4 Bedroom, 3.5 Bath With Chef's Kitchen Near Green Lake & 10 Mins To Downtown.
Beautiful designer home with chefs kitchen was completed in 2013. This house has lots of light and is located blocks from great restaurants, coffee shops, and bars. It is 15 minutes from downtown and near Wallingford, Fremont, Ballard, and the University District (UW).
Green Lake is one of Seattle's best local neighborhoods. It is full of shopping, restaurants, and is the city's recreational center. Fun activities for families and singles abound and you can walk to the Woodland Park Zoo.
Guests have the entire property to themselves. The house is built on the foundation of a house built in the 1920s. Although the only thing left from that bungalow is the front door! The large number of windows give this house an open and light feeling. It is a completely modern house with wi-fi throughout the house, top of the line appliances, Nest thermostats on 3 floors, large walk-in closets in 3 of the bedrooms (for those who don't travel light), and 2 TVs with cable including HBO on one of the TVs.
There are a full size washer and dryer open for guests to use and the kitchen is fully equipped (friends make fun of me for my collection of gadgets) for you to make anything from breakfast to a formal dinner.
I know Seattle has a reputation for a little bit of rain, so for the nights that you just don't feel like going out, there are fun games under the main floor TV.
When you do feel like going out, you can stay in the neighborhood and walk to Tangletown (2 blocks away) which is a tiny little group of restaurants and bars including the Elysian brewery restaurant/bar, a great sushi place, one of the best donuts in America, a tiny restaurant from one of Seattle's leading chefs, a gastropub, a dive bar, a Japanese bakery, a Tibetan restaurant, and the original Zoka coffee which is considered by many to be one of the best coffee houses in Seattle. It is amazing how much is packed into 3 blocks! If you want to go just a little farther, you have easy access to some of the best neighborhoods in Seattle (Ballard, Fremont, the University District, Ravenna, and Wallingford)
The house is 3 stories up and a finished basement. It has a small backyard and one off street parking spot. Parking on the street is easy if there is more than one car. There are no time limits or parking regulations.
I hope you love my home and feel as comfortable in it as I do.
All the details you could want:
Living & Dining Room
- Fabric Sofa with Chaise, seats 6 people comfortably
- 2 leather Barcelona style chairs
- Custom made rough wood dining table with glass top. Seats 6, but can expand to 9/10 if you get cozy and move the bench over to the table.
- Gas Fireplace
- Board games
- Mounted 55” TV with adjustable swivel mount
- Cable and HBO
- Large airplane aluminum coffee table. I just love it!
- Top of the line Viking Appliances including 4 burner gas stove with center griddle, dishwasher, Sub-zero fridge/freezer, large microwave and oversized oven.
- Stainless steel pots and pans, cooking utensils, silverware and dishes included for 10 people
- Cuisinart coffee maker & French Press
- Toaster- Blender
- Queen Bed with reclaimed Brazilian wood bed frame
- Matching nightstands & large dresser.
- Huge walk-in closet with hangers & shelves
- Huge windows looking out across the neighborhood
- Shower features double shower heads & full body shower heads
- Soaking tub
- Double sink
- Heated tile floors, including in the shower
- Double vanity with storage space
- Bathroom amenities included-plush cotton towels, shampoo & conditioner, and hairdryer
“5 Cities” room - Second Floor Front Bedroom
- This room has watercolors on the wall that picture the major places that I have lived in my life. Enjoy them and get to know a little about me!
- There are also 2 cartoons on the wall from a young Cuban artist in Havana.
- Queen bed with modern bed frame and memory foam mattress
- Desk (if you really feel the need to work…)
- Small leather sofa that seats 2
- Lots of windows. I love this room for the windows. This is the brightest room in the house.
“Savannah” Room - Second Floor Rear Bedroom
- This room was designed as a comfortable place for my parents to visit. They loved Savannah when they went and bought these watercolors of some of the most famous old homes in Savannah.
- King bed with innerspring mattress and topper. This is the bed that everyone tells me they love.
- To stick with the classic vibe of this room, there is an antique secretary desk that was in my parents home for many years.
- Large walk-in closet
Second Floor Bathroom
- Shower and tub with tile walls
- Double sink
- Heated tile floors
- Double vanity with storage space
- Bathroom amenities included-plush cotton towels, shampoo & conditioner, hair dryer, and extra bar soaps and other travel size amenities that I have collected from hotels all over the world
“Movie Room” - Basement Bedroom
- The main feature of this room is the 80’s and 90’s movie posters from some of the movies that I loved growing up, including The Hunt for Red October and American Pie.
- Full and twin beds. They can bunk, but I bought nice mattresses and when I had them bunked you had to do a “dive and roll” to get onto the full bed. I like it better this way anyways. No one has to lose the coin toss for top bunk.
- 50 inch television with DVD player
- Shower with tile walls
- Deep sink with spray nozzle
- Heated tile floors
- Bathroom amenities included-plush cotton towels, shampoo & conditioner
- Stone sitting area with patio furniture from June to September.
- The main feature of the yard is the 50 year old rose bushes planted by the family that lived in the prior bungalow for 40 years which were taken off cuttings from the neighbor next door whose family has owned their house since 1918 (and still does!).
- Outdoor Bistro lighting on a remote
- Weber BBQ and Electric Smoker
Key Things to Note:
Families with Infants - The house is not child-proofed, but we will make a high chair, a baby gate for the main floor, and a pack n play available upon request.
Lots of stairs - If you or someone in your group has mobility problems or issues with stairs, this house would not be suitable due to the number of stairs to get to the front door and to get to any bedrooms.
No Air Conditioning - Seattle has very mild summers and mostly cool nights, but we do get occasional hot days. The house does not include air conditioning, so during the summer you will probably sleep with the windows open and fans going. The only room that it can be an issue is the master bedroom on the top floor. The other 3 bedrooms are usually cool at night when the windows are open. (The street is a quiet street without much traffic.)
We will contact you when you book to set up the details and if possible meet you personally to give you the key, a tour of the house, and any helpful hints that you may want about the neighborhood.
Interaction with guests
One of us will be available during your stay if you have any questions or need guidance. Please reach out if you have any questions.
There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the house.
Any garbage must be stowed in the proper garbage or recycling receptacle, located at the side of the house.
Sewage - Guests will only dispose of toilet paper in toilets. No tissues, paper towels, or feminine hygiene products. The house is on an old sewer system and any foreign objects create obstructions.
Fireplace is a gas fireplace. Guests will not place any foreign objects, including any paper or other combustible materials, in the fireplace. Fireplace should be turned off when not in use and must be attended when in use. Guests will not leave the fireplace on when they go to sleep.
Rental is a non-smoking property. Guest agrees to only smoke outdoors with any nearby doors and windows closed. Guest will properly dispose of cigarettes when they are done.
Guests will keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
Guests will only use appliances for their intended uses.
Pets are not allowed on the premises.
Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors; quiet hours are from 22:00 to 08:00.
Number of Guests should not exceed 9 adults and children. No more than 15 people can be in the house at one time including guests. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guests are not allowed to exceed the occupancy limit agreed to above. Fees will apply for excess guests not agreed with the owners in advance.
Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this may result in additional payments.
We encourage all renters to purchase travelers insurance.
Homeowner may enter the property with reasonable notice to inspect or make repairs between 10:00 and 17:00.
Guest agrees to indemnify and hold Homeowner harmless from any liability for personal injury, property damage, or loss or theft of personal property sustained by Guest or parties invited onto the property by Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.