Featured on DIY Network's "TINY HOUSE BIG LIVING" season 7, episode 7, this tiny Charlestonian Getaway is located in the heart of the Francis Marion National Forest and Cape Romain Wildlife Refuge, Charleston's premier outdoor destination! A 35 minute drive from downtown, Here are 10 reasons why you will love your stay at The Marion:
1. Hiking Trails: I'on Swamp Trail, Swamp Fox Passage, Seewee Shell Ring Trail, Wambaw Cycle Trail, South Tibwin Trail, Palmetto Trail starts here at the Awendaw Passage and ends at the Blue Ridge Mountains!
2. Bring your boat! Launch at nearby Buck Hall Landing (7 min), Garris Landing (13 min), or Paradise Island Boat Landing (15 min)
3. Birds of Prey Center: get up close and personal with Falcons, Eagles, and other raptors
4. Bulls Island Ferry: Eco Tours to Bulls Island Sanctuary
5. Seewee Visitor & Environmental Education Center: see the endangered Red Wolves, feeding is every Saturday
6. Historic McClellanville village shops & restaurants, famous for their local shrimp
7. Cape Romain Wildlife Refuge
8. Charleston Zip Line Adventures
9. Cycling/Road Bikes: the Awendaw Loop, a popular 26.2 mile cycle route through the National Forest starts here
10. Bring your mountain bike/motorcycle/atv, the Wambaw Cycle Trail is 1/2 mile up the road.
Also, the Twin Ponds Rifle Range is a few minutes away. With so many outdoor adventures to choose from, make sure you give yourself a few days!