Bay Woods Cottage - Waterfront New London Bay/P.E.I Nat'l Park/Cavendish Dunes
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Bay Woods Cottage - 'A waterfront cottage getaway overlooking scenic views of the PEI National Park and Cavendish Sand Dunes'. [CANADA SELECT RATING = 3.5 stars]
Nestled in the heart of Prince Edward Island's famed North Shore region only 5 minutes from historic Green Gables House (which was designated a National Historic Site in 1985 and is one of the most notable literary landmarks in Canada) as well as Cavendish attractions, Bay Woods Cottage is a restful waterfront getaway enjoying beautiful views of New London Bay and the famous sand dunes of Prince Edward Island (PEI) National Park.
Located in the quiet cottage community of Seawood Estates in Stanley Bridge, Bay Woods Cottage is perfect for small families and couples looking for a relaxing and quiet retreat. The one acre site features a yard for games surrounded by native woodlands, creating a private setting. We provide full service weekly or monthly rentals offering 2 bedrooms plus downstairs living space.
Prince Edward Island National Park with beaches, fishing, kayaking, and educational programs for young and old is within 3 kilometres. A complimentary Park Pass is included for your enjoyment. Cavendish, with many restaurants and interesting shops, is also within 3 kilometers. The College of Piping, Ceilidhs, Lobster Suppers, Avonlea Village & Historic Green Gables House are nearby.
Running, Walking, and Biking are perfect activities for all skill levels throughout the Island. Golfers have a choice of five courses within 10 kilometres of the cottage. The world renowned 'Links at Crowbush Cove' is approximately 60 minutes away & 'Dundarave'/'Brudenell' courses are within 90 minutes, and have hosted Jack Nicklaus, Johnny Miller, Vijay Singh, Mike Weir, Lorie Kane, Fred Couples and John Daly among others.
Enjoy PEI’s scenic fishing villages, picturesque farms and famous seafood: Malpeque Oysters, PEI mussels & some of the best lobsters you'll have anywhere! Carr's Oyster Bar offers a full selection of fresh PEI catch and is within a 5 minute drive.
Summer 2016 will be an exciting time to visit the Island - some of the extraordinary events scheduled to date include:
* the Cavendish Beach Music Festival will be held July 8-10th and will feature The Band Perry (2015 Grammy Award Winners for Best Country Trio); Blake Shelton; Kenny Chesney; and Old Dominion.
* St. Mary's Church is the beautiful setting with amazing natural acoustics for the world renowned Indian River summer concert series featuring classical, maritime, jazz, folk/roots,and choral music. St. Mary's was designated a provincial heritage site in 2012 in recognition of its historical and architectural significance to the Island and is rated as one of the top ten places to perform in the world, which explains how they are able to draw some of the best musicians in North America and Europe.
* The Charlottetown Festival 2016 presents 'Anne of Green Gables - The Musical' (now the world’s longest running annual production at 52 successive seasons); 'Mamma Mia' - the fourth highest grossing musical of all time (which just recently closed on Broadway); the Dora-Award winning hootenanny, 'Spoon River' Soulpepper Theatre; and the critically acclaimed English musical comedy from Copa De Oro and the Segal Centre, 'Belles Soeurs-The Musical'.
* Throughout July and most of August the College of Piping will perform 'Highland Storm' an all new production of Celtic music and dance, involving the very best in Island talent! Featuring a cast of thirty, this high-energy show runs three nights a week during July and four nights a week in August.
* The Fall Flavours Festival, a month long culinary celebration highlighting authentic Island tastes and traditions, takes place during September in communities across Prince Edward Island. The Festival features a variety of acclaimed guest chefs hosting a wide range of unique culinary experiences - you can join local hosts and pick potatoes, catch lobsters, harvest oysters or head off to Culinary Boot Camp or enjoy a feast of bar clams on the beach or perhaps a brewmasters dinner with PEI produced handcrafted beers.
* PEI's International Shellfish Festival will be celebrating their 21st anniversary and will be held in Charlottetown from September 15-18, 2016.
Since 1995, we have enjoyed Bay Woods Cottage as our family getaway, and look forward to sharing our cottage with you.
Owner and Proprietor
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2007
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Queen size Bed (1), Twin Beds (2), Daybed (1)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Dining Area
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
"Bay Woods Cottage" will be open from June 1, 2016 to October 1, 2016. Weekly rentals available with multi-week discount rates offered. A minimum stay of 5 nights is required and must be within a one week Saturday to Saturday time-frame.
A $500 deposit (cheque or money order) is required to confirm reservations. The balance is due 30 days prior to arrival.
Credit card payments will be subject to a processing surcharge.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 1994
About the owner: Owner and proprietor Carolyn Stahlnecker at Greenwich Beach, P.E.I. National Park
Why the Owner Chose Seawood Estates (North Rustico, PE, Canada):
We fell in love with beautiful Prince Edward Island on a family vacation in 1994, bought our cottage, and have been back every year since!
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
We love the peace and quiet of the bayfront woodland setting - complete escape and relaxation - yet close to all of the North Shore attractions.
- Primary: 902-836-5107
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Enjoy this view from our deck and living room - New London Bay/PEI Nat'l Park!
Late Spring Lupins in our yard over-looking New London Bay
Enjoy the view of the woods and the bay while relaxing in the living room
Living room into the kitchen
Drift off to sleep in the master bedroom overlooking the Bay.
Downstairs family room
Downstairs bar and game table.
View from the deck
Lupins in bloom in our front yard.
Enjoy kayaking on the bay
Storm clouds and rainbow over Cape Tryon Lighthouse
Bay Woods Cottage on New London Bay: welcome to our P.E.I. cottage!
Watch boats on the bay & wildlife in the Nat'l Park from the living room
Fully equipped kitchen, ready to cook fresh PEI catch!
Fall asleep to the soothing sound of the breeze through the fir trees
Enjoy the waterfront, multi-level deck with outdoor dining and barbeque!
Our view of multi-hued lupins blooming from mid June to early July.
Outbuilding for storing your bikes, along with 2 which we provide.
Beautiful water views around many corners
Sun setting on the Gulf of St. Lawrence
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.