About the property
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 - 4 nights
Quiet residential neighborhood 16.5 miles east of downtown Nashville. This property is the best of both worlds! Close enough to see all the popular Nashville sites but away from all the noise when you are looking to relax in peace and quiet by the lake. Nashville International Airport is on the east side of Nashville and is approximately 11 miles from this property. The home of President Andrew Jackson (the Hermitage) is in the next town over and only a short 10 minute drive. Popular restaurant chains as well as Wal Mart and Publix are a short drive from the lake house for provisions. The Cedar Creek Marina is 6 miles away for boat rentals and a restaurant and bar right on the water front.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 10, 2018
I am a real estate investor with four grown sons. My wife and I enjoy relaxing by the lake and wanted a place we could all enjoy that was near our respective homes and this location was ideal.
Owner purchased this House in 2015
Why Owner chose Green Hill
Lake front property near Nashville is hard to find so when this property was listed for sale, my real estate partner and I jumped at the chance to own something on the water for our families to enjoy.
What makes this House unique
Private dock with a sitting area overlooking the lake. The fire pit makes for a great addition for cooking over an open fire or just enjoying the wood fire at night.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Very nice home, exactly as the pictures portray. Even better, well taken care off and clean. Nicely updated with a beautiful view. The only disappointment was the distance to Nashville, took about 30 minutes, but easily accessible.
Clean home with a great view!
Stayed in the home with a total of 4 couples. Clean, nicely decorated home with a private, beautiful view of the water. Comfortable beds, nice bathrooms, and ample community space. Kitchen was functional but a little lacking in supplies like measuring spoons/cups, plates, and mixing bowls. Kitchen could also use some updating, but very functional. Loved having the grill to cook on! It would be nice to be able to open some doors and windows to air out house, but there is a lack of screens and didn't want to let the bugs in. Screen doors would be a great addition. Overall a great stay and would recommend to others!
Great lakefront property!
We were in Tennessee for a family reunion and I chose this house because it is 5 minutes from my Daughter's house. All of the kids loved going fishing and was the highlight for them. They caught some catfish and bream. The firepit was great too and was a great place to gather in the evening. The house was very nice. The master is beautiful and roomie and the extra bedrooms upstairs were all nice. There is a bedroom and another living room downstairs that helped with the extra TV for the ones who didn't want to watch football. All of the beds were super comfy.
The kitchen could use some updating but everything works fine. We loved this house and talked about coming here next year. Very close to all of the groceries and shopping needed. I would recommend this house.
Beautiful home on the river. Plenty of room and comfortable for 8 guests. Breathtaking view.
We very much enjoyed staying at your home! Thank you for having us. The home was comfortable and clean and decorated well. The only complaint we have is there were a lot of spider and cobwebs outside on the seating area which made it challenging to enjoy. Not sure if you ask the cleaning crew to wipe it down before guests come to at least help, understanding the home will always have some because of the foliage outside. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay and I think everyone agrees the view was the best part. Thanks again!
Great restful location in fabulous lakefront setting exceeds expectations
My family needed a home for several generations coming back to Nashville to lay my husband's mother to rest in the National Cemetery. We feel blessed to have stumbled across this brand new listing. We usually avoid homes with no reviews, but we took a chance with few options available last minute. It was our good fortune that David responded almost immediately and was extremely accommodating as we made our plans. Upon arrival, we were thrilled to see that the home was actually better than described and the pictures showed. It is nestled in a lovely, quiet area close to everything, including the airport where we made several trips. The listing says Mt Juliet, but it has an Old Hickory address and sits on Old Hickory Lake. All in all, the home exceeded our expectations. So much so, we have already talked about a return visit, thinking the view in the fall may be more impressive than the summer's.
As much as we enjoyed our time in the lake house, the property may not be for everyone. We would highlight a few things:
1) The living area is on the main entry floor and bedrooms are up and down from this level, which proved a little challenging for my elderly mother to climb the stairs. Saving grace for her was how comfortable and luxuriously dressed the beds were!
2) The home itself is older but the owner has done a great job bringing most of the areas up to date with improvements and very tasteful décor. Bedding, towels and furniture all appear to be new. The kitchen is not completely updated but it is clean, well equipped and worked perfectly for our party of 7 cooking meals every day.
3) The back yard is very steeply graded down to the water and the dock does not have a swim ladder, so these areas were limited to the more athletic members of our family. The others enjoyed the shaded deck, watching a doe with her two fawns rollick on the grass near the fire pit. All enjoyed the fantastic sunsets and boat watching from the comfortable deck furniture.
4) We found that the lake traffic picks up considerably on the weekends and can be a bit noisy early in the morning. Most of us are early risers so didn't mind, but our 19 year old daughter was miffed she couldn't sleep in (boo hoo!).
5) Last, there are lots of bugs with the house being nestled among trees and some eventually get inside. We had a few unwelcome visitors, but learned to shut doors quickly on our way in and out to avoid more.
Close to The Hermitage, home of President Andrew Jackson