Cozy and dreamy guest house nestled within the gardens of the Tucker Cottage in Warrenton's historic district. Private and quiet one-bedroom (queen bed) with screened-in back porch, sitting/dining room, and full bathroom. New linens, fridge, and coffee/tea are provided.
The guesthouse is situated in the back garden of the Tucker Cottage, located in Warrenton’s downtown historic district. It’s a one-bedroom, one-bathroom detached guesthouse with a full sitting and dining area as well as a screened-in back porch which faces private woods. Outfitted with a queen-sized bed, recently-renovated bathroom, antique dresser drawers, wicker furniture, and a dining table – you’ll be comfortable here. All new linens and towels.
THE GROUNDS AND AMENITIES:
You’re welcome to enjoy our locally-famous terraced gardens, designed by renowned landscape architect Gilette in 1928. You also have access to the “Gardener’s Quarters” outbuilding – perfect for a cup of coffee and a book. If you’re the artistic type, feel free to use our easel for painting or drawing – just bring your own supplies.
Available on request:
* Weber grill (guest provides charcoal)
* Twin air mattress and linens (additional fee for a third adult guest)
* Fresh bed linens, towels, and washcloths
* Coffee maker and tea kettle
* Coffee and an assorted teas
* Plates, bowls, flatware, mugs, glasses
* Shampoo, conditioner, and body-wash
Interaction with guests
Victoria has lived in Warren County for 35 years and raised three children, now adults. She is a public school art teacher, and is involved with multiple community activities, including historic preservation. She is well-versed in local attractions, businesses, and services. She lives full-time in the main Tucker Cottage but will give you your privacy in the guesthouse. You also may see her doing yard work or relaxing on the main Cottage’s back porch. Check out her other listing for her lake house - "Kerr Lake Wooded Retreat"!
Feel free to ask her about:
* Things to do in Warrenton, Warren County, and around Kerr Lake
* Local history and the history of the Tucker Cottage
* Arranging special activities such as horse carriage rides and rickshaw bike rides around town