The Villa in Rio De Janeiro- 6+1 Bedrooms, Pool
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-10 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
VRBO Bear stayed here: We found this property to be beary special Read review
NOTE - OLYMPICS 2016 the villa is rented.
1. It is a 4 story 2007 built private home on a gated street in the middle of the tourist zone of Copacabana.
2. There are 4 suites with elegant baths + 2 poolside small cabanas which shared baths.
3. The Metro is across the street and the Copacabana beach 3 blocks away. Main shopping street is 50 feet away.
4 . The house is rented with staff and can include a very full American breakfast. You can rent the house without staff except a daily maintenance man.
5. There is a private third floor pool BBQ and sun deck.
6. The house is run by a multilingual concierge who will arrange all transfers, tours, reservations, and child care.
7. The house is equipped with a kitchen,china, crystal, silver to provide food service for up to 50 guests for functions.
8 It's a family home - cozy enough for two couples to have a great vacation spot and personal attention BUT like any family home there are lots of cabanas sofas etc where we can welcome a student group or bunch of friends.
9. We could provide a short rental for special shooting, etc. but there is a minimum of 3 days for a rental.
The villa has directly across the street a small posada of 7 rooms - so we can combine on one street - 14 bedrooms for the large family or group of friends.
Guests who inquire about the property should know that we are in a quiet neighborhood with great neighbors and it is our policy that during the week - the house outdoor terrace is a quiet zone after 10pm. During weekends we also require respect for our neighbors tranquility.
Basically the villa is organized on 4 levels around a central atrium. All rooms open to this vaulted space via balconies, gardens, or a glass roof which electronically opens to the night sky and marvelous moon views.
Level one is a stone entrance foyer off the little street with entrance doors from a former old Gloria mansion. A great modern kitchen contains every possible culinary gadget, huge island with bar stools,complete business center, and enough an porcelain to serve 70. Off the kitchen is the new decorated atrium (morning room) and a family dining room. The atrium fireplace and over mirror is undergoing completion by the artist who completed faux painting in the restored Teatro Municipal Opera house. The ceiling opens electronically and the second floor balcony gives way to 3 bedroom suites - all with sitting areas and marble deluxe baths with jacuzzi. The dining room is great for a family having breakfast or a sit down for 24. Off these rooms is the wood paneled library with TV/Cinema area and our very special antique Titanic model which the house staff presented this July to the foundation.
There is a small stone powder room off the back stone stairway. All of the major public floor rooms have fireplaces and and make for a great family space. At Christmas - the 15 foot Christmas tree is decorated by the children of the villa staff and we have our annual holiday party and open house.
The second floor suites open by three pairs of antique french doors or stained glass windows to the atrium. Each room makes for a great private sleeping and entertaining space as sofas and easy chairs make it quite comfy. Since the villa is occupied most of the year - these 3 suites are continually in the process of being re-invented.
The third floor is accessed by a stone stairway (with our little Budda in the corner) and panels of native birds and stained glass and a collection of both naif art and the original interior sketches for the house on the walls.
Once you open the door to the third and fourth floor levels - you see the pool with its lion fountain,
a small sitting area with our bird menagerie in cages and the all local birds drinking out of the feeders. Our roof seems to be the greenest spot in the neighborhood and attracts lots of birds and butterflies. The garden is ALWAYS a work in process as the plantings change continually. We try to keep it in flowers year around with hanging planters, plaques of bromeliads and orchids. The barbecue is there and the staff lights the gas lanterns at sunset.
Off the first part of the garden is a trellised walkway of local honeysuckle and some fresh fruit trees as well as a little herb garden. There are two cabanas and small duplex rooftop cottage off of this walkway which are kind of like 18th century wood ship cabins. They share a bath with shower. They have desks with plenty of storage, hundreds of books, and are comfy and cool little spots - full of character. The cabanas can sleep 2 or 3. The cottage consists of - a king size loft above and huge living room below which sleeps 4 on the banquette single beds or the banquettes can be combined into a king. This house has a separate bath and shower with chicken coop type windows which look thru the glass roof all the way to the first floor.
The villa is available as a rental with only one maid to change linens and make beds for guests who want total privacy. On the other hand - the villa has a huge staff for the family or group who wants and needs lots of attention. The daily rental fee depends on the services guests need ( basically price changes when the group is a huge number of guests) and is priced very well as compared to even a three star hotel. We aim to top the service offered anywhere else in our city. We try to make guests feel comfortable from answering their first inquiries to saying goodbye and putting them in a car to return home. We are quite used to corporate, business, diplomatic, and family parties. We know the best purveyors for buying fresh ingredients, fine meats, great fish, etc. It is a fun spot and we love to throw a party for you.
Now that prices in Rio de Janeiro have become in the league of New York City, Tokyo, or London - we feel it essential that guests have some reasonably priced options for meals. It also seems like guests who have all the intention of eating out every night - change their plans once they get settled into the villa. So we have become quite deft at putting meals together without a lot of notice. We have two lovely street fairs each week with butchers, fishmongers, greengrocers, with dozens of stalls and like to take our guests their to choose whats will be on the table that night.
The Abraços Foundation and Adan have a staff of drivers, tour guides, packaged tour operators, and can help with detailed planning for your trip - from airport pick up until you depart (and even ship those things your forgot back home !!) Guests have the advantage of organizing their schedule when they book or meeting with Adan when they are here to buy tours (Note: prices are 15% lower when purchased in advance of arrival).
Adan handles all the email requests and helps guests who do not know the city and country (or south America) on how to arrange their time based on their interests. We are affiliated with a great Rio travel agency who assists with flights, cruises, etc.
One of the Villa craftsmen is a jazz musician and knows the Rio night life scene. Another consultant is a set designer for Brazilian movies and knows what is hot in town at the moment.
IT has been a busy past three months with a total redo of the villa + movie shoots + a lot of big events BUT we will have a complete on-line villa manual, and menus.
BEFORE YOU MAKE AN INQUIRY-
1. we are 100% rented for OLYMPICS 2016.
2. We can not offer rentals less than 5 days for large groups - it is just too time consuming to do a changeover after 21 guests have been with us for a short period. There are no short term stays for large groups at regular rental fees, You can stay for three nights BUT WE WILL CHARGE MORE PER DAY FOR THOSE RENTALS.
We can offer a short term rental at a higher fee that reflects our increased costs.
3. Although we can house up to 21 - there is only room for 7 OR 8 couples in privacy. 23 is the maximum but 14 to 16 more ideal unless the group includes children and one uses sofas in the suites or bunk beds.
4. We can offer for the very large group the villa + our other penthouse also advertised on homeaway (ID: 359605) + neighboring pousada and hostels We have arranged stays for a group as large as 55.
5. Rental rates VARY according to the number of guests and services requested. We are indeed an economical alternative for a large groups and offer features not easily available in most apartments or villa rentals.
6. We LOVE a party BUT DO NOT rent to groups who do not abide by the villa quiet hours. We are in a family neighborhood and love our neighbors. We do not rent to any group without questions as we wish to make sure our staff, our villa, and our neighborhood are respected. We have furnished the villa with love and care and special objects and want guests to love our ambiance.
Member since: 2007
- 5000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Housekeeper Included
- Car Available
- Daily Maid Service
- Private Chef
- Events Allowed
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 21, Beds for 20-21
- Four of the bedrooms are private suites with attached bath - most with marble baths . The library can serve as a sleeping space but you do restrict the public space on the first floor when you do so. All of these 5 areas have a sitting area with sofa and club chairs, cocktail table etc/ Cabin 1 and 2 - very much like a sailing ship cabin with closet, drawers, desk etc. One has 3 bunks,and the other has a full bed and single bunk All of the bedrooms are air conditioned and are luxury in appointments....moreless
Bathrooms: 6 Bathrooms
- This house is a luxury villa completed in December of 2006 on a gated mews street within 5 minute walk of central Copacabana Beach and the Copacabana Palace Hotel. There are four main bedroom suites - all with bath , sitting area and balcony. A library can serve as extra sleep space and has a non attached hall bathroom. 3 poolside cabana bedrooms have capacity for 3 guests..The house has the feel of a 200 year old villa and all rooms open to an atrium with a glass ceiling that opens to the sky. The terraced third floor roof has a swimming pool with 8 jacuzzi jets, sun area, Balinese living room type veranda with wood grill .There is a pool bath, maids area, and two story Balinese Wood Suite on this level as well as the cabana bedrooms. The kitchen is completely equipped with every possible feature. The dining room accommodates up to 18 for meetings and dinner. An additional table for 6 gives combined dining for 24 sit down. The wood paneled library & dining have a fireplace...moreless
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library
- Botanical Garden
- Duty Free Shops
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Rain Forests
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View:
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Child's Highchair
There is a cook daily. We charge a fee for fixing dinner depending on the number of people being served. Full breakfast tray included and served in dining room, library, your suite, or poolside. ...moreless
- Dining Area
- Seating for 24 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Bottled Water
- Broadband Access:
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Computer Available:
- Filtered Water
- Free Long Distance:
- Gas Fireplace
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Mobile Phone:
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking On Street
- Security System
- Thermos Bottle
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Lobster Pot
- Mini Refrigerator
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio:
- Gated Community
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Outdoor Pool
- Housekeeper Included
VRBO Bear stayed here:
This Rio De Janeiro Villa is a miniature mansion located on a quiet dead end street in a great location. It's just three blocks from Copacabana Beach and only a block or so from the nearest subway station.
I could bearly contain my surprise upon entering the villa to see the enclosed covered atrium with its plethora of flowering, hanging plants and beautiful stained glass windows. I've never seen so many indoor plants in a home before! The floors are beautiful stone and or wood and many of the walls are made from wood as well. The furnishings and decorations are an eclectic collection of old and new, with many interesting and unique antique items. The kitchen and baths feature quality fixtures and equipment. While the rooms are not large, the beds are very comfortable, and the villa is in top quality condition. In the summer, you'll be pleased to know that the air conditioning works fabulously and there is even a small pool located on the top floor.
Perhaps the most endearing feature of the villa is the fabulous staff who took such great care of us. Upon our arrival, our luggage was carried upstairs to our room for us. Michaeljon spoke excellent English and was very helpful with directions and tips for things to see and do including arranging rides to/from the airport if needed. Denise cooked a fantastic breakfast for us each morning, at no additional cost, and will even cook lunch or dinner as well (there is a cost for this service). They made up the rooms for us each day, and even did laundry for us... Wow!
The VRBO Bear
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
CHRISTMAS / NEW YEAR 2016
Dec 23 - Jan 5, 2017
10 night min stay
Rates are based on 12 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest
Feb 24 - Mar 1, 2017
6 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Rates are based on 12 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $2,500
- Taxes Not included
$15 for each additional guest per night for groups of 13 to 21 guests. WE ARE RENTED FOR OLYMPICS 2016, ONLY MAKE PAYMENTS IN A SECURE FASHION USING A CREDIT CARD WITH THE OWNER DIRECTLY OR HIS OFFICE +1 212 686 29 07
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
The villa is situated in the exact middle of Rio de Janeiro - 5 minutes from the Copacabana Beach and 2 minutes from the Metro. Because of its location - one can be in the other barrios or Centro within minutes. It is ideal for small to medium sized events and has a well staffed kitchen wtih full catering and dining menu. It accomodates about 75 for dinner buffet or receptions on three levels. Our concierge can arrange for Brazilian or European chefs to cater all events.
The villa is managed by its two owners - Abracos Foundation and Adan Carballido in Rio de Janeiro. It is an ideal venue for families and groups as breakfast, maids, cook, concierge services are included in the rental. It is perfect for those who are not experienced and do not know Rio de Janeiro and need help with their planning.
Since Rio de Janeiro is as of Jan 1 2013 - the 13th most expensive city in the world - it is an economical choice as our cook can ready family meals at a fraction of the cost of eating out. It makes for a great and inexpensive way to have a grand house party.
The villa is very charming and cozy - do not let the photos of the house scare you off. We love taking care of guests and doing everything in our power to guarantee guests a memorable stay.
For the security of our guests - we are choosy about whom we rent to. The villa is not suitable for noisy party groups. We have choosed to affiliate ourselves with the number one rated tourism service - Rios de Historia for urban tourism, tickets, etc and with Rioadventures dot com for ecotourism, sports, outdoor activities. We are what you might call 100% hand on.
on the other hand - if you want to rent only the house, cook for yourself, and arrange your own leisure time - you are welcome here and will just supply you with a daily maid and someone to water the garden and clean the pool.
After contracting to rent the house - all incoming guests are emailed are almost 100 page ( and counting) Guide to a Great Villa vacation which is constantly being updated.
Links to more information:
Pool night time
The Morning Room - All Master Suites open into viewing The Morning Room.
The Blue Room
3rd floor bunk rooms
The Villa in Rio Wonderful Staff
The Gourmet Kitchen
The Morning Room
The Dining Room
The master Bedroom
Master Bath - double jacuzzi not visible
The Green Suite
Pool sofa, cable TV, kitchenette, grill
3rd floor, desk, library, full size bed + single bunk on each room
Copacabana Map, our localization
Second floor view, opened roof above morning room, fresh air and nice sunlight
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Sunday, August 28, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Avoid FraudBook and pay on VRBO
To book this property, you need to complete your payment and booking through VRBO's website. We can't protect your payment against fraud and scams if you don't pay and book through VRBO.