About the property
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
House, 4 Bedrooms + Loft, 4.5 Baths
Our beautiful Vanderhorst Plantation home is located one block from the entrance to the Osprey Point Golf Course and walking distance to the beach. At the corner of Governor's Drive and Marsh Cottage Lane, you will enjoy sweeping, ever-changing Marsh Creek views. We are a bike ride from the Ocean Course.
TOP 10 REASONS TO RENT OUR HOME
1. You won't find owners' belongings in the draweres or closets, or owners' food in the fridge or freezer
2. None of this twin bed nonsense...bedrooms have either a king bed or 2 QUEEN beds in each room. 2 King Bedrooms downstairs, 2 Queen bedrooms up(remember, 2 queen beds in each of those rooms).
3. Sleeps a lot of people!
4. For Kiawah Island Club members, we are about as close as you can be to the Beach Club...a 2 minute drive. For all others, we are a 2 minute drive, or a 4 minute bike ride to the beach.
5. Golfers: We are almost across from Osprey Point and about 1 1/2 miles to the Ocean Course.
6. TV's in all bedrooms and a connected bathroom for each bedroom plus a half bath downstairs.
7. Not your typical beach house. You'll feel like you're in a Tennessee mountain cottage inside but will enjoy the beautiful South Carolina Low Country outside.
8. Fisherman's paradise across the street at Canvasback Pond. Down the street from Pintail Pond.
9. Breathtaking Marsh views with a chance to see dolphins over coffee and watch everchanging tides.
10. Wireless internet access, printer, extra fridge on lower level, free standing ice machine.
Bonus: Custom decorated and beautifully maintained....see pictures below!
ADDITIONAL RENTAL INFORMATION:
Summer and Holiday rentals are Saturday to Saturday.
Nightly rental rates available in the Off Season. Monthly rates available.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 22, 2018
Why Janie Nickodem chose Vanderhorst Plantation
We bought this house because we love the beautiful marsh views and that it looks like a mountain cottage nestled in the pines and live oaks, rather than a beach cottage.
What makes this House unique
Most of our renters have been renting from us for many, many years. This property is rental only, meaning we do not live here part time, nor do we store food or clothing at the property. When you check in, you don't have to worry about moving our things out of the way to make room for your food or clothing.
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Best place on Kiawah
My family has been coming for many years, both summer and fall. Husband loves the fishing behind the house on Bass Creek and Canvasback Pond! There is also a dock for fishing and gorgeous sunrises over the marsh. Beach is a short bike ride or walk. Osprey club is across street with a great BBQ restaurant. Comfortably furnished with a screen porch overlooking marsh. Memorable times ! No better place for us!
Thank you for your lovely review. We have enjoyed having you rent from us, and look forward to having you stay again this year!
Feels like home
We have stayed in this home for about ten years, and decided it was time to write a review. This home is clean and very well maintained, we feel absolutely comfortable. Love the location, gorgeous marsh views from the screened in porch, and from the community fishing dock down the street. Very close to the beach, we usually ride our bikes, the bike path is across the street, it takes no more than 5 minutes. Great fishing in the stream behind the house, and at Canvasback Pond, just across the street, in addition to many other locations on the island. Looking forward to our next stay this year!!!
Two weeks - Aug 2014
We have been coming to Kiawah and renting for many years and are just about to break ground on our own house, so have lots of experience with rentals. This was one of the best - house felt like a home (many we have rented have not !), well located (so long as you don't mind being at the quiet end of the island) and in great condition. Overall very happy. One recommendation - some of the photos don't do the house justice - its much nicer than it looks in some of the pics !
We enjoyed our visit to 31 marsh cottage lane. It's proximity is close to all we love on the island. In addition, the well appointed kitchen is a plus.
Great vacation home! Everything updated. Beautiful marsh view, especially at sunrise. 5 minutes from the beach. 2 minute walk to Osprey Point Golf Course. Highly recommend this property.
Perfect Kiawah home and location
Beautiful home with lodge like feel, open and spacious. Located no more than a half mile from beach! Great marsh views, beautiful sunrise! Home is clean, well maintained and very comfortable. Would not hesitate to go back!
Fishing and crabbing available on Canvasback Pond and from dock at end of the street. Equipment not provided.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Deposit is refundable 60 days ahead of rental date. Once final payment is made, there are no refunds, unless the property is able to be rented.