House, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, Sleeps 4
Vacasa of the Central California Coast
- english, french, german, spanish, portuguese, italian
About Vacasa of the Central California Coast
Thanks for considering a Vacasa home! We provide full-service management for privately owned vacation homes, and like to think that we offer our guests the best of both worlds: the unique experience of staying in a one-of-a-kind vacation home, with the peace of mind that comes from knowing that the home you book for your special vacation is cared for by professional housekeepers and property managers. Vacasa began in 2009, simply because our founder and CEO Eric wanted to find a better way to share his wife’s family’s summer home in Long Beach, Washington with guests as a vacation rental. Eric and his early team worked to build Vacasa on the premise that local employees can do what they love most (taking care of guests, homeowners, and properties), while the hands-off tasks of vacation rental management—things like marketing, filing taxes, and maintaining a website—could be handled by a specialized central support team. Our passion is connecting travelers with the unique experience of staying in a vacation home, and we would be honored to be your host. Please contact us with any questions about this home—our team is standing by!
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
We enjoyed the location and proximity to the beach, town, etc. However, the rental needs improvement.
1. There's an issue with ants. The tiny brown ants were found on the kitchen table, counter and bathroom.
2. The window screens are a mess. It cannot be lowered or raised without a lot of effort, making it useless.
3. The bedrooms lack overhead lighting and it is just dark (especially with the screens down).
4. The beds are the main focus for us when we stay at a vrbo. The comforters were old (and stained) and the pillows were MUCH to be desired (hard/uncomfortable). The mattress felt...spongy.
5. More lighting needed in the back yard. I was not aware of the step down from the front door walkway to the backyard (hidden in the shadows of the large succulent plant) and fell & twisted my ankle.
6. The stove is a hazard. Many times the auto ignite would not work and gas would leak. That prompts us to open the back door (to air it out) and that only caused the flame to go out (once we got it to light)-leaking more gas. Needless to say, we did not cook.
7. Shower needs new curtains--it is moldy on the bottom--as is the ceiling in the shower.
8. The kitchen window does not lock.
9. The deck (wood piece) is broken (by the back door); almost put foot through the wood.
10. The sofa is, for a lack of a better word, gross.
11. One of the kitchen table chair is wobbly (needs to be tightened)
12. I tighten the pot handle for you--it was so loose--dangerous to use.
The house was located in a great spot that left us quick access to many things up and down Hwy 1. It was only three blocks to the beach.
Nice Spot/Great Location
This property worked great for us. Centrally located on the coast and only a couple of blocks to the beach. The yard was good for our dog. Bring your own pillows if you struggle sleeping.
Comfy and Cozy
Would have been 5 stars but we had some ants. Otherwise it was comfy and cozy. Had everything we needed. Loved the fenced in yard for the dog. Would definitely stay here again.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to host you again soon, Linda!
Location great, place is a dump
The gate had one hinge, making it difficult to open and shut, backyard grass was over a foot tall, so we couldn't see our dogs in some areas and the fence had a gaping hole in it (I had asked about fenced yard for dogs). Dried food on pans, plates and glasses, and there was a box in the back yard with rusted nails sticking up and the box was about a foot tall, so anyone or dogs could have gotten hurt. Couch had stains all over it and was creepy to sit or lay on. I also didn't feel safe getting out of the shower; it is elevated and ceramic tile, so when you exit the wet tile floor, you are stepping down and leaning forward. Windows are old and make noise when the wind blows-that first night, neither of us could sleep and the next day I had to jamb paper in the windows just before we went to bed, but had to do daily, because it got hot inside and had to have windows open most of the day. Back window, on the door, didn't lock. Front screen door had a bunch of rips, so flies came in. Other than that, it was a good time. I will add, I started the booking process through VRBO which has become Home Away and next thing I knew Vacasa was billing me and I now realize Home Away charged me $111 for the gateway to Vacasa and HomeAway's insurance company charged me for Trip Protection and so did Vacasa. Working on those issues now.
Thank you for sharing your review with us. The gate has been repaired and the lawn manicured. The fence is not repaired as we are waiting for permission, but this in our list of things to address. The couch will soon have a slipcover or be replaced. Thank you!
Cozy but all you need!
Loved it ... small but all you need! Loved having back yard,cozy sunny indoor space, great shower!
We are so glad this guest enjoyed the home. Thank you!