Very spacious 4-bedroom, duplex apartment enjoying unobstructed views of the ever changing Spinola Bay. Fully furnished and equipped making it ideal for a relaxing holiday close to any amenity, nightlife and obviously...sea...no car needed
- english, russian, italian, Maltese
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Security a challenge, in need of some TLC, customer service a mixed bag, additional money requested
- great responses to queries before we booked & went.
- good location (although above a bar that went on late. Take ear plugs if you're not partying).
- linen was clean & kitchen amenities were pretty good.
- pre-arranged taxi picked us up at the airport as planned (we arrived at 2am).
- additional communication was required upfront due to auto generated emails & out of date info. (e.g. less bedrooms on the floor plan that described on website) which became confusing with multiple email conversations going on.
- we were asked to pay more money upfront, which when questioned I was told it 'may' apply to us.
- contact to let us into the place at 2am was different to whom turned up.
- external & internal door codes didn't work. External door key had to be used & was a nightmare to open. By the end of the week the door was completely broken & left open most of the time. Internal door was resolved by using key fobs instead of codes. Door chain in the place fell off when you opened the door!
- we were asked for more money again upon arrival & I had to demonstrate that I'd paid everything upfront.
- balcony doors didn't lock. I was told this was normal in Malta & I shouldn't worry. No idea if this is the case but when you rock up to a place at 2am in the morning with a party going on downstairs at the bar, I don't think it's unreasonable to be able to lock the door. Our guide said 'it's fine, you can't open it from outside' whereby I proceeded to follow her outside & opened the doors easily. Once she'd left we had to play around with the doors for 30 mins & finally managed to lock them. The challenge was that the door frame is bigger than the glass doors, so there's always a gap somewhere. We could at least lock it, once we had the knack.
- TV sound didn't work. Was promised it would be resolved. It wasn't. Not too big an issue as there's plenty to see & do outdoors.
- I asked for help in booking a taxi back to the airport. No response. Taxi place up the road (Wembley's) was fab. Completely reliable.
- Interior need some TLC. Lovely place with fab views but a bit tired.
- Pleased to leave the cockroach behind that we found on day 1, in the bath. Again, unsure if this is normal?
Overall I think place has a lot of potential. Just needs a bit of love, better communications & security.
We thank you for your thoughts,however would like to point some issues. We do send useful emails to advise about the property prior arrival simply because from most clients' feedback they prefer to check the map, location, amenities, rubbish collection, floor plans all before arrival rather than on check in. We apologize for this matter however, in general we receive positive feedback for it on several occasions. Quite surprised that it was not appreciated from your end, similarly for the invoice sent which was generic referring to if there was still pending money. The mail is self explanatory, stating to 'IGNORE' if payment was done. Seems it was simply ignored at all at this stage. On check in the city tax is required to be settled. This is again advertised online and even on the contract. Nothing new, but seems reading here was all the issue here. We do provide key fobs as it simpler to use than a physical key, however, the property is located in a residential building so sharing of the common parts seem to have been an issue with you as well. While tv and wifi are supplied for free, we do rely on 3rd party companies which do at times fail to deliver as fast as possible. We take on board all your feedback and of course we still struggle to understand why the rating given is quite poor which seem to have been nothing related to the apartment. On a good note however, the property went under refurbish in the mean time with officially having new photos published as well. The location and property remain unbeatable when compared to other listings in the same area. Guess client forgot to mention all this in the end after her lengthy thread.
Logement idéalement situé!!!
L’appartement est agréable propre et lumineux situé dans un quartier animé et vivant.
Thank you for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed the apartment and Malta. Hope you will visit us again.
bel appartement avec une superbe vue, climatisation dans toutes les chambres
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. Thank you also for choosing our property for your Malta vacation. We hope to see you again.
Till a few years ago , St Julians was a quiet fishing village. Nowadays development has changed it completely and it spreads all round St. Georges Bay, Spinola Bay, and Balluta Bay.. Most of the elegant houses along the shore line have gone to be replaced by blocks of apartments, restaurants, bars , cafes and hotels. The roads leading to St Julians village (now a town) proper remain largely untouched. The best preserved are in the area of Balluta Bay. A few villas with beautiful facades and large gardens. One villa has been converted into a restaurant forming part of Le Meridien Hotel. There is also the large neo-gothic Carmelite Chuch in the midst of small houses that used to be summer residences for the rich Valletta residents. There is a large block of apartments built in the art nouveau style overlooking the square where you can sit and have a coffe or drink and watch the world go by.
Back in picturesque Spinola Bay there are still a number of old boat houses belonging to the fishermen that still remain with their traditional fishing boats sheltering in the bay. Some boat houses have been converted into restaurants which are quieter and romantic. The bay is particularly lovely in the evenings with the lights of the restaurants and street lighting reflecting in the calm water of the bay. On the other side of the bay is the promenade (very popular) which goes all the way to Sliema and beyond. Ideal for an evening stroll or to sit at a bar/cafe and people watch.
Up the hill you will find Portomaso - a private yacht marina with restaurants and bars, a shopping complex and apartments (all very upmarket) with a lovely atmosphere. Nearby is the Hilton. There are a number of 5* hotels - all overlooking the sea on the coast north of Paceville. There is also a Casino at the Dragonara and another at Portomaso .
Saint Julian's is a popular vacation spot on the coast of Malta. The small town successfully blends its fishing village charm with its tourist center. Latin architecture, such as Spinola Palace, built in 1688, and the Old Parish Church are popular historical sites. Divers will enjoy exploring shipwrecks via the Divewise Center. The renovated Paceville district, a former military haunt in the 1930s, is now the hub of Saint Julian's nightlife with an array of restaurants, bars, and clubs.