|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
A beautiful beach house getaway an hour from Houston! This new home has four bedrooms, four bathrooms, three balconies, a large HD TV in the den, and many more amenities. It is located in a new development called 'Pointe West' in Galveston, TX and was originally developed by Centex.
Only minutes from San Luis Pass and great fishing, or a few hundred feet from clean beach and water activities. The Beach Club includes restaurant, pool, and workout facility.
Oct-Feb $350/night (excluding Holidays)
March-Sep $500/night (excludes Holidays) - 3 night minimum
All Holidays $600/night (3 night minimum, includes Spring Break, July 4th, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year's. This would include the preceding weekend nights for any Monday holiday.)
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Keywords: Beach House
We had 4 families (2 adults and 1 baby each) visit this house. The house is in a great location. 5 min walk to the beach and 5 min drive to the pool club. We really enjoyed our stay. A few minor things that affected our rating: no trash bags and the fire detector was beeping and we had to get a replacement battery ourselves. Overall, sheets were clean and towels provided for bathrooms. Overall the stay was great. I would recommend it to anyone going to Galveston with a large group.
Enjoyed it! Property is beautiful and away from busy Galveston! Private access to the beach and close to the Club!
We stayed in the condo during Spring Break (13-17MAR). We have stayed at Pointe West on previous occasions and enjoy the location and the proximity to the beach and the quality and cleanliness of the Beach Club and amenities. It is close to Galveston and all the local attractions but far enough away to get some peace and quiet .
Upon check-in the ac was in-op but the owners were in constant contact and very accommodating. They had repair personnel out first thing the next morning and had it up and running. Luckily it was only humid the first night but not too hot.
- Proximity to beach and beach club
- Condo's layout and ability to sleep 10 (we had 9 and had plenty of room)
- Satellite, Wi-Fi and tv in living room
- Ease of check-in/out (digital keypad was convenient)
- Communication with owners
- Beds comfortable
- Basic items left in pantry (salt, pepper, seasonings, etc)
- Kitchen layout
- Living room ceiling fan in-op
- TV's in the bedrooms did not pick-up satellite and could use updating, would have been nice to have some separation from the kids
- Several of the sheets/pillows had stains and did not smell "fresh", particularly in the bunk room and master bedroom
- DVD Player in living room did not appear to be connected to the tv
- Light bulbs out (entry patio, small kitchen lamp, fixture above stairwell, kitchen)
- Could use more silverware, measuring cups/spoons, cookie sheets
- Several of the toilets constantly running
- Ceiling fans in guest bedrooms would be a nice addition
- Grill legs are quite rusted and could pose a safety issue, auto start in-op
- Grill was very dirty
- Had a hard time opening/closing the master bedroom door to patio
- Blinds are hard to open and close (several of the cords are broken)
- Bunk beds could use railings
- Batteries dead or missing in the majority of the remotes
- Had to change AA batteries in front door keypad
- Expired/partially used food should be removed from freezer (hamburger patties and ground beef) and pantry (open boxes of cereal, snacks.....)
- I would lock all the closets that have the owners items (entry by stairs and small linen closet across from laundry)
Overall we had a great week and the unit was nice and close to all the local attractions but could use a bit of "freshening up". None of the "CONS" noted are show-stoppers but repairing them would make the unit more accommodating. Not sure if we would stay in this particular unit again.
Some friends and I came down for a golf weekend and couldn't have been more happy with the place. Tons of room, very clean and a great location. They had even installed WIFI recently which was way faster than expected. Even though our kids were not with us this trip, there would have been plenty of room for them as well. Thanks for the great place so close to the beach!! We'll be back next year.
We stayed in this house for 3 nights with 6 teens, 2 tweens and 2 adults. Perfect bedroom layout for us all! Everything was awesome as far as space for that many people goes. The only two encouragements I would give are: WiFi is a vital amenity for most people these days. My husband had to go to the resort area to get some work done and the teen boys thought they would die without wifi access; and, the only TV that was operational was the one in the living room. It would have given us a little bit of free time if the kids had been able to chill with the TV in their rooms at times. Overall, great location, great size and a place for lots of fun! Thanks for sharing your home with us!! Pointe West is a great location for quiet, luxurious and lazy beach days...we will be back!
We have stayed in multiple nice properties at Pointe West in Galveston over the past several years, but we were very disappointed in this house. While it is in a good location, within walking distance to the beach, had a comfortable layout, and had plenty of space for two families of four, the house has clearly been neglected.
When we arrived, the minimum had been done - the main trash in the kitchen was emptied, fridge cleared, dishes put away, and beds made. (We're still not sure if the bed sheets had been changed...) However, the house had clearly not been cleaned prior to our arrival, as there were still potato chips and pieces of macaroni on the floor of the family room, there were fragments of plaster on the floor on one of the downstairs bedrooms (we discovered the source of this later), the surface of the dining table was sticky, with stained chairs. (I messaged the owner about this after our arrival and received no response.) The kitchen dishes weren't properly cleaned, linens are heavily worn, paint was stained and chipping off the walls, the entryway light fixture was hanging perilously over the stairs.
That being said, it appeared that with some paint, a thorough cleaning, and replacement of linens/kitchen utensils/worn furniture, this could be a nice property. It has just fallen into a serious state of disrepair.
Towards the end of our week, we became aware of more concerning issues. We noticed a large leak from the ceiling of one of the bedrooms. Apparently, the dishwasher and kitchen sink are leaking (and have been for a while judging by the ceiling damage) through the floor and ceiling all over the downstairs bedroom carpet and inside the walls. It turns out the plaster was falling off the ceiling in the bedroom because of the leaks coming from the kitchen.
I would note that the owner offered to have someone fix the leak very soon after we told him. However, given the fact that the leak had caused a number of other problems in the walls and ceiling, we agreed with the owner that they should handle repairs after we left. So we were left with a non-functioning kitchen sink and dishwasher, as well as a soggy carpet, for our last 2 days.
While it was clearly stated up front that the house has no wireless internet, even our hot spot devices were spotty, and cell service is very intermittent.
I would not consider coming back here, nor would I recommend it to anyone.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Cleaning and club access||$250|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.