 - Jun 18, 2017
7 night min stay
Jun 19 - Jun 19, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 20 - Aug 10, 2017
7 night min stay
Aug 11 - Oct 27, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning fee $125
- security deposit $500
- Tax Rate 14.25%
Weekly rental from Friday evening to Friday morning during peak summer. 3 & 4 night rentals considered in late August - October
Full payment due at time of reservation if using credit card and website. If pay by check, $500 due at reservation time and full amount due 30 days prior to rental.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 1998
About the owner: We built this log cabin ourselves in 1998. The experience of building a log cabin was amazing & we are proud to have a cabin that we built.
Why the Owner Chose Sugar Hollow Marina (La Follette, TN, USA):
Norris Lake is the closest lake to the Northern Kentucky area that allows private docks. We also love how clean Norris Lake is and it also seems to be one of the best skiiing lakes around, with the one possible exception being Dale Hollow.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Our lot is one of the best you'll find on the lake. It's veyr large and is located in a quiet bay behind Sugar Hollow Marina. In most other cabins, you're neighbors are visible to both sides of you of your deck. There is a good mix of natural beauty like the small cave, beautiful trees and wildlife, mixed with modern ammenities like the paver style patio/firepit (which is equipped with lights, hose for putting out the fire at the end of the night, and granite-topped food prep table). There is also a pedal boat for your use that seats 5 people and life jackets for 5 people.
- Primary: (859) 630-8197 (Kentucky, USA)
- Secondary: +
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Your kids will have a blast on the water slide with running water
Screened in porch - enjoy cool evening games surrounded by the sounds of nature.
The bay is perfect for exploring with a pedal boat included with your rental.
View of the secluded bay where you safely play & swim off the dock
Bear Cave - kids think it's cool having their own cave on the property
Family room with upper deck in background
Bathroom # 3 - two baths have shower, one has shower tub.
You'll find a clean, bright, well-equipped kitchen to prepare your family meals
Washer & dryer in lower level
Farmhouse sink to dry your swim suits in lower level
Covered porch, lower deck & steps to dock
Newly paved driveway
Dock with patio table & water slide. Bumpers & cleats to tie up your boat
1 of 2 side of the dock available for dockage of your boat - slip not available.
Our chainsaw bear guards the trailhead to bear cave
Paver Stone Firepit Area with running water, granite food prep table, & lit path
Exposed beams, hardwood floors, wooden spiral staircase...now that's a cabin!
The view from the loft bedroom in the morning is truly inspirational.
Kids bunkroom with open floor plan - twin beds over fulls and 27' TV.
Queen bed in main level bedroom
Lower bedroom with tile
Lower deck outside sink to clean up after enjoying s'mores at the fire pit
View from driveway
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.