Hills and Thrills is a two and a half story house with four bedrooms, three baths, two kitchens, a great room and family style sitting room. There is parking for up to 8 trucks and trailers with gates for added security. A closed garage is provided for ATV repairs or other Sports equipment storage while visiting. An outdoor fire pit area and washing area area also available. Of course there is free WiFi and television. We also provide linens, towels and startup supplies, including toilet paper, tissues, trash bags and paper towels.
Although we are set up for Sports and ATV enthusiasts, we have provided stays for family reunions and other small or larger groups.
The entry provides a mud room type setting with storage for helmets, coats, keys or other items depending on the reason for your stay. The first kitchen is off the mudroom entrance and is fully functional, adding extra space or assistance with outdoor cooking and recreation. There is also the first bathroom with a shower and washer and dryer for use.
Up the stairs on the second floor is the large open family style sitting room. Off this room is a covered balcony for smoking or just relaxing. There is also a bathroom, the second full kitchen, two bedrooms, a great room with dining for up to twelve and seating with a large screen TV.
The first bedroom sleeps three, with a bunk bed and twin bed. It is called the “Coalminers Digs”. All bedrooms have a television an charging for cell phones.
The second bedroom is the “Western Territory” and has a queen bed. All bedrooms also have large closets for storage.
Up the stairs to the third floor is another bathroom and two more bedrooms. The “Country Loft” has three twin beds. The second bedroom on this floor is the “Lighthouse Reef” and has two queen beds.
There is a covered gas grill area right out the kitchen door.
There are three trailheads nearby. All will require you trailer to them. We are hoping that the new proposed trail entrance about two miles away will open.
Indian Ridge Trailhead, in Pineville, is 12 miles away. Six of those are on a lined highway. Pocahontas Trailhead, Bramwell, is 18 miles away in the same highway. Pinnacle Creek Trailhead is in Pineville, about 25 miles away. All are interconnected and have parking with bathroom facilities.
GENERAL HOUSE RULES
1. All guest should respect the property and leave it in the same condition as found other than normal required cleaning, linen usage and so forth;
2. This is an ATV friendly town, but it is also a residential area so quiet hours are generally from 10pm to 8 am
3. No smoking in the house at all. A designated covered balcony is provided for that purpose.
4. Persons other than this in the Guest Party may NOT stay overnight in or on the property. Unless other arrangements have been made, the guest party includes only the number of persons indicated upon registry. Any additional persons discovered staying will be charged the going fee per night, plus taxes to the renters credit card.
5. The property is privately owned: owners are not responsible for injury, property damage or loss. By accepting the reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming any risks from their use of them premises and anyone they invite to visit.
6. Use appliances for their intended use and do NOT remove furniture, chairs, towels or linens outside the house.
7. There is a designated area for washing ATV. Not in any gravel area or the garage. The garage is for ATV repair if needed.
8. There is no daily housekeeping. Linens and towels are provided for a three to four day stay. Additional items will be provided for stays longer. Please bring personal towels and blankets for any use outside.
9. Please keep the doors shut. Windows are not to be open except for an emergency exit on the third floor. The windows may be dangerous and fall. This also keeps the heating and cooling regulated.
10. A fire pit area is available for your use between 5 pm and 10 pm. During he week and until midnight on Friday and Saturday. There are fire prevention rules against use at most earlier times. Please ensure that any fire is completely extinguished before leaving it unattended.
We hope you enjoy your stay and welcome any comments that can make for a better vacation.