The Churchill Residence In Ojai was granted landmark status by the County of Ventura in 2018. More information about the Churchill Residence in Ojai and the owners can be found online.
A spacious Craftsman farm house, the historic Churchill Residence is located in the east end of the Ojai Valley, a half block from Thacher School and the Krishnamurti Foundation. Originally part of the historic Pierpont property, the 3,600 sq. ft. house was designed and built in 1905 for Civil War veteran General Charles G. Penney. The second owner of the house was Dr. Guido Ferrando who along with Aldous Huxley, and J. Krishnamurti founded the Besant Hill School (formerly Happy Valley School). The residence has been owned by the Churchill family since 1957.
A short drive from Ojai Town Center, the residence is set back one-tenth of a mile from Thacher Road. Amid orange and avocado orchards, the location is private and serene. Landscaped grounds compliment mountain and valley views from verandas on the front and back of the house. The residence is not recommended for groups with children for reasons of their safety and potential damage.
A peaceful, rural retreat: The Churchill Residence is popular for groups of friends, writers, artists and Thacher families. It's secluded and peaceful, a great place to have a family reunion, catch up with friends, read, think, create. There are many cultural events in Ojai throughout the year. Don't miss the Sunday Farmer's market and Bart's Books.
Note: There are three security cameras on the property, all look out from house. There is one at the front entrance, one at the laundry room entrance and one with a view of the driveway.