Historic Downtown Guest House
(Hotel Style Suite w/ 2 Person Jacuzzi Tub)
Smart locks with codes for self check in. Come and go as you need to, when you need to.
McCulloch Guest Suite
- Large Upstairs 2 Room Private Guest Suite
- Queen Bed
- Additional Queen Sofa Bed
- 2 Person Jacuzzi Tub
- 42 in TV, Roku, Free Netflix
- Free WiFi
- Fireplace w Remote
- Mini Fridge
- Free Breakfast items, Bottled Water
- Large Common Gathering Room
- Free Parking
- Large Deck Overlooking Downtown
- Heart of Downtown, Walk to Everything
- Starbucks next door
- 1 Block to Ballpark
- 1 Block to Library/Genealogy
- 2 Blocks to Convention Center
- 3 Blocks to Embassy
The home was built by Union Colonel Sion Bass, who commanded the Indiana 30th in the Civil War. The home is decked out with a Civil War theme, with pictures of Sion and his men. This is in the heart of downtown Fort Wayne, with Starbucks a Frisbee throw away, restaurants, and activity in all directions.
This suite is named for Hugh McCulloch (December 7, 1808 – May 24, 1895) was an American statesman from Fort Wayne who served two non-consecutive terms as U.S. Treasury Secretary under three presidents. He was opposed to the National Banking Act of 1864, and attempted to bring the United States back to the gold standard throughout his career. At one time, his picture was on the $20 bill.
Enjoy the common sitting/main gathering room on the main floor. Free parking is provided on site right behind the building. Garbage cans are located behind 517 West Washington next door for you to put your trash in as needed.
Interaction with guests
Our family lives just blocks away, and loves all downtown has to offer. We stop in once a day around noon. I am always available via the AirBnB App, and can be on property in minutes.
Other things to note
In the summer, there is a large festival every single weekend. Our library is magnificent, and boasts the best genealogy department East of the Mississippi River (second in the nation, behind only Salt Lake City). The Barr Street Farmers Market every Saturday morning in the summer is a must see. You can be in the middle of everything in minutes.
Not suitable for pets
No parties or events
Check-in time is 3PM - 10PM (Self Check in, so this is really flexible)
Check out by 11AM
Self check-in with smart lock and keypad
- Quiet Hours are from 9 pm until 7 am
- Additional room cleanings and linen changes provided as requested at $20 per. This is highly recommended for stays over 1 week.
- This is not a full service hotel. There are no daily room cleanings and linen changes. You will need to remove trash from your room out to the cans.
- While my family lives a few blocks away, there is not on site staff, and we are not available on the property at all times.
You must also acknowledge
Must climb stairs - This guest suite is on the second floor, up 1 (ONE) flight of stairs
Some spaces are shared - In addition to your guest suite and private attached bathroom, there is a common sitting/gathering room