This updated cabin is nestled just 2.2 miles from the center of Black Mtn. It’s on the same property as the hosts’ charming 1909 farmhouse. Every detail has a sweet story. The front porch has ample seating for your family. A gas grill and a spot for a bonfire are steps away. The living room is furnished with vintage pieces and boasts a wood-burning stone fireplace. The sofa’s hide-a-bed is super comfy. The updated kitchen and bath are super clean and well-appointed. Each bedroom has a queen bed and closet. The 2 queen bedrooms are separated by a bathroom, so it’s perfect for 2 couples traveling together. One bedroom can accommodate a pack n play (provided). We welcome families, so the cabin will technically accommodate 6, if one person is a baby! Use the long bench in the LR, TV trays, and outdoor space for dining.
Other Things to Note:
1. For dining, use the long bench in the LR, TV trays, or outdoor space. Card table and folding chairs available upon request!
2. While the compact space technically sleeps 6 (best for a mix of adults and children), it’s super tight for 6 adults AND their luggage. You’re welcome to try, but study the pictures first!
3. Need room for another couple? Check out our guest quarters on the adjoining property at “Pretty Place to lay your head.”
4. The cabin and farmhouse sit on a 1/2 acre, a sweet compact space. Our cabin and farmhouse are close (as pictured) and you'll see us come and go, but your enjoyment, comfort and privacy is of our utmost concern. We have close neighbors, whom you'll never see. You're welcome to visit our latest outbuilding, The Treehouse!
5. This cabin was built probably in the 40s or 50s, and we hope you'll appreciate it's rustic features (as pictured). We make every effort to address "old house issues." We are fastidious housekeepers and take MUCH pride in our property. It's not perfect, but to ensure the highest quality, we clean the cabin ourselves. If there's anything at all that needs attention, please contact us immediately. No matter how much we clean and exterminate, to our embarrassment, an occassional ant will greet you. Just let us know and we'll usher them out!
6. SPECIAL NOTE: Our property is adjacent to Camp Crestridge, and from June-mid August, you might hear the joyful noises of reveille, lunch call, girls’ cheering. It comes in short bursts, and you won’t notice it inside with the air conditioner on. We count it as part of the charm of our area!