Santa Fe/Galiseo Retreat convenient to downtown & other historical sites
Soft contemporary, adobe home for people who desire style, sophistication and luxury in the historic town of Galisteo. Situated on 25 acres, you have stunning views of the land and Ortiz mountains. Courtyard with a man-made running stream creates a beautiful oasis. Just 30 minutes from SFe's downtown shops and restaurants. This home has been featured in the New York Times in the past.
*Generous living room with 2 wood-burning fireplaces, multiple seating areas and floor to ceiling windows.
*Private and spacious Master BR/BA suite with gas fireplace, Jacuzzi tub, 2 person shower and walk-in closet. (Tempur-Pedic King Bed)
*Guest wing has its own private BR (pillow-top King Bed), full BA and den affording a multi-functional private space. Den has a sleep sofa (high-end), writing desk and wet bar area with its own sink, mini refrigerator, microwave & coffee pot.
*Fully stocked kitchen & stainless steel appliances with large picture windows over-looking the courtyard.
*Patio: Fire pit with spark screen & ceiling that can be illuminated at night.
*Powder room & CD library off the living room.
*Rate discount for weekly and monthly rentals.
Other small amenities & features we have for you:
* Filtered drinking water
* 800 thread count cotton sheets
* Internet based cell & land line phone services
* Water softening system
* Interior courtyard landscape lights
* Radiant floor heating
* International power adapter for electric current
* Glass block water wall in entrance way
* Other Things of Note 1)Water: Being in a semi-arid climate (approx. 14 inches of rain/year), we ask our guests to be considerate of their water usage.
2)Courtyard Water feature (Stream): The stream runs during daylight hours. If any adjustment to the time is desired, just ask the Home's property manager to change it.
3)Gas Fireplace & Fire Pit: Please ask for instructional assistance, if you will have interest in using their features. Please check with the House Manager to see if suitable given current climate conditions and fire hazard rating.
Here are some of the approximate driving distances for both necessary and enjoyable day excursions. (Note all times are conditional on driving speeds and exact location desire.)
* 15 minutes to Eldorado (food) Market & Gas
* 20 min.s to the town of Madrid
* 25 min.s to Whole Foods
* 30 min.s center of SFe Plaza
* 35 min.s to Pecos National Park
* 40 min.s to Santa Fe Ski Basin &/or Canyon Road shopping
* 40 min.s to Ten Thousand Waves Spa
* 1.2 hours to Los Alamos National Laboratory
* 1.5 hours to Abiquiu (Georgia O'Keefe's home & studio)
* 1.5 hours to Bandalier National Monument (hiking, petroglyphs & dwellings carved into the soft rock cliffs.)
* 2 hours to Taos
** 30 minutes from Santa Fe Airport
** 1 hr from Albuquerque Sunport Airport