- english, french
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Absolutely wonderful and totally met our expectations. We found that previous reviews were correct. The villa is very private, other naturists were neighbors and we all respected one another’s privacy. It was a very easy walk to the beach and to the village which has most everything one needs. Very good grocery store and liquor store , plus wonderful restaurants. Biggest downside was bedrooms on second floor with bathrooms on first floor, so one must be able to easily handle stairs. With patio doors to bedrooms we rarely use the AC units. WiFi was excellent and allowed streaming to laptops or phone. French TV was of no value to us. All in all, our stay was excellent and we hope to return. Suzon was a very helpful manager to us.
Lovely townhouse style rental but a couple downsides for Americans.
The rental is very nice but there are a couple things that aren’t up to American standards.
1. There is no air condition unit on the downstairs floor where the living room / kitchen / bathroom is located. There are two AC units (European style on the wall near the ceiling) one in each bedroom upstairs. If these are left at the lowest temperature possible and the bedroom doors left open then the downstairs is comfortable then. This doesn’t work at night unless you don’t mind the sun waking you up at 6 AM and sleeping in an igloo. We ended up really not using the downstairs at all for relaxing.
2. The TV only has French cable - not even one English chanel. We were prepared for this because of prior stays on the French side and we brought our laptop computer and cable to hook up to the TV to watch Netflix. But with the downstairs not comfortable, we just watched on the computer laying in bed.
3. Both bathrooms are located downstairs so if you are a middle of the night user this requires a trip down the stairs which again are not up to American standards, I have a size 8 foot and only about 2/3rds of my foot fit on the step they were so narrow. I ended up going up the stairs normally but coming down the stairs at an angle so my entire foot fit on the step. I believe this is necessary because pitch/angle of the steps is steeper than we would allow in America.
4. Little tiny black ants (our bug guy calls them no see em’s here in Georgia) appear in the kitchen and bathrooms daily. We had no food on the counters so could only assume they were attracted to the water supply. I cleaned them up all the time but they repeatedly came back. We even tried spraying the uncaulked crevices with a deet spray and it had no affect.
5. The beds are much harder than what we have at home. I came prepared for a firmer mattress with a 1/2 inch egg crate style cushion to help my back (2 back operations with rods and screws in my back) but after 2 weeks on these beds my back was really ready for my temperpedic at home.
All in all a pleasant stay and we’ll be back but I will come with a thicker mattress topper, a blanket for igloo sleeping and some ant spray. We are normally inside far less than outside when in St. Maarten so see the above as minor issues to be prepared for not deal breakers.
Property is very clean. The units are well stocked with dishes and linens, including beach towels.
This is our second visit to Mang Orient. We stayed in Mang Orange last year and Mang Rouge this year. Both are equally well equipped with more room in Mang Rouge. Grocery shopping is close by as is the beach. This year we were able to rent a car from Suzon. We were met at the airport upon arrival and driven back at the end of our vacation. This really added to our experience. We had a late afternoon departure and since no one was coming in we were able to stay in the unit until early afternoon. This was a bonus and beat hanging out at the airport.
Comfortable unit with private pool.
The property was clean and well kept. It was nice having a manager on-site during the day. The kitchen was well equipped. Our unit had two bathrooms downstairs and two bedrooms upstairs. The outside area was very nice with a table and chairs and a small soaking pool which was very refreshing . The area was also very private. The units had gated parking for one car. It was a short drive to the beach and restaurants. We enjoyed our stay and are planning on returning sometime soon.
Wonderful, Quite and Well Equipped Property in Orient Bay
We stayed in the villa, Mango Rouge which was a 2 bedroom unit. The two bedrooms are located on the second floor up a slightly steep set of steps. Not a problem for us but I probably would not recommend this particular unit for anyone with mobility issues. There is one bedroom on each side of the stairs, they seem to be of the same size with queen beds, a desk and nice sized closets. Each room had a sliding door onto a balcony where you had your peek a boo view of the ocean. The patio doors had storm shutters which we kept close most of the time in order to keep the rooms cool which was a great thing to have. It also kept the bedroom extremely quite even though you are not far from the main entrance to Orient Bay. On the lower level you will find a small sofa and chair with TV. The place is also equipped with internet with must be the longest security code ever. Internet did work very well I must report. There were two bathrooms- one with shower, sink and toilet and a separate toilet under the stairs (interesting use of limited space) and another space with a shower and sink. Nice option which allowed my husband and myself to each have our own bathroom. The kitchen was small but well equipped. The outside offered a nice deck space as well as a pool, larger than a plunge pool but don't expect to do laps. It was nice for cooling off and you could set up drinks and food at the far end of the deck which was always in the shade. We spent a lot of time on the deck as we waited for the high season crowds to die down at the beach. We had much appreciation for Sabine and Suzon who were fantastic. We did the unfortunate thing of leaving our car lights on (ours at home turn off automatically) and draining the car battery. It also caused the car alarm to go off, FYI - this was the loudest most annoyed car alarm you ever heard. I would not have been very pleased with us at all. Suzon was most helpful in having her father provide us with a jump. I hope they will allow us to return. This is a great place, well equipped with excellent management and the price can not be beat for the location.
Pleasant apartment with outdoor plunge pool
We enjoyed our stay at Mango Rouge. The location is most convenient; a 10 minute walk to the beach or a very short drive with easy parking. The apartment was well equipped and the bathrooms were quite nice. We enjoyed the outdoor space and since the week we spent in St. Martin was quite warm, we really enjoyed the plunge pool. Be aware the bedrooms are upstairs and both bathrooms are downstairs. Suzon was most pleasant and we would recommend the apartment.
Many thanks for this review !
Hope to receive you again very soon !
Located in the private residential park and secure Orient Bay, leading directly to the most beautiful beach on the island (walk) and the naturist beach, the Orient Bay village with its many shops and restaurants side up and Wed.