Located in the heart of the beautiful and fashionable Marais (4th arrondissement) in the center of Paris, this small (10 square meters / 100 square feet) but elegantly renovated apartment possesses the perfect balance of historic beauty, modern conveniences (elevator, central air-conditioning, Wifi, washer & dryer), and ideal location. Wonderful for couples or individuals who want to spend the perfect holiday in an authentically Parisian apartment without sacrificing any modern comforts, this penthouse is a small but beautiful haven in the heart of one of the most best-preserved and beautiful neighborhoods.
Location: As a resident of a centuries-old building on a beautiful winding granite cobbled street, which even by Parisian standards is considered uniquely beautiful and charming, you will have museums, art galleries, incredible food and the latest in fashion at your doorstep. Located on the top floor (6th floor) with an elevator to the 5th floor and then one easy flight of stairs, this apartment receives direct sunlight year-round. It is also just steps away from the beautiful Place des Vosges, numerous museums, parks and the river for romantic walks along the Seine. Foodies will fall in love with the array of eateries surrounding the apartment and the best restaurants in the city, and those with a taste for fashion will find themselves in the middle of a seemingly unending labyrinth of designer boutiques mixed among high fashion shops and art galleries. Additionally, the shops and restaurants in this neighborhood have the unique distinction of being open on Sundays, a rarity in Paris, which gives you the convenience of having everything you need available to you 7 days a week. The neighborhood is so popular on Sundays that the streets are closed off to cars and the area becomes a pedestrian zone for the day.
Sleeping: Fall asleep on white pressed linens on a high-quality 140cm x 190cm sofabed (equivalent to a US full-size bed) that ensures very restful nights. The black-out shutters allow you to sleep late or go to bed early if you need to transition to the time change; this is particularly useful in the summer when it can be light out until as late as 11:00pm.
Eating: A marble countertop and white glass cabinets conceal a full kitchen that is ideal for picking up food at local markets and at nearby bakeries, cheese, chocolate and wine shops and enjoying in the apartment. The kitchen includes a microwave, cooktop, and built-in aeration hood and lighting, espresso and coffee machine (with lots of coffee provided as well as delicious pastries), electric kettle, and toaster. A short walk from one of the biggest open-air food markets in Paris at the nearby Bastille, foodies will find themselves in culinary heaven with both internationally lauded haute-cuisine, as well as up and coming restaurants and bistrots surrounding the apartment.
OVERVIEW OF AMENITIES:
• Secure building with coded entry and two copies of your own key.
• NON-SMOKING apartment and amenities.
• Central air-conditioning with individual temperature control.
• Elevator (only 1 in 200 buildings in this historic neighborhood has an elevator).
• Full size Miele clothes washer AND separate Miele clothes dryer (available for stays 7 days or longer).
• An espresso and coffee machine (including a Nespresso coffee supply).
• A supply of delicious Madeleine pastries to complement your morning coffee.
• Unlimited ultra high-speed fiber optic WIFI Internet connection.
• Flat screen HD television with hundreds of cable channels included.
• FREE unlimited phone calls to anywhere in France, to the USA and Canada, as well as unlimited calling to landlines in hundreds of countries including the UK, continental Europe, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Argentina and Brazil, among many others.
• A well-equipped kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, cooktop and built-in aeration.
• A bottle of wine awaiting you upon arrival.
• The highest quality linens ensure very restful nights.
• Great rain shower with heated towel rack in the bathroom.
• Detailed guide to the apartment and neighborhood, including restaurant recommendations.
• Solid oak flooring.
• High quality hypoallergenic duvets/comforters and pillows, towels and sheets.
• Hair dryer.
• You will be met upon arrival, shown to the apartment and given a lot of information about the apartment and neighborhood.
• 3 minutes from the Metro, putting you at the Louvre, Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe in minutes (or you can easily walk as well).
• There are no extra charges: cable TV, long distance calling, WIFI, wine, coffee, pastries, utilities and taxes are all included.