Super cute one bedroom simple design, fresh clean and bright. Located in an upscale neighborhood on seascape golf course. So close to the beach, grocery stores, local seafood market, restaurants and cute cocktail spots... there are 2 beach cruisers avail(they are shared with the upstairs guests as well) There are 2 designated beach chairs for you to use as well. There is a pull out couch in the living room as well.
- House400 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Min StayNone
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Aug 16, 2018
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Hostile Property Owner
1. Low cost in comparison to competing properties in the area.
2. Property owner agreed to allow my family stay at the rental rather than just two people as listed in the advertisement.
3. Bicycles, boogie boards and a washer and dryer are available for use.
1. The ad states that the property is five blocks from the ocean. This is true. However, it fails to mention that there is a major, 4-lane highway with no pedestrian crosswalk nearby within those five blocks which obstructs access to the water via foot traffic.
2. When renters are in the unit above, stomping and music can be heard at all hours of the night.
3. We departed on the second to last morning of our stay due to roaches (not palmetto bugs or water bugs). A couple dead roaches were found on the floor, but the final straw was when a roach ran up my wife and down the front of her dress.
4. When I contacted the property owner via email to let her know that we had departed and why, she called almost immediately and became irate to the point where I terminated the phone call. Her frustration stemmed from concern about receiving a negative review. She attempted to call and email repeatedly until I contacted Home Away to request that they ask her not to contact us anymore. Her emails progressed from attempting to bribe us for a good review to threating to damage our reputation (with a poor review of us as renters) suggesting that it would make it difficult for us to rent from others in the future.
I've rented many properties, but this was by far my most bizarre interaction with a property owner. That coupled with the roach problem leads this to be my worst rental experience ever!
Im not sure how to respond to this review because I am 100% positive I do not have roaches. I am there every day to switch it over and I have never seen a roach... also have asked every guest since them if they had seen any bugs and they have all said no. We do live on a sandbar 5 blocks from the beach so time to time every house gets a water bug here and there... even in the fanciest houses we see them. This guest I feel is stretching the truth to say a bug went down his wife's dress. Maybe it happened or maybe its a complete lie. No way to know. I feel they wanted to leave early for other reasons so used "a bug" as an excuse to demand their money back for the last night of their stay. I am not sure cause things happen out of my control time to time but they didnt contact me to help fix the situation.. they just packed and left and then demanded their money back. As for the comments about the people upstairs. It is described in the listing that it is a downstairs unit but I rarely have issues.... I leave a note for the upstairs people to be mindful of noise levels and in the 3 years I have been renting my place i have not had it be so disruptive that anyone has complained.
Kleen, good central location, price good to only sleep there, comfort level poor to spend time insid
2 ceiling lights out; one in living area needed; AC controls in apartment upstairs-AC loud and on/off constantly, after first night owner and I made it possible to get good night sleep-shut one vent, opened others, and shut doors to make bed room OK. Don't want to turn anyone off, but, if you want to spend time in the apartment you may wish to spend more and shop. You can not walk to the beach from here without crossing 158 - 4 lane 50 mph, so you need to drive and find public parking access which there is not a lot of. We spent no time on beach so we were OK with that. This place is OK for the $'s as long as you know what you are getting. JIM
There was one lightbulb out which I replaced. The AC unit controls are upstairs but guests can control the temp by shutting and opening vents. The sound of the AC unit going on and off that he spoke about is normal noise... never had issues with this but you cant please them all!
A Quaint Little Spot
This was a nice little place to stay while traveling through Kitty Hawk. Would recommend to friends. Owner is very hospitable. Overall, a great experience.
Sweet little place for a getaway
It was in a great location and very clean and tidy and perfect for our weekend getaway with my six month old baby . Love it!!!
Perfect for couples!
Had a wonderful time. Great location, comfy bed. Clean unit. Everything you need! Susan has excellent recommendations for places to visit! We will be renting from her again!
Very nice, loved our stay
Our Landlord is the sweetest, hard working young woman you ever care to meet. Our place was clean and she tried to have everything needed to make our stay pleasant. We plan on booking again. Thank you so much