Blue Ridge Mountain Rentals
About Blue Ridge Mountain Rentals
This property is managed by Blue Ridge Mountain Rentals.
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Outside needing cleaning up, bbq grill needs to be replaced, two dead mice in basement area
Neighbor dogs were a nuisance always barking, we asked for a secluded cabin THIS IS NOT. Inside Accomidations were nice..
Thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear you had a few issues while staying with us. We can assure you they will be addressed and taken care of as soon as possible. Thank you for letting us know and we sure hope you will give us a second chance at serving you in the future.
"Walk in the Clouds" lived up to its name thanks to Hurricane Nate!
We enjoyed our stay in this simple cottage with an amazing view. The kitchen was well equipped. The master bedroom king bed was very comfortable.
However, there were a few issues and suggestions that could have made it better.
1. A comfortable Queen bed is needed in the guest room. The double bed in there was not comfortable.
2. LAMPS! It really needs to have lamps in the den/living room. It was not conducive to mood or reading to have the overhead lights on. The bedrooms could use another lamp in each.
3. One of the basement doors was ajar when we got there and only the chain held it from being wide open. We tried to keep it closed using bags of potting soil. However, the next morning it was ajar and we found a dead mouse down there the next day. My brother had tools in his car and fixed it so it would stay shut.
4. We had an invasion of flies inside the house. We killed about 150 flies one day and about 80 the next day, mostly in the master bedroom and some in the den. We called the first day and they sent an exterminator out to spray. The exterminator thought they might be coming in through the master bedroom door casing which was pulling away from the house. The spray did not kill any of the flies that we could tell.
5. parking 2 cars was difficult and a retaining wall on the downside of the drive would make it safer.
Thank you for the review of your stay with us here at Blue Ridge Mountain Rentals. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, thought the views were amazing, found the kitchen well equipped, and the king bed very comfortable. We also appreciate your suggestions about a new queen bed, lamps and parking. We will relay the message to the home owner. As for the basement door we have sent maintenance out to check on it and make sure it is secure. We have also sent the exterminator out again to make sure the fly situation is resolved. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope you will consider staying again in the future.