|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
Bay Woods Cottage - 'A waterfront cottage getaway overlooking scenic views of the PEI National Park and Cavendish Sand Dunes'. [CANADA SELECT RATING = 3.5 stars]
Nestled in the heart of Prince Edward Island's famed North Shore region only 5 minutes from historic Green Gables House (which was designated a National Historic Site in 1985 and is one of the most notable literary landmarks in Canada) as well as Cavendish attractions, Bay Woods Cottage is a restful waterfront getaway enjoying beautiful views of New London Bay and the famous sand dunes of Prince Edward Island (PEI) National Park.
Located in the quiet cottage community of Seawood Estates in Stanley Bridge, Bay Woods Cottage is perfect for small families and couples looking for a relaxing and quiet retreat. The one acre site features a yard for games surrounded by native woodlands, creating a private setting. We provide full service weekly or monthly rentals offering 2 bedrooms plus downstairs living space.
Prince Edward Island National Park with beaches, fishing, kayaking, and educational programs for young and old is within 3 kilometres. A complimentary Park Pass is included for your enjoyment. Cavendish, with many restaurants and interesting shops, is also within 3 kilometers. The College of Piping, Ceilidhs, Lobster Suppers, Avonlea Village & Historic Green Gables House are nearby.
Running, Walking, and Biking are perfect activities for all skill levels throughout the Island. Golfers have a choice of five courses within 10 kilometres of the cottage. The world renowned 'Links at Crowbush Cove' is approximately 60 minutes away & 'Dundarave'/'Brudenell' courses are within 90 minutes, and have hosted Jack Nicklaus, Johnny Miller, Vijay Singh, Mike Weir, Lorie Kane, Fred Couples and John Daly among others.
Enjoy PEI’s scenic fishing villages, picturesque farms and famous seafood: Malpeque Oysters, PEI mussels & some of the best lobsters you'll have anywhere! Carr's Oyster Bar offers a full selection of fresh PEI catch and is within a 5 minute drive.
Summer 2016 will be an exciting time to visit the Island - some of the extraordinary events scheduled to date include:
* the Cavendish Beach Music Festival will be held July 8-10th and will feature The Band Perry (2015 Grammy Award Winners for Best Country Trio); Blake Shelton; Kenny Chesney; and Old Dominion.
* St. Mary's Church is the beautiful setting with amazing natural acoustics for the world renowned Indian River summer concert series featuring classical, maritime, jazz, folk/roots,and choral music. St. Mary's was designated a provincial heritage site in 2012 in recognition of its historical and architectural significance to the Island and is rated as one of the top ten places to perform in the world, which explains how they are able to draw some of the best musicians in North America and Europe.
* The Charlottetown Festival 2016 presents 'Anne of Green Gables - The Musical' (now the world’s longest running annual production at 52 successive seasons); 'Mamma Mia' - the fourth highest grossing musical of all time (which just recently closed on Broadway); the Dora-Award winning hootenanny, 'Spoon River' Soulpepper Theatre; and the critically acclaimed English musical comedy from Copa De Oro and the Segal Centre, 'Belles Soeurs-The Musical'.
* Throughout July and most of August the College of Piping will perform 'Highland Storm' an all new production of Celtic music and dance, involving the very best in Island talent! Featuring a cast of thirty, this high-energy show runs three nights a week during July and four nights a week in August.
* The Fall Flavours Festival, a month long culinary celebration highlighting authentic Island tastes and traditions, takes place during September in communities across Prince Edward Island. The Festival features a variety of acclaimed guest chefs hosting a wide range of unique culinary experiences - you can join local hosts and pick potatoes, catch lobsters, harvest oysters or head off to Culinary Boot Camp or enjoy a feast of bar clams on the beach or perhaps a brewmasters dinner with PEI produced handcrafted beers.
* PEI's International Shellfish Festival will be celebrating their 21st anniversary and will be held in Charlottetown from September 15-18, 2016.
Since 1995, we have enjoyed Bay Woods Cottage as our family getaway, and look forward to sharing our cottage with you.
Owner and Proprietor
Owner and proprietor Carolyn Stahlnecker at Greenwich Beach, P.E.I. National Park
The Owner purchased this cottage in 1994
We fell in love with beautiful Prince Edward Island on a family vacation in 1994, bought our cottage, and have been back every year since!
We love the peace and quiet of the bayfront woodland setting - complete escape and relaxation - yet close to all of the North Shore attractions.
One of our best holidays ever! We loved the cottage, the cordial, the fresh bread, the beach, Avonlea Village, & the Homestead Trail. Thank you for your warmth & hospitality. We hope to come back!
The Bay Woods cottage is perfectly situated, not only right on the water with spectacular views, but its central location on PEI affords great access to the whole island. Day trips to the farthest points are accomplished easily, allowing leisurely drives and stops to visit the myriad of lighthouses, amazing vistas, beaches & hiking trails. Great places to feast on PEI mussels and Malpeque oysters right in Malpeque!!! The cottage is also not far from the New Glasgow Lobster Dinner, YUM! The Stahlneckers offer a secluded, meticulously kept and cozy cottage, with so many convenient amenities.
Our family just got back from our stay at this wonderful PEI cottage. Carolyn and Bill were excellent hosts and were there to meet us when we arrived. This cottage is absolutely idyllic. The photos online do not do it justice. The only downside is that now I'll be comparing every future cottage to this one. The property is very spacious and well equipped which was great because we were able to enjoy some meals on the back deck. The property and views are stunning. We hope to stay here again. Thanks Carolyn and Bill.
A week at this property was so peaceful you will not be disappointed with anything in this cottage the owners have all you will need to stay. From maps to information on the island and all that is required to cook a meal, BBQ on the most beautiful deck, to sitting inside at the bar looking out the front window at the sand dunes across the bay. I would go back to this cottage every year, great location not far from Cavendish beach not more than a 5 minute drive also 6 golf course within 25 minute drive. if peace and quiet is what you are wanting this is the place. The owners are outstanding at making sure you have all that you need. Thanks Carolyn an Bill for being who you are and sharing your little piece of heaven with us.
We spent a wonderful week in July 2016 at this most special cottage near Cavendish, PEI. Setting is quiet, private, wooded, overlooking stunning bay with views to the dunes. Outdoor space includes 2 decks on bayside, deck chairs, dining table and chairs, good quality barbeque. Cottage inside is charming; well appointed, attractive, quality furnishings, comfortable bed. Exactly what we had hoped for! Met upon arrival by the owner, we were provided with lots of information about local attractions and activities, as well as a thorough orientation of the property. I would love to return and would not hesitate to recommend this property!
As a renter of cottages in PEI each summer, I enjoyed an awesome stay at this location in July 2016. The location / property/ and view exceeded my expectations. The best kept and cleanest property I have had the pleasure to stay in while there. Very private and quiet. I did not mind the family of cute racoons I had to scare aware at 2 am.. added to the charm!
My daughter and I stayed at Carolyn and Bill's in August. It is a perfect place to stay to enjoy PEI. Imagine a cozy cabin, exceptionally clean and comfortable, nestled on a wooded lot, with a breathtaking view overlooking the ocean. I was so pleased to be so close to the National Park. There were many beaches to explore and trails to hike. I filled a jar with sea glass! Carolyn and Bill were very welcoming and advised us on their favorite activities including theatre, music, and excellent restaurants. All winners!
Thank you, Carolyn and Bill!!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
"Bay Woods Cottage" will be open from June 1, 2016 to October 1, 2016. Weekly rentals available with multi-week discount rates offered. A minimum stay of 5 nights is required and must be within a one week Saturday to Saturday time-frame.
A $500 deposit (cheque or money order) is required to confirm reservations. The balance is due 30 days prior to arrival.
Credit card payments will be subject to a processing surcharge.