3 Bedrooms / 2 Baths / New Hot Tub/ Secluded/ Sheltered Fire Pit and deck/ In the middle of Colorado / Wood Stove.
Grey Wind Ranch is a gorgeous new ranch home located in Ranch of the Rockies, which just South of Fairplay and North of Buena Vista. The home is only 45 minutes from Breckenridge with easy access to Highway 285. This spectacular 3 bedroom and 2 bath home is on a wooded property with fabulous views of the white-capped mountains. There is covered decks to lounge under and enjoy the view, in the back is a large deck area with fire pit and sitting area to enjoy the evening with. You are in the heart of Colorado, next to National Forest and ATV and hiking trails, multiple Reservoirs and streams for fishing. This home has every amenity that you can dream of in addition to having a RV hook-up on the property, close enough to the home to expand the number of people to enjoy vacation together.
The home has a spacious living area with a wood-burning woodstove, open to the dining area and custom kitchen. The kitchen is well stocked and has custom cabinets and counter tops. There are 3 bedrooms. The master bedroom has a queen bed with full size bath(walk in shower) and double sinks. The second bedroom has a queen bed and ready with plenty of closet room. The third bedroom has queen bunk beds. The full size bathroom with tub/shower combination is between the bedrooms.
The great room is a huge room with sky lights and wood ceilings. There is a wood stove along with central heat. The open floor plan allows everyone to visit, the kitchen and dining room are all open so you can make a meal, have seating at the island, or sitting in the dining room and looking at the spectacular view, or lounging on the comfortable wrap around couch. The outdoor area is also spectacular at this home with fabulous views you can sit on the front porches and take in the views or relax in the brand new hot tub. The back stucco deck has fire pit to relax by with tables and chairs and room for dancing or exchanging stories about your busy day.
The TV has local channels and a large library of movies to stream and watch. There is internet to stay connected, but it is mountain internet, so movie watching is for the TV. The home is both dog friendly and travel friendly for those who have family or friends with a RV or travel trailer. There is electric and propane hook-up for an extra fee. The carport and garage allow for parking of all visitors along with the large driveway. There is room to bring the boat for the fishing ,if you want on the Reservoir's Antero, Spinney or Elevenmile. Roads are maintained year round.
Fairplay and Buena Vista are the activity center of the Colorado Rocky Mountains and is often referred to as the Base Camp for all activities some of which include skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain climbing, snow-shoeing, horseback riding (winter too), ice climbing, fishing, hunting, rafting, snow-mobiling, 4-wheeling, ATVing, mine exploring, canoeing, kayaking, and much much more.
If you can think of an outdoor activity, you will probably find it within 10-20 minutes of the cabin. It is a great area to call your "Base Camp".
* FISHING ... Gold Medal/Blue Ribbon Fishing. 5 area lakes and public river a short drive away
* Within Minutes of the home... Access to National Forest/Antero Reservoir, Lincoln Falls, Ice Climbing, skiing, snowboarding, and some of the best snow-shoeing and 4-wheeling in Colorado
* Breckenridge ... ski, snow-board, snowmobile, fish, boat, golf - 45 min. NW
* Buena Vista ... Hot Springs, fishing, raft the Arkansas River - 20 min. SW
* Salida ... fishing, hiking, jeep trails , rafting - 25 min SW
* Como Historic Railroad District - 40 min. NW
* Fairplay Historic Mining Town - 25 min. NW
* Denver ... shopping, theaters, sports, amusements parks -90 min NE
* Cripple Creek ... gold mining, gambling - 50 min.
* Canon City ... home of the Royal Gorge - 60 min SE
* Manitou Springs ... Cave of the Winds, Pikes Peak - 60 min. SE