Rental ID: NB918EOB (Sleeps 6)
Located next to the Balboa Village/Old Town Balboa, this oceanfront unit sits on the boardwalk, right in front of Balboa Park's expansive grassy field, with the warm sand and sparkling blue Pacific down the sloping shoreline, just beyond. Guests must walk that short distance to catch a view of the nearby ocean. Due to the original 1910 construction, the characteristics of this property are charming, but still small by modern standards: the floors are slanted and the walls are thin. This property has been priced accordingly for the budget-minded traveler. Here's what you'll find:
- Leather sofa and love seat set
- Cable TV
- Dining table w/ seating for 4
- Fully stocked w/ dishes, utensils, cookware, bakeware
- Major appliances; small appliances
- Guests must provide their own food, drinks, spices, condiments
- Full/twin bunk bed set
- The only access door to the unit's bathroom
- The only access door to the unit's second bedroom
- 1 King bed
EXTRA SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: provided by 1 twin trifold floor mat with pillow and linens - best suited for children. A twin rollaway bed can be rented and delivered, if desired, in lieu of the floor mat. Please determine if the unit's sleeping configurations fit your group's needs prior to booking. Make arrangements for twin rollaway in advance, if needed, to ensure delivery in time for your arrival.
- Step-in shower
- Accessed only through the bunk bedroom - plan accordingly!
- Beachfront patio - shared with the other unit, however, each unit has their own designated spaces, including their own picnic table and BBQ grill areas. A planter w/ shrubbery discreetly divides the two areas.
- Rear private patio w/ seating; laundry shed; large trash cans
ALSO INCLUDED: Wifi; 4 beach chairs; ceiling fans throughout; tower fans; hair dryer; iron/ironing board; laminate wood flooring throughout; heating
DUE TO THE TYPICALLY MODERATE COASTAL CLIMATE, THIS HOUSE - LIKE MOST IN THE AREA - DOES NOT HAVE AIR CONDITIONING.
LAUNDRY: Shared facilities are located in the rear patio shed. Guests must provide their own supplies.
PARKING: There is no parking on-site at the unit, however, there is a reserved parking space next to the former Balboa Arcade, just three blocks down from the unit. The parking space accommodates sedans and SUVs, but long trucks may not fit. General neighborhood street parking can also be utilized, both meter and non-meter, along with the many City kiosk pay-to-park lots in the surrounding area. More details are provided once the booking is confirmed.
- Unit is within immediate walking-distance to beaches, restaurants, bars, the Balboa Island Ferry, the Catalina Flyer, shopping and fun in the Balboa Village area.
- Depending on weather conditions, there are times when this property is within the general sound range of the flight path of departures from John Wayne Airport, which begins at 7 a.m. and ends at 10 p.m.
NOTE: The adjacent 2 bedroom/1 bath unit can also be rented simultaneously, when available, to sleep another six guests. Have even more in your family? There is an additional vintage cottage duplex just behind, on the other side of the rear locked gate: Downstairs: 2 bedrooms/1 bath; Upstairs: 2 bedrooms/2 bath. Both duplex properties combined can accommodate a maximum total of 24 guests. Family groups only, please. There is an adjoining gate that can be unlocked to provide full access on the "compound." See separate listings for each unit or call our office for details.
Check-in time: 3 p.m. on the arrival date
Check-out time: 10 a.m. on the departure date