Completely updated home that is located in the heart of downtown Harbor Springs. Enjoy all of the local activities with a short walk to the beach, marinas and boatyards. Visit the many village shops or take-in the amazing restaurants in this quaint 'Up North' town. Our restored two-story cottage has lots of charm with high-end quality throughout, hand-scraped salvaged wood flooring, shiplath wood walls and antiqued features. Enclosed and heated front porch to enjoy relaxing evenings. Outdoor sundeck and the large backyard includes a fire pit for sitting around an evening fire.
With 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths, the open floorplan has plenty of room for large family get-togethers. Fully equipped kitchen and large island that seats 5, plus dinning area that seats another 6. The second level master bedroom has a king bed that sleeps 2 and an adjoining full bath with a double shower, bedroom 2 has a queen bed that sleeps 2 and bedroom 3 includes built-in bunks that sleep 4. The main floor includes a small room off the kitchen with a twin bed that can serve as a 4th bedroom with total accommodations for 9 guests.
Enjoy all of Harbor's local activities all within a short walk away. A short drive to the Midwest's finest snow skiing and championship golf courses. Explore nearby Petoskey, Bay Harbor and Charlevoix too.
We love spending time in Harbor Springs and welcome you to our home. We pay special attention to every detail for your memorable stay!
Here are a few of our favorite things to do in Harbor...
- Relaxing on one of the many gorgeous beaches, climbing the dunes and enjoying the spectacular Lake Michigan sunsets
- Biking the Little Traverse Wheelway with scenic views of Lake Michigan on the 27 1/2 mile trail from Harbor Springs to Charlevoix
- Enjoying the M-119 'Tunnel of Trees', the Heritage Route traveling from Harbor Springs to Cross Village, is a stunning display of northern hardwoods located very close to the roadway, creating the feeling of traveling through a tunnel. "The route is a favorite of Northern Michigan visitors because of its rolling terrain, stunning vistas, and dramatic turns and curves."
- Riding the mountain bike trails, including year-round downhill mountain bike trails at Boyne Highlands
- Sailing regattas on Little Traverse Bay or Lake Charlevoix... search ugotta regatta Harbor Springs
- Winter months, downhill and cross country skiing at one of the best ski resorts in the Midwest, Boyne Highlands and Nub's Nob.
- Snow sledding is close by (and free ;) at Kiwanis Winter Park. Petoskey's Winter Sports park has sledding and outdoor ice skating, and Boyne Highlands offers a tubing park, fat tire snow biking, zip line, horseback riding, sleigh and groomer rides, snowshoeing, cross country skiing; or visit Boyne Mountain's Avalanche Bay indoor water park.
- Pond Hill Farm, 5 miles north of Harbor Springs, has a locally-grown café and winery/brewery tasting room, hay rides in the fall and a sledding hill, as well as groomed cross country skiing trails in the winter months.
- Skydiving: If you are feeling really adventurous (my brother-in-law has over 200 jumps in), the area drop zone is the only in Michigan with RVT Video Technology and scenic flights over Lake Michigan with every tandem jump.
- Shopping at many of the dozens of village shops
- Movies on Main St at the Lyric: -- "After 35 years, movies back on Main Street! The Harbor Springs Lyric Theatre is just one block away from the original which closed its doors in 1981."
- And of course all of the great dinning and eats within a short walk. For cafés and coffee, Colin's Café, Sam and Graces and Johan's Bakery are all just around the corner (really good coffee :), or try The Stained Cup on Main. The Pier (food and drinks on the water), The New York (think steak and good wine), Pierson's (casual bite with nice patio), Bar Harbor (old school bar & bar food), Turkey's (best pizza in historic café), Gurney's (to go wine and spirits and really good deli sandwiches homemade for takeout), finish the day with Yummies (ice cream shop) or Tom's Mom's Cookies.